Midair by The Pumpkin King - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Midair
Page 6 of 31
Thread Tools
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXV
Old
101 - 05-17-2015, 07:39
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by machine88aus View Post
tpk sucks at LT so claims hayday had better platers/player base.

He is wrong

/ thread
First of all, I already proved that I don't suck at LT, and that I'm more than capable of leading a PU team to victory against the modern day supposed elite, assuming that nobody knows who I am.

Secondly, I wasn't claiming that the hayday had better players. I claim that it had far more of them, which is a fact that cannot be questioned.

If you show me a screenshot with 420+ 5-man LT teams on a ladder, I will withdraw my statement.

You can't really compare skill levels over a decade span of time.

If I say the players back in the day were better, I would base that off of the fact that they reached a high level in less than a year's time with nobody to teach them disc jumping or having anyone to lay any previous foundation. In other words, they learned a new game quicker than any of you could, which involves skill that none of you had.

Then you would counter by focusing on current aim/ability, which would be superior... expectantly so for having 10 years of time pass by. You would say that you had aim, awareness, and positioning, and "skillful moves", that by far trump the players back in the day, which would be true.

I'm not really interested in having such a ridiculous and pointless discussion.

For me, when teams began quitting the ladders in droves, the game died, and nothing mattered after that.

For you, that's when the "real players" came and showed their stuff, and everything mattered.

We are just from two different worlds man.

As for my own gaming success, none of the people that played against me back in Myth, Jedi Knight, Tribes, Chivalry, or any other game have never had a problem with it, and were all very respectful. This is the only community I have ever encountered that has been interested in telling me that I'm a bad gamer, so it's no big deal.

It's mostly all my fault anyway.

I was incredibly stressed out from stuff that was happening in my life in 2012, and I came back onto this forum and was a gigantic ******* to everyone playing LT. I took out all of my stress on many of the people in this community with ultra long hate posts, so I really earned the position that I've placed myself in. I'm not the same person anymore, but I can't blame you for feeling the way that you do, and it's all good.

I don't play on trying to change anyone's mind here.

If sitting on any Tribes ladder undefeated for a year isn't enough for you, than there is no amount of success that ever will be. I'm not sure how many years you wanted me to stay at #1. Is there a quota or set time or something? Please accept my apologies for getting bored with the game before you all got serious about it half a decade later.

Everyone will always claim that they are the best, that is why you need a ladder. Just watch American Idol to see what happens when there is no standard. Everyone thinks they are Celine Dion. If there's no ladder, I don't see why people even bother wasting their time talking about who is the best.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
Sponsored Links
~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
102 - 05-17-2015, 07:50
Reply With Quote
i wish i had ur enthusiasm, it would make tribe much more enjoyable :/
 
~dickschnitzel~ is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXV
Old
103 - 05-17-2015, 08:51
Reply With Quote
All this enthusiasm and no Tribes game to put it into for 12 years... :O
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
pancake
Banned
Old
104 - 05-17-2015, 11:22
Reply With Quote
uh that pu u capatained and won vs me my top first and 2nd pick dropped mid game when we had a 5 point lead on your team and we continued to play 2 players down on a pub map

that doesnt mean you proved anything just that you're foolish enough to think that winning one base _pub pu where everyone gets picked it's 90% pubbers and your first 2 or 3 picks are most important proves anything as far as skill goes. it's good you captained though and decided to play. we also play arena almost every night and more people is always better.

sitting on top of the ladder for a year is one thing

what about some of the different versions of teams of nonreg or lix that did it for almost a decade to the point where they had to form opposing teams of friends just to have competition because they got so bored of beating everyone else

or the pu scene where only the very best ppl got picked for years and years and years

its not that ppl r saying u r unconditionally bad at t1 just that the era of t1 u were good in really was a low point to many people post 2003ish as far as it mostly was hpb ppl with **** computers before then

and though its good to appreciate that era historically it really would be limited to say that it was the highest point of competition or of how good tribes really got when we started to see the depth of the game. even in 2015 we're seeing new stuff for example though rtcll is a perma raging queer and probably a future pedophile sex offender the scores hes put up in the last year really are unheard of and his aim and movement are really really precise more so than has ever been seen in the game before (because he probably cheats)
 
pancake is offline
 
Last edited by pancake; 05-17-2015 at 12:13..
[meph] still plays
Veteran
Old
105 - 05-17-2015, 11:48
Reply With Quote
Ya was western alliance better than s3? Ya right vgx, changes baby Pac taught us that
 
[meph] still plays is offline
 
Milk-Man
VeteranXV
Old
106 - 05-17-2015, 12:39
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King View Post
You know who I was, you know the teams I played for, and you were friends with Wild_Child, so you aren't fooling anyone by pretending to be ignorant.

