Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no?

maybe the t1 players should switch to t2. that way they lose better physics, better graphics(hudbot), easy customization. not to mention better flag physics(passing in t2 isn't as good as t1), beacons stops, jumps, and hangs.

I'm sure they will love playing in goon haven. 50 players all mindlessly roaming around the map while 1 guy on each team attempts to actually play CTF.

this :banging:

okay, a few things:

1) i am still reading this topic and still reading PMs, and thanks for all the support. i'm definitely not ignoring any of you, but

2) midterms are going on right now, and rock band 3 along with dj hero 2 and gh:wor just got released so i'm basically trying to do college + make videos for those games (since that's my main userbase) + do music videos for sports teams + work etc.

3) everyone wanting me to do tribes 2, i WILL eventually do tribes 2, especially since the MMO will be based off of it, but Tribes 1 I know far better than 2, so it will take a lot more time to do something T2, which is why I want to use T1 as a test: if people enjoy T1 widely at all, then it'll be a good sign for T2.

If by some odd chance the majority of my viewers are like "this game is gay" (which i really, really doubt is going to happen), then i'd still TRY to do T2, but just wouldn't be as motivated.

4) everyone saying "the servers are dead so no one will join". this is just not true.

when i put this video up, hundreds if not thousands of people will be flocking to these servers. they will be dead for about 1 hour after I post the video, and then they will be stuffed full of people. they will not be dead again for weeks if not months. the rest of the points people are making (outdated game, LT is this or that, T2 is more widely used) are all credible, but yeah, that's not.

5) i am going to hopefully start filming this in november, probably late november as it is.

6) i am not going to abandon this project, I will definitely 100% do this no matter what, with one exception, and that's if hi-rez puts a lock on passing the 1.40 beta out or something else that would prevent me from doing that.

Linking to the config would be the issue. Though, I'd be surprised if HiRez even knows about 1.40, let alone that it was leaked.

Well they know T2 is free to download. Now I know 1.40 is supposed to be unreleased...but what are they losing if 1.40 is leaked to a few thousand people? They should look at it from a business perspective. Thousands of people are going to see T1. Maybe they like it, maybe it leads to them hearing about the new game. This video only increases their potential audience. Unless they have plans involving t1, this doesn't hurt them at all.

Now if they want to do something with T1, this obviously hurts them. What they should do(if possible). Contact Andrew and get him working on 1.40 again. Release the final version through their site and use it as a marketing tool for their new game. I would make the release free to download, but that is up to them.

Back