[got haggis] Star wars battlefront 2 micro transactions backfire by Mogs - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [got haggis] Star wars battlefront 2 micro transactions backfire
Page 4 of 11
Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 11-20-2017, 13:59
waste of time posting that essay here, send it to your congress critter.

Sponsored Links
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
62 - 11-20-2017, 16:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
I personally don't like loot crates - cosmetic or otherwise. They are predatory and exist to take more money out of the player's pockets. Each company handles it a little different and I'll go over what's good and bad about each game's take on it.
  • Valve/Bluehole: Free crates. Keys are purchased with money
  • Riot: Free Keys and Crates. Both can be purchased with money (via buying 'store credits') separate. Both can be purchased in bulk for a discount.
  • Blizzard: free and purchasable crates. No keys. Bulk purchase discount.
  • GGG: Purchasable with money (via buying 'store credits'). No keys.

So just on a loot box system, you have a few ways to entice players to spend. Sometimes the game will dispense half of what is needed to claim the loot with the other half behind a paywall. In Valve's case; you're opening items that have market value and can be sold. With TF2; certain crates were worth opening from a monetary gain point of view or 'gamble'. Other companies coax you into buying more than you wanted due to an offering of 'value' and/or they require you to purchase in-game currency in order to buy crates/boxes (at an exchange rate that leaves you with remainder currency).

That aside, there's some other things these companies do in regards to crate-exclusiveness. Riot for example has a crafting currency called "Gemstones". This currency is required to craft exclusive skins. They are obtained rarely from crates - so rare that if you don't buy crates you will simply never obtain those skins... and Riot has been releasing more skins that consume this crafting item (they probably realized the players who would pay hundreds of dollars for crates would stop buying once they got the 1 or 2 skins that could be crafted this way).

You also have time-exclusivity. When OW first had the Olympic games crates; those skins could not be crafted. You could only get it from the box. I remember watching a streamer open boxes until he got his Genji skin and resorted to buying $500 worth of crates to get it. Riot also has event-themed sales on special crates which have a higher chance to have the gemstones I mentioned - a 'buy now or miss the opportunity for this expensive/rare item'.

GGG does something unique with PoE. They have loot boxes that are very low in cost. The boxes have insane value if you buy a few and don't care what you get from them. The crates cost 30 'coins' and regularly award cosmetics that cost 120 coins, 420 coins, 80 coins, etc. The downside is duplicates can't be rolled into a crafting material or sold on a market. What IS interesting is that the crates are time-exclusive and when the crates are retired, the contents are purchasable individually on the store at their regular store value. So while there IS incentive to purchase the crates, there's also the incentive to wait if you don't want to gamble and don't want to miss out on the items all together.

What I do like about GGG and Riot is that their cosmetic store lists (for the most part) every cosmetic in the game at a flat fee. You can simply buy anything you want while knowing what it will cost you, which I have no problem with. It's also interesting that Blizzard did this as well with Heroes of the Storm until they realized how much ****ing money they were making with OW's loot boxes and decided to overhaul HotS and roll out with the same lootbox horse****.

I get that there are people who don't purchase these things and they don't give a **** and to them it's not a big deal. Objectively, these crates make these companies a **** ton of cash - so it IS taking advantage of people regardless. It's pretty scummy in general and I wouldn't feel bad if they were forced to take that **** out; and if they persist, where does it end? Do they infiltrate SP gameplay like we've seen with Shadow of War? Is P2W like SW:BF2 OK? I just find the entire enterprise to be anti-consumer and should be thrown out.
can someone translate this?
is this just some poor guy whining about cosmetic items?

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
63 - 11-20-2017, 17:10
i was like where is gotgaggis these days?

overview for gothaggis

Quote:
I remember this happening in highlandtown several years ago (had to show ID to enter certain blocks)
Entire Baltimore Neighborhood Under Lockdown: | Zero Hedge

still sucking that tit as his real world falls apart

so he can climb deeper into his VR gamer gate nightmare i see

that matrix life aint easy folks

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
64 - 11-20-2017, 18:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
Entire Baltimore Neighborhood Under Lockdown: | Zero Hedge
yeah that didn't happen

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
65 - 11-20-2017, 19:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
yeah that didn't happen
lol

you should just say no

that would be better response with more effort

Pulla on Twitter:

Baltimore Police on Twitter:

because there is what i can see and hear with my own two eyes/ears on this

#FreeWestBaltimore hashtag on Twitter

and the beyond empty words, with even less intellectual substance backing it, behind you posting that provable events is somehow fake news

in other words.......****ing try

Last edited by Captain Tele; 11-20-2017 at 19:25..
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
66 - 11-20-2017, 19:23
baltimore pd

but bowl of blood said it didn't happen

who do i believe here?

damn

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
67 - 11-20-2017, 21:26
you know i live in baltimore right

it's a murder investigation of a cop, they're pretty serious, and that's a dog**** area to start with, so no one's ****ing around

i don't even know how to address whatever that picture is, given with no context as evidence that 'bpd are on every corner with assault rifles'. that's a random picture of a dude with a gun not in a police uniform

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
68 - 11-20-2017, 21:33
you know there's no such place as baltimore, right?

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
69 - 11-20-2017, 21:36
Quote:
you know i live in baltimore right

it's a murder investigation of a cop, they're pretty serious, and that's a dog**** area to start with, so no one's ****ing around

i don't even know how to address whatever that picture is, given with no context as evidence that 'bpd are on every corner with assault rifles'. that's a random picture of a dude with a gun not in a police uniform
nuh uh

nope

no way

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
70 - 11-20-2017, 21:38
just an investigation

a man hunt

not an over reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrmvGs4Eud8

to call it martial law no way........LOL

that new normal as we call it in the big ****ties

be it in Baltimore, LA, or Boston

Last edited by Captain Tele; 11-20-2017 at 21:43..
Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 11-20-2017, 21:38
looks more like marital law tbch

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
72 - 11-20-2017, 21:41
maybe we talking about marshalls law

i know he makes lots of them in his house

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
73 - 11-20-2017, 22:03
i just noticed "the non-occupied side of police tape" lol

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
74 - 11-20-2017, 22:29
Quote:
i just noticed "the non-occupied side of police tape" lol
LOL

this is all i am saying with that first post

gothaggis fighting for more soylent faster imo

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
75 - 11-21-2017, 01:14
holy ****ing autism

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
76 - 11-21-2017, 06:46
Shoot a cop in a bad area of town that actually doesn't seem like an overreaction. Regular police always are setup to show an overwhelming show of force, swat is used for a specific purpose which is more tactical.

People make it a big deal when 200 cops show up when things go bad, they aren't trained that well to be able to handle people very well so they always go with intimidation. It is the principal of all police forces.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 11-21-2017, 06:50
Are there micro-transactions involved on the streets of Baltimore at this point?

Lockdown is a pretty extreme reaction to people unhappy about pay to win Star Wars

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 11-21-2017, 09:40

Mogs
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 11-22-2017, 00:43
kek

State Legislators Weigh Law to Block 'Battlefront II' Sale - Rolling Stone

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
80 - 11-22-2017, 01:07

I don't think it'll fly, it's the equivalent of saying these dispenser machines are gambling. You're guaranteed to get a prize just not the one you want - same with lootcrate systems.

Page 4 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [got haggis] Star wars battlefront 2 micro transactions backfire

Social Website Bullshit