Everyone else posting here knows who I was too, so what's the point of such a weak troll?

Are you really still mad?
I don't get it. What does knowing who you are and what teams you played for have to do with you being good?
 
Milk-Man is offline
 
Flipp
Veteran4
Old
107 - 05-17-2015, 12:51
Reply With Quote
dang 0l d00z who fuggin suqqed chit @ trieb like tpk bakk in hayday?? Lelz n still do nao
 
Flipp is offline
 
darkpiece
VeteranXV
Old
108 - 05-17-2015, 13:38
Reply With Quote
tpk was fuking awful when he came back a few years ago and cried in obs about not getting picked

we finally started picking him and put him on LO and he would just run long routes, and cry about the grenade launcher still firing after you die

fuk hes miserable at this game, that is when he first started writing sperg essays on my form
 
darkpiece is offline
 
Milk-Man
VeteranXV
Old
109 - 05-17-2015, 13:51
Reply With Quote
Yes I remember. He seems to think knowing decent players and being on teams with them makes him elite somehow. We had one of those guys on a couple of my teams. We called him mascot. The difference was, he knew he was a mascot and we loved him as such. Also, he was better than TPK
 
Milk-Man is offline
 
pancake
Banned
Old
110 - 05-17-2015, 14:45
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpiece View Post
tpk was fuking awful when he came back a few years ago and cried in obs about not getting picked

we finally started picking him and put him on LO and he would just run long routes, and cry about the grenade launcher still firing after you die

fuk hes miserable at this game, that is when he first started writing sperg essays on my form
i dont think he wrote the sperg essays cuz he was mad he wrote the sperg essays cuz he legitimately had a bout of mental illness which sucked. maybe it was temporary maybe hes medicated now idk it isnt my business im not gonna judge him

pls notice in the hof thread about him i just tell him to get help and dont really make fun of him like cuckold falhawk does who was freshly divorced and basically venting on the internet to make himself feel better about getting cheated on and robbed by his ex wife (lul)

this is because these people tend to be sensitive people that dont deserve that kind of attack as it can push them over the edge to suicide. not that i think tpk was or is suicidal but im just saying there is a difference between his writing of sperg essays now which are just long coherent posts, bs the stuff he was writing before which was like hundreds of post replies to 1 or 2

in conclusion everyone should kill themselves but make sure u kill mabel and fire first or at least castrate them so they cant on the off chance of ever having sex breed. make sure to 100% torture and kill bugspray first for being a genuine long term aspergers guy kill all of his family especially his kids and kill everyone he is friends with to take him and his ideas out of the gene pool. once this is all completed kill yourselves or fake your death while escaping to the tropical island of somalia to live a pirate life .
 
pancake is offline
 
Last edited by pancake; 05-17-2015 at 14:48..
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXV
Old
111 - 05-17-2015, 14:56
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
uh that pu u capatained and won vs me my top first and 2nd pick dropped mid game when we had a 5 point lead on your team and we continued to play 2 players down on a pub map
I wasn't talking about that one. I was talking about the pickup game against Sleepy.

I had forgotten about the one you referred to, but yeah, that one too I guess. To be honest, I won most every time I captained. You can write a reason explaining each victory for each game if you want. You can say I just kept getting lucky if you like.

That's kind of my point anyway...

There's no amount of winning that I could have done that wouldn't be followed by such "justifications," because of who I am, whereas if your close friend had won, it would be "because he's good."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
that doesnt mean you proved anything just that you're foolish enough to think that winning one base _pub pu where everyone gets picked it's 90% pubbers and your first 2 or 3 picks are most important proves anything as far as skill goes. it's good you captained though and decided to play. we also play arena almost every night and more people is always better.
You assume the worst of me to a humorous degree.

Please ask yourself why somebody that had the only undefeated run in competitive Tribes history would care about winning a pickup game like that 10 years later. The person you envision me as is a figment of your imagination. It's obvious by your posts that your mind is highly keen on creating a person that doesn't exist, painting me in the worst light fathomable.

If I'm going to care about that crappy game that I entirely forgot about, you might as well imagine me as wearing diapers and eating baby food while watching sponge bob and slapping my head with a fork.

Regardless, winning a pickup game in your era does prove something. By definition, it proves that I can win a pickup game in your era, and that's about it.

You have to understand that I truly don't care about anything that happened post the death of base. The PU victory against sleepy was worthless to me, though I did find it amusing at the time.

