Old
123 - 09-04-2020, 07:50
http://www.truthism.org

spockhammer
De(me)ntedX
Contributor
Old
124 - 09-19-2020, 19:19
got banned from the twitch chat during the draft for whatever reason but shortly after i said "the game hasn't changed if shooting the flags to move them is still in it"

good old austrian authoritarianism

BaseEncrypt
Veteran++
Old
125 - 09-19-2020, 20:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2:37 View Post
yeah they took the scum of t1 (cg) and made it even stronger (less splash range) That's why they circle jerk when someone hits a 20+m disc..
Watching the tourney today I see so much chaining. Strange watching a 'tribes' game with no laser rifles, no mortars, no mines no real sensor grid or anything it's a big meh. Crash flagstand in one armor and chain chasing woo. You can tell this was made by the LT crowd and it will probably be fun for them, but it's not really that appealing as a game in general in this state to a broader audience and just like the first time it will die off quick. no modding planned, really still didn't learn that lesson? you hate to see it

ColBlair
VeteranXV
Old
126 - 09-20-2020, 05:16
Midair:CE is being made by a volunteer team with a very specific focus.
We do not have the resources to make a fully featured Tribes game with multiple armor types, vehicles, large bases, additional game modes & the maps to support it. And if we did, we'd certainly not have the resources to advertise to a crowd large enough to support game modes of that size.
But we do have what's required to polish and release a 5v5 single armor game with game modes which work around that.
I don't think anyone has said this is going to be bigger than Tribes X... but we've obviously got a good sized community interested in playing at the moment and we'll do what we can to nourish that and see how it grows.
It is definitely not going to be a game for everyone... not even every ex-Triber. But there's certainly a lot of people enjoying it and we're happy for it just to be a niche game. Appreciate the time you took to give it a look, sorry to hear it wasn't for you though.

spockhammer
De(me)ntedX
Contributor
Old
127 - 09-20-2020, 08:41
what even changed between this midair and the old midair aside from the oob grid losing flags

really it just looks like the same group of authoritarians under nasty hobbit trying to privatize to control a community and video game instead of letting it grow organically

its like lyon begging for the t1 discord for years and then when he finally gets it its a 15 person pu circle jerk all donald trump caucus and the 50 person casual pub dies

good grief no thanks

Last edited by spockhammer; 09-20-2020 at 08:44..
FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
128 - 09-20-2020, 19:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBlair View Post
Midair:CE is being made by a volunteer team with a very specific focus.
We do not have the resources to make a fully featured Tribes game with multiple armor types, vehicles, large bases, additional game modes & the maps to support it. And if we did, we'd certainly not have the resources to advertise to a crowd large enough to support game modes of that size.
But we do have what's required to polish and release a 5v5 single armor game with game modes which work around that.
I don't think anyone has said this is going to be bigger than Tribes X... but we've obviously got a good sized community interested in playing at the moment and we'll do what we can to nourish that and see how it grows.
It is definitely not going to be a game for everyone... not even every ex-Triber. But there's certainly a lot of people enjoying it and we're happy for it just to be a niche game. Appreciate the time you took to give it a look, sorry to hear it wasn't for you though.
Thanks for your hard work man. Midair is awesome, I haven't enjoyed playing a Tribes (ish) game this much in many years. The community has been pretty great too.

spockhammer
De(me)ntedX
Contributor
Old
129 - 09-21-2020, 13:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishStix View Post
Thanks for your hard work man. Midair is awesome, I haven't enjoyed playing a Tribes (ish) game this much in many years. The community has been pretty great too.
~i got kicked out of the blonde haired blue eyed helicopter and condemned to the chemical poison compost for 25+years~

spockhammer
De(me)ntedX
Contributor
Old
130 - 09-22-2020, 13:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7owlbnAJpE

BaseEncrypt
Veteran++
Old
131 - 09-24-2020, 04:00
jokes aside clearly some talented people on mace team
Midair Community Edition + Artists Work - Album on Imgur

https://twitter.com/i/status/1308187289206566913

https://twitter.com/i/status/1245043388790996992

broast
Veteran++
Old
132 - 09-24-2020, 11:19

this a midair map?

ColBlair
VeteranXV
Old
133 - 09-25-2020, 17:42
That one isn't no, but I think all the rest are Midair: CE related.

Page 7 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Midair: Communtiy Edition

Social Website Bullshit