News: Beta Signups Begin

Is this US only to? signed up but couldn't fill out the state field completely and also put my post code in the zipcode field.

ZProtoss said:
I have a new question. Has the game officially been classified as beta now? Seems like a really short alpha period.
No. Our internal designation of "Beta" and the public testing also known as beta are different things.

Thrax Panda said:
NOBODY is getting accepted. They're just getting into the database. The only way you know you're accepted is if I've told you that you are, or one of the dev team in AUS has told you that you are.

Care to elaborate on how selections will be made at this point?

Seems obvious how selections will be. Most of the testers will come from pot luck specialized random selection. (Randomly selecting from certain spec groups, IE: 2ghz processors with GF4s, blah blah). With the other small part being friends and family of irrational, and press related people.

edit: if it follows the trend of other betas and stuff anyways.

Putrid said:
:( It wont' register me with IE, just takes me to the can't register you page and then gives me an e-mail addy...
Just wait. The're working to fix that. If your email address is already in the system it freaks. I've told them about it and they're working to fix it. No rush, no worries, try again tomorrow. It's not a race.

pogozorro said:
Start praying for my blanket Vet^4 acceptance idea.

well I sent an email to that addy it told me too...

Thrax knows me from more than just here...

if I get in, I get in, if not then I know where the building is :browsmile

Putrid said:
:( It wont' register me with IE, just takes me to the can't register you page and then gives me an e-mail addy...

Yeah I'm still getting this as well, went through the same exact BS when I tried to sign up for Ground Control 2 beta.

Is there any work around for this whatsoever?

I'm using IE, set to accept all ActiveX thingies, but when I try to load the page it comes up for about half a second then brings me to this page:

We are unable to process your request online at this time.
If you would like to participate in the beta test program, please contact david.naney@vugames.com to enroll.

Back