I will disagree with you on one point though. It was not good at all that I ever came back to Tribes to play. I soiled my in-game reputation by displaying the end result of 10 years without Tribes. I allowed your hungry frothing egos the opportunity that I never should have given you.

Never in my wildest dreams had I considered that people would take such an old game so seriously. I thought I could just come back, chill, and have fun playing a game I used to be great at. Boy was I wrong about that.

I wasn't even given a week to remember how to ski before people were screaming about how "players from 1999 are all **** and I am **** and bla bla bla."

I really do regret coming back to see the state that Tribes had fallen into. It was horrifying, and not because of the mod or the game, but the way that the people playing were treating each other.

I'm not talking specifically how they were treating me, but how everyone was acting. It was easily the most openly hostile, immature gaming community I've ever seen in my entire life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
sitting on top of the ladder for a year is one thing
Apparently it isn't very impressive to you. That's fine. It would be impressive to me if I heard about somebody doing that. A difference of opinion I suppose.

Or perhaps it is impressive to you, but only when it is your friends or people that you like that do it? Again, the centerpiece of my point.

I would respect any undefeated competitive player that went on an extended run like that, regardless of whether or not I liked them and their personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
what about some of the different versions of teams of nonreg or lix that did it for almost a decade to the point where they had to form opposing teams of friends just to have competition because they got so bored of beating everyone else
That sounds quite impressive to me. The only thing I would ask is: How many teams were on the ladder? There needs to be a player count and overall perspective on it.

I think we can all agree that being the best chess player in a family of 4 people, is not quite as impressive as being the best chess player at a world tournament of 2,000 professional players.

Regardless, I definitely respect what you are talking about. It sounds like a really awesome accomplishment to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
its not that ppl r saying u r unconditionally bad at t1 just that the era of t1 u were good in really was a low point to many people post 2003ish as far as it mostly was hpb ppl with **** computers before then
Your argument that people were bad because of bad computers and connections doesn't hold up. Natural, the player that you herald as being great, and considered the best Tribes player ever, was HPB most of the time, and he dominated at #1 for longer and harder than anyone else in that era.

I would discuss a point that I am certain that you will ultimately reject, but a big part of the reason that people were so bad is simply because they take a lot longer to learn how to play.

People learn at different rates. It's part of "gaming skill", and another part of the reason why I gave you guys so much ****.

I learn games very quickly. When Chivalry came out, I was really really sick at it for the first 5 months. Then after that people started getting a little better.

I had to quit the game for 3 months after that cus my computer died, and when I came back, people were pretty caught up to where I was. Now, 2 years later, there are people that I can't even touch.

The rate of learning is part of skill. Which is why I'm not mind-blown by what people can do 10 years later. By now, you ought to be shooting lightning out of your asses, and some of you can. I can respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
and though its good to appreciate that era historically it really would be limited to say that it was the highest point of competition or of how good tribes really got when we started to see the depth of the game. even in 2015 we're seeing new stuff for example though rtcll is a perma raging queer and probably a future pedophile sex offender the scores hes put up in the last year really are unheard of and his aim and movement are really really precise more so than has ever been seen in the game before (because he probably cheats)
Well, as you said, the game switched to LT shortly after, so it really was, again, by definition, the highest point of base competition.

I don't consider LT the same thing. It's a completely different game.

For me, base is all that mattered, so it's my opinion that that was the height of competition. It's not an illogical opinion.

To say that the height came much later in LT is not an illogical or erroneous opinion and it's fine, it's just a different opinion and that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk-Man View Post
I don't get it. What does knowing who you are and what teams you played for have to do with you being good?
You're not worth my time Milk-Man...

You're not 8 years old anymore, so grow up and discuss something that has actual meaning instead of acting like a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpiece View Post
tpk was fuking awful when he came back a few years ago and cried in obs about not getting picked

we finally started picking him and put him on LO and he would just run long routes, and cry about the grenade launcher still firing after you die

fuk hes miserable at this game, that is when he first started writing sperg essays on my form
I hated LT and I don't give two ****s.

And no, I didn't hate it because I sucked. I hated LT cus I loved mortars, shield packs, heavy armor, turrets, stations, generators, and everything else that Tribes was. I especially loved people suffering the pains of naked spawn after I smote them. LT seemed entirely carebear and spammy to me. I'll never be able to care or get into that mod, sorry.

It doesn't mean I don't respect the people that play it or excel at it. I know it has a unique skillset.

