Looking for a new game 'like Tribes to play?

GreyFlcn said:
Thats about what you get with PlanetSide

I loved Planetside for a long time. It was clearly a Tribes game in essence with its own invention and re-invention building up to a hybrid character all of its own. There's both a qualitative and quantitative argument for the T1, T2, PlanetSide logic.

Nonethess, as I've said before, if every player could ski in PlanetSide, everybody and their dog would still be playing it. Which reminds me, I need to start a nerd thread.

Yep VUG

I enjoyed the demo so I will warez it just to smite them!

EDIT: Not to smite IG btw who I love for their FF and SS titles and I will be buying FF:T3rdR and BS. Which will not be to my knowledge published by VUG only distributed.

Last edited:
SWAt 4 is a good, fun game, but like TV, i don't think it will hold the community for as long as the previous titles did, there are already cries of "wtf, this game is for noobs now" and "wtf there is no long term playability or depth anymore!" all over the shop. :(

Not to mention the admin functions etc are crap, just like TV, and many simple_ necessary_key multiplayer functions have been omitted.

I honestly think IG own at singleplayer games, but when it comes to multiplayer they honestly have no fucken clue. :(

If the next Tribes game use mutators i wont touch it :x

Lets talk about a mod for SS:2845
instead of hoping for a new community made Tribes game people have to pay for.
I doubt it would be successful, if you managed to do it.

Imo SS:2845 is the way to go if you want a Tribes game true to the Starsiege universe.
It wont need a big amount of time to finish since most of the stuff will allready be there.

Last edited:
Dear pocketgamer~

You are a moron.
Go home and die.
You bring nothing to the table.
You are the worst community leader ever.

:fu: you tard :lol:

PS: you write posts like a 12 year old. grow up budday.

I'M SPENT! :sunny:

FishStix said:
Dear pocketgamer~

You are a moron.
Go home and die.
You bring nothing to the table.
You are the worst community leader ever.

:fu: you tard :lol:

PS: you write posts like a 12 year old. grow up budday.

I'M SPENT! :sunny:

Wait. .. . hrmmmmmmm. OK, so I write posts like a 12 year old? Where does that leave you on this scale?

Zeonism said:
If the next Tribes game use mutators i wont touch it :x

Lets talk about a mod for SS:2845
instead of hoping for a new community made Tribes game people have to pay for.
I doubt it would be successful, if you managed to do it.

Imo SS:2845 is the way to go if you want a Tribes game true to the Starsiege universe.
It wont need a big amount of time to finish since most of the stuff will allready be there.

This wouldn't be very strongly a community made project. It would be GG making all final decisions. However we give them general format for how we want things.

count_us_in.jpg
<-- wanna go to the Black Panthers Party.

I don't think people get it.

We already have Tribes 1, Tribes 2, T2C, and Legends.

People keep making idiotic posts that are besides the point. Do you people think we are just trying to bring the best of T1 and T2 into a game, main purpose to create better graphics?

We are not graphic whores, as the more hardcore players drop out almost anything that cuts a few frames off their FPS.

So what is the purpose for making a Tribes 3?

TO BRING NEW PEOPLE INTO THE COMMUNITY!

That's the ultimate goal. I already have 3 games that give me the great feel I want, with decent enough graphics, unfortunately, the numbers are no longer there.

So therefore we must build a new game, market it, and sell it as one. To re-create the hype that T2 had behind it.

While a mix between T1 and T2 with better graphics may be what we want, and end up with, the key and reason behind making a Tribes 3 is to simply bring in a few thousand more players, in the hopes that a few hundred become die hard competitors.

To do this, we need a few things.

A) Tribes IP
B1) GG to make game
B2) We decide what main features will be in our game
C) Money to help fund development
D1) Word of mouth, create hype on other forums
D2) Money to get the word out
E) Money to distribute it

Now. There are different ways we can go about doing this. Marwease has suggested a way that requires heavy investment. I have suggested a way that is easier on the pocket books, that bypasses any publisher. Hopefully someone will come up with an even better idea then both of ours combined. Only time will tell.

I am sick of throwing our threads off topic to explain this to people, so here it is, laid out so you freaking morons with no comprehension skills will hopefully understand.

Back