[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

Halcyon said:
Is it possibe to make a map in 3dstudio max then import it? cause I actually know how to use that....

When I create a new map in the editor it doesnt allow me to pick a prefab map or skybox...and I am not familiar with this program at all...the tutorial is miniscule and lacks alot.

Not sure...

If you already know max... trust me, you will have problem at all learned ued...

just dedicate an hour to learn the basics and then you are off to explore everything else

trust me on this one..

Like mentioned beforehand, I want to see T1/T2 maps that look much younger then their older counterpart.

Examples:

Raindance with a full river in the ravine, maybe also with puddles around the bases. Perhaps with another tower that fell down before the "T1 raindance" took place.
Or Stonehenge with a huge Mayan Ziggarat and totem poles around the bases. Just think of the grapple possibilities...
Perhaps a version of Bloodbath before the tribes "hollowed out" the inside (kinda like how cavern looks maybe?). Just suggestions on cool retro maps.

On Canyon Crusade, have sparse areas of vegetation with maybe a small oasis near the bases?

Anyway, I really look forward to some user made maps.

Fraggy Poo said:
Like mentioned beforehand, I want to see T1/T2 maps that look much younger then their older counterpart.

Examples:
....... On Canyon Crusade, have sparse areas of vegetation with maybe a small oasis near the bases?

i like the way you think.

for canyon make a lush oasis... that after 'the big one' now (t1 or later) is a baren desert.

= sweet

I hope most map developers will focus on new creative ideas and take their time with the details and not rush them out for gameplay.

Eurus said:
I hope most map developers will focus on new creative ideas and take their time with the details and not rush them out for gameplay.

True. I'm just contemplating a good map in my head now. My goal is to make it competition worthy. Have some ideas. I got UT2k4 for the textures (there's like 3 gigs or so).

Having fun.

base.jpg

Just experimenting now.

I seriously hope that we can all do better than a bunch of remakes of T1 & T2 maps.

Come on guys, come up with some original ideas, this editor so powerful that it seems like a waste to me to only churn out remakes, and exact duplicates of old maps.

If you want to copy the gameplay style of CC that's cool, put the flags in open "bowl like" areas, but for the love of God make the rest of the map different in some way.

destroyer193 said:
newmap3.jpg

newmap4.jpg

look familiar?

edit: verrrrrrryyy early... started this weekend, playing with different things... nothing is permanenet... especially the shazbot in the middle.

hrm, I thought you couldnt play the map?

Back