Reload this Page Las Vegas/Mandalay Bay mass shooting
Page 13 of 126
RumbledFeathers
Veteran³
Old
241 - 10-02-2017, 14:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingdeath View Post
The only way to ban automatic rifles is to ban semi-automatic rifles. There is no way around it. It's just completely trivial to purchase the pin and the kit. Almost every redneck I know privately brags about owning the kit for a rainy day, so yea its about as common as you can get.

Look at one point society needs to decide what is the fundamental purpose of arming its population.

It needs to decide whether its about having a militia willing and able to rebel against the tyranny of government or whether its about allowing people to shoot birds and home protection.

The latter does not need semi automatic weapons... Shotguns and rifles will do.
The former is imo both a ridiculous prospect (good luck using your awesome ARs against military drones, tanks, and f22s) and a idea that is hopelessly dated. We have found that there are better methods of dissent in order to enact political change.
As if they wont find other ways. The problem are the people not the weapons. If someone wants to do something like this you think guns being illegal are going to matter? What a ****ing joke. They were illegal in europe too and they still found a way. Not just that but making firearms illegal will 100% create a black market for them and all the associated violent crime that will come with

Sponsored Links
Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
242 - 10-02-2017, 14:11
what about pressure cookers, should we ban those too?

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
243 - 10-02-2017, 14:11
The military coup in turkey didnt go so well

Snake{TS}
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
244 - 10-02-2017, 14:13
God. Anthony Jeselnick hit it so right on the head.

I love seeing celebrites and iG models posting **** like "praying for Las Vegas. You're all in my thoughts." I'm pretty sure the last thing the victims are doing is checking to see if they're trending and who's praying for them.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
245 - 10-02-2017, 14:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLiaL View Post
I think that all fully automatic weapons should be illegal for civilians to possess. Period.
They've been illegal since 1986.

Thingfish
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
246 - 10-02-2017, 14:15
Not exactly illegal, but very heavily taxed and regulated.

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
247 - 10-02-2017, 14:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie View Post
what about pressure cookers, should we ban those too?
no those only kill like 6 or 7 ppl at a time, pretty harmless

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
248 - 10-02-2017, 14:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
Not exactly illegal, but very heavily taxed and regulated.
Fine, to clarify any fully automatic weapon built after May 19, 1986 is illegal to own.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
249 - 10-02-2017, 14:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
no those only kill like 6 or 7 ppl at a time, pretty harmless

only if you don't have one that's full automatic.

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
250 - 10-02-2017, 14:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
i don't know what the solution is

but we do keep breaking mass-killing records

at some point you have to try to do something, right? or is the answer really "oh well sometimes ppl are gonna do stuff like this and we'd better have our twitter thoughts and prayers ready to go"?
Honestly, its the latter. There is a price to pay for living in a free society.

cael
VeteranXX
Old
251 - 10-02-2017, 14:24
there's a price to pay so that rednecks can have their toys

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
252 - 10-02-2017, 14:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
there's a price to pay so that rednecks can have their toys
2/3 of gun deaths are suicides, 1/2 of those are white males over 45. You should be thrilled. The other 1/3 are homicides, 2/3 of which are black gang members.

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
253 - 10-02-2017, 14:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbledFeathers View Post
As if they wont find other ways. The problem are the people not the weapons. If someone wants to do something like this you think guns being illegal are going to matter? What a ****ing joke. They were illegal in europe too and they still found a way. Not just that but making firearms illegal will 100% create a black market for them and all the associated violent crime that will come with

I dont know what planet you live on if you think banning semi automatic (not handguns) and fully automatic weapons would not drastically reduce the deaths in killing sprees in the US.

And dont you think there already is a black market for guns in the US? Sure is, but criminals and gangs fortunatly usually only kill eachother.

cael
VeteranXX
Old
254 - 10-02-2017, 14:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
2/3 of gun deaths are suicides, 1/2 of those are white males over 45. You should be thrilled. The other 1/3 are homicides, 2/3 of which are black gang members.
this was a suicide of a white male over 45

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
255 - 10-02-2017, 14:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
I dont know what planet you live on if you think banning semi automatic (not handguns) and fully automatic weapons would not drastically reduce the deaths in killing sprees in the US.

And dont you think there already is a black market for guns in the US? Sure is, but criminals and gangs fortunatly usually only kill eachother.
Full autos are already banned. Didn't stop this shooting. Most "mass" shootings as they are described are committed with hand guns.

You're asking for illegal weapons to be made illegal so people with murderous intent can't obtain them, as if they will respect the law.

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
256 - 10-02-2017, 14:33
Quote:
what does drastically reduce the deaths in killing sprees in the US realistically mean? what's the value in cutting 100 deaths in 3 years down to 60 or 40? what does that even solve and at what cost?

how do you even measure what's worse? 1 event in one year where a dude with a machine gun mows down 100 people, or 5 events in one year where an individual goes on a stabbing spree and nets 10 a piece for 50 total. why and how does body count matter even in the slightest? if body count is such an important metric then we should just ban cars tomorrow to save countless lives

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
257 - 10-02-2017, 14:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Full autos are already banned. Didn't stop this shooting. Most "mass" shootings as they are described are committed with hand guns.

You're asking for illegal weapons to be made illegal so people with murderous intent can't obtain them, as if they will respect the law.
Im asking for semiautomatics excluding handguns to be banned as well.

Will it stop people murdering eachother? No. Will it reduce it? Yes.
And the fact that this crank trigger is legal is quite honestly mindblowing.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
258 - 10-02-2017, 14:35
**** me. I guess/hope that being Vegas, this at least wasn't a concert with heaps of kids attending

my desire to go to LV one day just took a small, but perceptible, hit

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
259 - 10-02-2017, 14:36
Quote:
Im asking for semiautomatics excluding handguns to be banned as well.

Will it stop people murdering eachother? No. Will it reduce it? Yes.
And the fact that this crank trigger is legal is quite honestly mindblowing.
you should check murder rates of pistols versus assault rifles

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
260 - 10-02-2017, 14:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
Honestly, its the latter. There is a price to pay for living in a free society.
i bet there are other countries whose residents consider themselves "free" that have stricter weapons regulation than we do. so i don't know if i agree with that.

but in practice there will be a lot of wasted breath over the next few years. these things are gonna keep happening, the NRA is still gonna have a bunch of money in the game and for every decent idea to limit guns or track their whereabouts, someone will be there prepared to explain why it won't work or limits freedoms or whatever.

my guess is that there will be a breaking point... and it will lead to useless or arbitrary legislation and people will feel good until the next mass shooting. i'm surprised it didn't happen after sandy hook. kids getting shot in the face is usually bad press.

Page 13 of 126

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Las Vegas/Mandalay Bay mass shooting

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
cael cuckening nigger lover , dealy derp dipshit , humdumbin , lets kill cael , my life is good , veniggs permanently raging