Guild Wars 2

Coombz, You'll be happy to know that I'll be trying to join the PVP ranks with a guardian rolled specifically for that purpose. We'll see how it goes.

Gave engineer a good run in pub pvp yesterday with the pistol/shield/bombs condition dmg build someone linked...pretty powerful but i need to work out the kind of ridiculously tanky build i see all the time in tourneys...google not helpful ;<
try something like this

Build Editor :: Guild Wars 2 Skills

lets you switch to flamethrower when necessary to get to ~3k armor & almost 2k toughness

Last edited:
Just switched to Crystal Desert

Hit up Skeletor in game . Though it might be Doctor Skeletor. I can't figure out their naming shit.

Coombz, You'll be happy to know that I'll be trying to join the PVP ranks with a guardian rolled specifically for that purpose. We'll see how it goes.

:clap: good deal

I don't really know about guardian specs but i recommend checking out the class forum on the gw2 page and trying some builds out in pub pvp to see what works

ya i need to do a bunch of pub pvp so i can figure some shit out instead of sucking it up with you all in tourneys :eek: of course, i like playing with you all better than pubs :D

not that score means much, but i was relieved to not be at the bottom of the score range last time we played

lol @ pvp , spam buttons , no skill necessary. But then again you arent a cyber athlete like me , superxxx69sniperelite.

Eggo , all you need to know is that Cael and I don't like this game(its boring as fuck , grindfest , not innovative , pvp sucks , pve sucks - basically everything sucks).
That's pretty much all the info you need, #superstarcyberathletes , getatmedawg

ok i'll skip it then. i don't need to get wrapped up in another grind based game. i was really looking forward to another DAoC but I guess it'll never happen. i saw the pvp shit and yeah..it looked like mindless button spam. what happened to a legit combat system in online mmos? fucking stupid

fuck the gaming industry

In a thread full of 95% positive opinions about the game, you decide to go with the 1 or 2 negative ones.

Smart.

P.S. the game's PvP is anything but a mash fest. It's actually pretty intricate with systems layered on top of each other. Watch some legit SPvP tournament matchups. The PvP isn't perfect by any stretch, but it's definitely not mindless.

PVE leveling experience is great. Beautiful zones, no forced grouping etc.

PVP is instant L80 for tourney play with all skills and traits unlocked so you never have to touch PVE.

WvWvW is as fun if not better than DAoC at times and can also be used to level but you don't get everything unlocked.

The only "grind" is for legendaries which are cosmetic and for rank which if you are actually playing to PVP doesn't matter except for cosmetics.

There is no arena style death match for PVP though if that is what you are looking for.

And mindless button spammers are in every game and get pooped on easily.

#1 twitchtvpro$$cash$$millionairexoxogamer4lifexoxo.

In a thread full of 95% positive opinions about the game, you decide to go with the 1 or 2 negative ones.

Smart.

P.S. the game's PvP is anything but a mash fest. It's actually pretty intricate with systems layered on top of each other. Watch some legit SPvP tournament matchups. The PvP isn't perfect by any stretch, but it's definitely not mindless.

i have played over 100 hrs with mr. drakelton and i take his word for most things

gw2 looks ok but i really dont wanna grind for levels. i wish wvwvw was insta 80 like the pvp

i have played over 100 hrs with mr. drakelton and i take his word for most things

gw2 looks ok but i really dont wanna grind for levels. i wish wvwvw was insta 80 like the pvp

eggbro, don't listen to td. The game is fun and you don't need to grind at all to be competitive. Don't listen to Maconi either because he complains about everything no matter what. WvW is a shit ton of fun. sPvP is fun, and PvE is surprisingly good (and I have hated every single MMO I have ever played up until GW2)

you dont have to grind at all if you dont want to

you can jump into pvp and immediately have access to everything

wvw you can do so as well, but it does take like 1 hour or something to unlock all the skills and you are at a slight disadvantage to ppl with max uber wpns, i think.

you can also level insanely fast in pve if thats your goal

and pvp/wvw combat is definitely not button mashing, not sure how you gathered that...

WvW is shitty anyway, who wants to run around in a zerg capturing castles? Zzzzzzz

It's no DAoC that's true, but like DAoC 8v8 8v16 8v24 etc is like Tribes 1 and many other classic gaming experiences...we will never see it's like again :(

I won't bother trying to convince you, but i would urge you to make up your own mind rather than listening to td who played like 2 rounds of public server pvp at launch ;]

Back