News: Tribes: Vengeance Skinning Contest

Uncle Silas said:
If no skin is good enough to be included in the game, there may be no winner. If all they get are bright purple barney renditions, obviously they aren't going to pick a winner.

Uncle Silas said:
I get it, it just seems strange.
Just protection for themselves so they aren't obligated to put a crappy skin in the game. Who knows, they may pick a winner that is really cool, but not good enough for the game and give them a video card. But just not put it in the game. However, if we didn't have the "No winner might be chosen" rule, people could argue that they should win the entire prize package because they "won".

Phantomstranger said:
you know you should have another contest were people make new models+skins.
TW may do that after the game comes out. But for this contest, there are specific goals. Keep those goals in mind if you want to win.

sLoGg said:
so is this an alternative skin like an alternative pheonix skin, or just make it any way we want?
You can make it however you want, but the winner of the contest will be the one that can make an excellent alternative Phoenix skin.

I dont have lightwave, but when I imported it back into max all it had were some texture problems (Which can be easily fixed yourself)

Colosus said:
You can make it however you want, but the winner of the contest will be the one that can make an excellent alternative Phoenix skin.

in that case do we get HQ pheonix logos to work with and tag on to the skin????

i dunno what to tell you fool, no lightwave here so its not like I can go and try to fix it

thankfully the head skin file is pretty small, so you shouldn't have much trouble just imagining where your artwork is going. if you want to render it though, give me an irc pm and ill start up max.

Back