Vengeance Vengeance

I typed out something really long - but I then realized that this is all TW's fault.

Dynamix never had TW to look over their shoulders or VUG. They had free range to create a game that was one of a Kind, which it still is. Dynamix Team should've been put back together... Cut off from TW to make T2.

There is nothing left of T:V
It will die off and Q4, CS:S will be what's left.

I've said it before when T2 was in beta, and I've said it when T:V was in beta.
"It's Soup in a can."

For fucks sake, what is it that you think we can do? Once everyone knows then we can decide what it is we want from VUG.

I say what we need is the source to T1/T2 and a patch to address only the MAJOR issues of t:v. netcode/tourneymode and a cheat prevention setup (or atleast a cheat prevention system that does a crude, yet effective job that community coders can work with).

Convince them to release the rights to use of content from T1 and T2 they keep T:V since they just wasted a bunch of money on it. I'm not talking game engine or source code.

Miracle said:
Nobody can blame T:V for being T:V . None of the games . . . Starsiege, T1, T2, etc . . . could have become what they did without developer support.

T:V died not from what it was out the box but from being an unsupported game. To me this vindicates IG and Thrax/Marweas.

hundreds of thousands downloaded, played and mostly enjoyed the MP demo. the game got great reviews.

yet only 43,000 people bought it.

the issue wasnt the fuckin horrible box cover. the issue wasnt the support. the issue wasnt marketing (although it could have been better).

the issue, imo, was the design and its "one-size-fits-all" approach to a very complex, diverse and dynamic brand.

ut2k4 and planetside stole tribes ideas (along with other games) and did BETTER than T:V did.

im all for sporty ctf... but TV needed to be a fuckload more than ONLY that to get mainstream support (and even to bring back all the tribes fans off playing wow and battlefield and other shit).

Marweas said:
The point is threatening to do it, showing that you can pull it off, and then using it to get something.

Exactly. I tried to explain this in a thread I made, but many just blew me off.

We need to make an exact list of what we want. Write it up. Send it to VUG, and then let the crap begin within 5 days of no response. Sending them a letter each of those days to remind them.

Once we come up with the list, and the campaign begins, we then need to raise money. Money that will ultimatly go to make our new game/ distributing it. Garage Games will gladly be a key element of this movement.

The name "Tribes" means nothing. The evidence of that is you can have a game called Tribes but violate the principles of Tribes. VUG is expendable. The next Tribes game belongs on the Torque engine and should be called something else. BTW, who bought up Natural Selection weas?

If you were to somehow get the Tribes IP transfered to the righful owners, see sig, then you wouldn't need VUG for anything. GarageGames would host the master servers. GarageGames would make new Tribes games. GarageGames would make fucking patches.

Need I say more?

this franchise died then the core group of t1 devs got fired. there was only imminent death of tribes, but it took years before it did.

What's going on in here?

ZenTseTse said:
ive seen my share of goings-on inside and close to the top of billion dollar organizations.

wait....

catching breathe from laughter. Akuma has been outdone on this one.

Alfred_Neuman said:
this franchise died then the core group of t1 devs got fired. there was only imminent death of tribes, but it took years before it did.
Oh that is what I forgot to add.
But you got it.
Dynamix death was the day I gave up.

LOL, no, writing VUG will do nothing.

VUG always listens attentively to their customers: Best Buy, Walmart, EB, Gamestop. And believe me that one thousand well-coordinated emails to the right people in one week will result in all remaining copies of TV being sent back to VUG for a refund. Take the money they have to pay back retailers against the full-price buy-in, add the opportunity cost of the $20 those copies were supposed to sell for, and you have a small dent in VUG's 2005 annual report. And if it's big enough to have to mention on the annual report, well...

But this is an action that only works well-organized, so don't try this at home.

Hologram, i'd say a good 98% of these people give up before even starting. This community is not what it used to be.

Back