News: Tribes: Vengeance Skinning Contest

orangeblue.jpg

I suck at skinning, any comments?

That is just how the colours are gonna be, I'm gonna jazz it up later :x

Haven't touched the head yet

Arcanox said:
I'm going to post my "work in progress" Pilot model... Keep in mind everything on the armor will be changed once I have completed my work.

pheonix3.jpg

I like the look of the helmet work you've done so far nj. i look forward to seeing it completed.

steel.jpg

I'm gonna TRY to finish this, texture work is so mentally exhausting for me. I'm going for primitive hammered steel look. Make him look a little heavy.

It'd be nice if there was some standalone program you could download to test these models/skins in.
Is there like a .max viewer or anything?
I'd like to take part, but I can't because I don't have 3dStudioMax :(

KingTomato.org said:
Imho, putting it into a game would give a "better picture about what your skin will look like on the armor". From a game perspective, you'd get lighting, shadows, movements, and other manipulations I don't think you can emulate in 3ds max (or as well). Granted, you may be able to light (as I heard someone talking about glowing eyes), but that's just not as emulating as in-game lighting.
uh, rendering it in 3dsmax is far closer to what t:v looks like than what either t2 or t1 can do ;p

also, for the people whining about not having 3dsmax, try reading the thread. theres a link to a 30 day evaluation version.

DEbig3 said:
uh, rendering it in 3dsmax is far closer to what t:v looks like than what either t2 or t1 can do ;p

also, for the people whining about not having 3dsmax, try reading the thread. theres a link to a 30 day evaluation version.

where?

started to change some stuff in the head .psd file, but changes don't show up when I load it up in 3ds6max, do I have to change the tga files too? If so, how can I copy the changes over without too much work? Help appreciated :/

>Save as
> choose your name
>File type Targa (.tga)

The .max file uses .tga files for the textures, not .psd. There were instructions to attach them to the model somewhere in this thread I think.

Edit: keep in mind that you want to save a .psd copy as well... the .tga copy will not have layers.

Yeah, what I did was took the original tga and started my PSD file by copying the original as a locked layer, that way I can just save the PSD over the original tga file and it updates automatically when I switch back over to Max.

Back