[Leveling] 80 --> 85

I plan on Vash'jir -> Deepholme -> Twilight Highlands because I'm curious about the lore/stories about it.

If the final stages of beta are any gauge, you will die horribly when you hit Twilight Highlands. Mobs 2 levels above you will hit you like a tank, you'll be 3 shot more often than not. It's not like the current state where you can expect to grind out mobs 2-3 levels higher than you. At lvl 83+ mobs get a buff to physical and magical damage. You're definitely going to need the stamina pool associated with the gear and levels you get 83-84 with any type of squishy class.

Skipping Uldum is a bad idea. TH being the top end zone for the xpac, it has some very tricky areas and the mobs are much stronger. I know that the Wildhammer kill quests as horde were pretty dicey on my mage if I had more than two mobs. They hit like fucking trucks, and they hit fast. And their spawn patterns were erratic, fast, and you could quickly find yourself outnumbered and taking on 3-4 at a time.

Now that the beta is over, I can't check this on my own. So perhaps some of you guys can remember.

Did you have to do all the quests from a questhub to be able to move on to the next questhub or even get it to show up due to phasing? Or are you able to skip quests here and there like tbc and wrath?

It's all pretty linear from what I remember. It's been like 8 months since I did Hyjal and Vashj'ir, so it also may have changed, but I think you didn't really have much of a choice back then.

It's all pretty linear from what I remember. It's been like 8 months since I did Hyjal and Vashj'ir, so it also may have changed, but I think you didn't really have much of a choice back then.

Thats what I was thinking. Anyone else recall differently?

I agree with what's been said. It's pretty linear, with most areas requiring the previous quests completed for phasing or base rep gain to grant access to the subsequent hubs. I can remember several characters who ended up stranded in a zone without progression due to bugged quests.

Hyjal had areas where you could choose which line to work through first (aspects), but they all bottle-necked at points requiring a single area to be complete before progressing further in.

Yep. Wish they had added more of a choice to it, instead of making it like that, but whatever. Its really tightly tuned, you can definitely say that.

I'd recommend using the TomTom + WoW-Pro Guides addons to help with lvling 80-85. I've been using it to level 1-80 the past couple weeks and for the most part it's been spot on and helped save me a lot of time.

I just noticed that it had guides for Cataclysm built into it so figured I'd give TW a heads up.

Actually if someone who played beta could look over the guides and say if they look accurate that would help (just in case).

I don't know why guides are needed anymore. Blizzard has basically taken out any form of non-linear quest progression.

I plan on picking one of 3 toons to level first and will just join someone else's group and spam-queue. I fucking despise questing so I'll avoid that if I possibly can. I'd rather kill 50,000 boars than go through another questline with a cinematic ending.

So violent!

I don't know why guides are needed anymore. Blizzard has basically taken out any form of non-linear quest progression.

I was initially going to say that, but then figured at least eight of you would criticize me and say guides are ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL and you'd be a noob if you didn't use them.

there is an arrow on the mini-map for the quest you have selected

and am i the only one who is planning to do everything and probably take forever to be 85? or at least ready to raid?

im in no hurry at all.

there is an arrow on the mini-map for the quest you have selected

and am i the only one who is planning to do everything and probably take forever to be 85? or at least ready to raid?

im in no hurry at all.

is it an option you have to select? i've never seen an arrow on the minimap

Back