OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread by Marweas - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread
Page 2 of 28
Rabid Poop
Veteran++
Old
21 - 10-10-2003, 19:10
there better be no OOB mobile spawn points or hell will break loose.

Sponsored Links
Error|550
VeteranX
Old
22 - 10-10-2003, 19:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colosus
Do you even realize who you are making remarks against? I play both games equally. A remote respawn is a stupid idea. It puts too much focus on trying to destroy a mobile front of the enemy and takes away from the action at the flags and bases.
Well, if one team has a tactical goal of placing a remote spawn point and one doesn't, someone's base is gonna get trashed while they're out looking for a parking space ...

dan-o2
VeteranX
Old
23 - 10-10-2003, 19:10
Also, for the person from last thread asking about individual buggies for each tribe, according to http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tr...reenindex.html you'll get your wish. Also, the pic of the BE buggy has a nice picture of a chaingun.

=BL=VorteX
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 10-10-2003, 19:10
the weapon looks and sounds cool. the vehicle looks badass but remote spawn is gay gay gay.

liquidh2o
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 10-10-2003, 19:10
the rocket pod is win in my book. It's not guided, so it will require a degree of skill to aim. Not only that, but you'll pretty much have to be distraction free to be successful with this.

The rover. Interesting. Not sure how it'll fit in in the grand scheme of things. Heavies can't drive it, but can they be seated in it? Speed of it? Functionality? Weapon/shield strength? I'm sure we'll get a good demonstration during the video, so my opinion is still out on the Rover.

Adept
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 10-10-2003, 19:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by makua
The goal was to make a game that could be played comp with 5v5. I dont think a remote spawn point in game designed for small maps is that useful.
no, that isnt the goal..

]{ane
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
27 - 10-10-2003, 19:11

Last edited by ]{ane; 10-10-2003 at 19:14.. Reason: nevermind.......
Marweas
Weasel4
Contributor
Old
28 - 10-10-2003, 19:11
Then make sure you have some tissues around when you watch the video, Blitz.

The Rocket Pod is an interesting weapon.

One button press releases all 6 rockets. On a number of occasions I could fire another 6 rockets while the first 6 were still flying around. The rockets are pretty responsive - you can make them go in one direction and then turn them in mid-air to another direction, but they have their own velocity, so a hit takes quite a bit of skill. They're not very good against fast moving targets, and I wasn't able to target them at all while skiing fast. Thrax said they were pretty good at hitting the rover. This weapon is restricted to Med/Heavy armors. My biggest gripe with it is the model/skin. What do you think?

edit: the RP is NOT heat-seeking

Last edited by Marweas; 10-10-2003 at 19:14..
Darkfire
VeteranX
Old
29 - 10-10-2003, 19:12
I agree with triple on making that vehicle handle like halos warthog cause thats pretty fun to drive.

Error|550
VeteranX
Old
30 - 10-10-2003, 19:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidh2o
the rocket pod is win in my book. It's not guided, so it will require a degree of skill to aim. Not only that, but you'll pretty much have to be distraction free to be successful with this.
Agreed. Just MAKE SURE it never comes out - at least in Base ... I don't give a damn about the mods crowd - with a heat-seeking flavor ...

Adept
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 10-10-2003, 19:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marweas
My biggest gripe with it is the model/skin. What do you think?
exactly what i was thinking...

MoneyShot
VeteranX
Old
32 - 10-10-2003, 19:13
someone care to explain the difference between remote spawning and regular spawning? im confused.

Son of Mothra
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 10-10-2003, 19:13
ahh good it isnt fast

Error|550
VeteranX
Old
34 - 10-10-2003, 19:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyShot
someone care to explain the difference between remote spawning and regular spawning? im confused.
"Remote" means "somewhere on the map other then your base".

Brasstax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
35 - 10-10-2003, 19:13
"Currently, the rocket pod is a bit tricky to use. We're exploring ways of making it fun while ensuring it remains a skill-based weapon. I should mention that, unlike Tribes 2, Tribes: Vengeance doesn't have flares to counter rockets. Your only defense is to be aware and dodge accordingly."

This is odd. I like the part about keeping it skill based, but then he talks about dodging rockets.

Ahmida
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 10-10-2003, 19:13
I see it becoming like a half health shocklance. Get close and let fly. If the inital fire is spread I don't think that will be a problem. Maybe if you have the rockets come out sequentialy or something.

Darkfire
VeteranX
Old
37 - 10-10-2003, 19:14
I dont like them things coming out of the side of the model (2 pipe things)

Rilke
VeteranX
Old
38 - 10-10-2003, 19:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colosus
Do you even realize who you are making remarks against? I play both games equally. A remote respawn is a stupid idea. It puts too much focus on trying to destroy a mobile front of the enemy and takes away from the action at the flags and bases.
Ya, I know who you are Colossus. But thanks for asking.

Depending on how a mobile front is implemented, it can have a multitude of impacts on gameplay. In any case, reasonable implementation would equate to strategic depth.

I disagree that these things can not be implemented without detracting from a given game's objectives.

In general, I am progressive when it comes to design, not prohibitive.

VirDT
VeteranX
Old
39 - 10-10-2003, 19:14
Anything that gets people away from that flag instead of piling all the D at that point sounds good to me.

Colosus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
40 - 10-10-2003, 19:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by makua
I see it becoming like a half health shocklance. Get close and let fly. If the inital fire is spread I don't think that will be a problem. Maybe if you have the rockets come out sequentialy or something.
They do. Not a rocket shotgun.

Page 2 of 28

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread

Social Website Bullshit