I used to put out double MA's all the time. 10 years later, I was lucky to hit a single MA all game. Don't care... My princess buddies were already wrecking my face 4 months after I quit back in 2002. No shock there.

You guys obviously care a lot about my performance though. It's fine. Have at it.

The only thing I feel compelled to do is apologize for my abysmal behavior during that time.

It was probably the worst time in my life.

I'm glad it all happened, because everything turned around for me.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
pancake
Banned
Old
112 - 05-17-2015, 15:02
Reply With Quote
ya but u ever just like buy a gun and shoot a random person of an inferior race right in the head with it? cuz until you do that you ain't ****
 
pancake is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXV
Old
113 - 05-17-2015, 15:04
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
i dont think he wrote the sperg essays cuz he was mad he wrote the sperg essays cuz he legitimately had a bout of mental illness which sucked. maybe it was temporary maybe hes medicated now idk it isnt my business im not gonna judge him
Look, this is the first time I've admitted it really, but I'm telling you now...

That time period, during the "return to Tribes" and the "HoF" thread...

That was the worst time in my entire life, and I'm certain I'll never go through anything as bad as that until the day that I die.

I was not myself and I used TW and your community as a stress dump to funnel all of my negative energy that I couldn't contain.

I'm not sick... I was just being pushed to my absolute limit, and I couldn't handle it...

I'm apologizing for my behavior then. I shouldn't have let my real life **** spill onto the forum. It was a very bad idea and I'll never make the same mistake again.

I don't regret going through that experience, because it was the greatest thing that ever happened to me...

Sometimes we learn the most from the most painful experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk-Man View Post
Yes I remember. He seems to think knowing decent players and being on teams with them makes him elite somehow. We had one of those guys on a couple of my teams. We called him mascot. The difference was, he knew he was a mascot and we loved him as such. Also, he was better than TPK
I know you're just trying to be "one of the guys" and "fit in". They seem to like it man, so go for it.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
pancake
Banned
Old
114 - 05-17-2015, 15:04
Reply With Quote
you guys are losers.

group sex?

its not love

learn to love a woman

all that other **** gets cast down into the fire when you are united with your soul mate. (a transition)

i dont mean boyfriend girlfrind bull****

I mean that if you dont get married by an ordained priest
your sex is reprobate and that must be consumed in the fire.

I like it, carry on, cause the longer your in Hell on fire the hotter my love burns.

you aint getting away with nothing.

God knows.

I loved a woman, in a way that pleased God, and he gave us infinity sex and infinity orgasms.

group sex is something i never indulged in.
I had pre-marital sex several times, and it burned me like a mother****er.

good luck with that,
and by the way, when your a fully posessed troll with a spirit manipulated by multiple demons, don't try an d **** with me cause I gots a God-Damed Life Saver Sword that ****s your soul up into repentance
 
pancake is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXV
Old
115 - 05-17-2015, 15:05
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
ya but u ever just like buy a gun and shoot a random person of an inferior race right in the head with it? cuz until you do that you ain't ****
Ok, I'll try to remember that.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
116 - 05-17-2015, 15:19
Reply With Quote
Dont let the h8ers get u TPK u r
 
~dickschnitzel~ is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXV
Old
117 - 05-17-2015, 15:40
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4M45T3R View Post
Dont let the h8ers get u TPK u r
No worries homey.

It was refreshing posting all of that.



I very much appreciate it though.

I go sleepy time now.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
Milk-Man
VeteranXV
Old
118 - 05-17-2015, 15:59
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King View Post
I know you're just trying to be "one of the guys" and "fit in". They seem to like it man, so go for it.
Really I'm not. I just don't understand all the fist bumping yourself as a top tier player. Not trying to be a dick either. I mean hey, as long as you're having or have had a coming to jesus moment, you may as well be honest with yourself here too.
 
Milk-Man is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXV
Old
119 - 05-18-2015, 01:14
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk-Man View Post
Really I'm not. Not trying to be a dick either.
It's good to know that it comes so naturally then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk-Man View Post
I just don't understand all the fist bumping yourself as a top tier player.
Don't worry, what you are currently doing on the forum makes no sense to me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk-Man View Post
I mean hey, as long as you're having or have had a coming to jesus moment, you may as well be honest with yourself here too.
How ironic that you speak to me about honesty. Sure, I'll be very honest with you:

I recommend that you leave me alone.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
jjwtay
VeteranXV
Old
120 - 05-18-2015, 01:51
Reply With Quote
At times I feel like I have been playing a different game these past few years because I have no clue who almost any of you are.
 
jjwtay is offline
 
Page 6 of 31
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Midair

Social Website Bullshit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22.