The Official Subject Matter Experts of TribalWar.com

I haven't read the whole thread but I figured I should probably be put in for enterprise Windows / .Net engineering + architecture.

Reason: Dell.com = me

If $55 million dollars a day isn't enough to qualify, I also keep an eye on the TWL systems (omg community service).

- D

Diox,

Can you please make it not so difficult to get to online tech/order support? You practically need a birthcertificate to ever connect to anyone, or it tells you dont exist as a customer, or it simply doesnt work at all for me.

:heart:

DruMAX said:
what is the purpose of it then if not to show names of 'experts' to seek advice from?

Just in case this isn't rhetorical: it's an epenis++ thread. Nothing more. Nothing less. Have fun with it if you need to feel like you're an expert at something; ignore it if you don't.

Misanthropic statement of the day: those who are truly expert in a field don't need to proclaim that fact to others.

Bounty said:
Quite right, sir - it's been fixed. :)

I was actually a very enthusiastic member of my cutter's damage control team (nozzleman on hose #1, baby!). We beat out all of the Navy vessels in 1997 during refresher training at NAB Little Creek, VA, and earned a Coast Guard "E" Ribbon (Excellence) for it.

Maritime firefighting rocks. And yes -- it is VERY different than land-based firefighting!

Now the DC Olympics are held every year during the Ft. Lauderdale Air/Land/Sea show down in Ft. Lauderdale at Resolve Fire and Hazard training.. the school my dad was formerly director of.. and i say formerly because of this little story:

my dad did 20 years in the navy, retired in 01 and went to work for them, the company had a shitty policy of renting out the facility to land based fire fighters who would in turn use the facility like a rental car.. one day they got somebody killed, the company turned around and basically tried to blame my dad.. even though the following facts were present:

A. The company had this policy long before my dad ever worked for them

B. The facility didn't have any permits for its construction, no blue prints.. basically it was a whole bunch of cargo containers stacked ontop of each other in the shape of a ship, and had been gutted so many times, even if there were permits and blueprints from its original construction, they wouldn't match up.

C. because the facility wasn't properly built or designed... ie it was basically a backyard construction project that involved no contractors or architects, it didn't ventilate heat or smoke properly, and being of all metal construction it conducted heat around the whole facility rather easily, rising the temperatures in rooms on the opposite end of the facility where the burn rooms were.

D. my dad had told the company several times that they needed a new facility built properly, all they said was they were working on it (which technically they were, but a new facility would be opened 10-15 years down the road)

E. My dad was in haiti at the time of the incident

The company didn't blame him for the death or anything of the like, the blamed the financial failure of the school on him, because the city of hollywood had shut the school down.. for obvious code violations with the facility, it was shut down for a good year, so all the business the school did, which was teaching cruise line employees and land based firefighters how to fight maritime fires was effectively ended while the school was shut down in order to rebuild the facility.

So basically... The company fired my dad as director of the school and put him in charge of the incident response team, cut his pay by 33%, all because of violations the company knew of for years caused the school to be shut down for 1 year, with the vast majority of income being closed off, while money was being spent to bring it upto code. My dad said fuck this, quit the company, started up his own which hes still trying to get off the ground, but he needs to get more money for advertising, which is the only overhead costs he has.

Damn, that sucks. But it's good to hear your Dad stuck with his sense of integrity and is doing something on his own. Very admirable, apollod.

ill just nominate myself an expoit in:
1) being an annoying loser who wont get laid until hes 40
2) c#, c++, php
and since no one else has claimed it.. 3) popular nordic death metal

old_skul said:
I have a couple of nominations.
Secondly, I'd like to nominate Cheater for:

He has a teenager in college, and young twins. That should be enough. Also:

Automotive: Toyota MR2
Automotive: BMW

I drive those! I should be the one that is the expert. Well, dad drove BMWs as well, so I nominate both of us for the BMW. But the MR2 is mine.

Also, I nominate myself for expert in Wicca. I've been studying for 3 years now, and have many resources at my disposal.

Yankee said:
Diox,

Can you please make it not so difficult to get to online tech/order support? You practically need a birthcertificate to ever connect to anyone, or it tells you dont exist as a customer, or it simply doesnt work at all for me.

:heart:

About all I have any control over is the order status goodie on support.dell.com and the chat tool that the reps use to do online tech support. I don't talk to the humans behind either of them.

Something I can recommend is to be signed into MyAccount before attempting to do any of the above as it might prepop all your order information to the folks on the other end. Otherwise, you have to go dig it out of email or they query some of our backend stuff to get the info.

If you guys have never looked at all the stuff we have available for you to review, go check it out at https://membership.dell.com/dellportal/signin.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

Replace the s=dhs with s=bsd if you do all your buying through small biz.

bounty you are a cock tease

expert on smallville? i own you at everything superman, i call a 10 question show down.

also, you still havn't put me up for futurama

I nominate myself for Jazz music theory. I've listened to numerous jazz albums, I have studied theory and improvisation with David Baker, and attended the Jamey Aebersold week long jazz workshop twice. Also my TW nick is mixolydian for those musicians out there who know what that is.

I'd also like to nominate myself an expert in playing Trombone. I have 7 years experience.

I'd also like to nominate myself as an expert in Chemical Engineering as I am currently studying it at Case Western Reserve University and it's not on the list yet.

mznthrope said:
Just in case this isn't rhetorical: it's an epenis++ thread. Nothing more. Nothing less. Have fun with it if you need to feel like you're an expert at something; ignore it if you don't.

Misanthropic statement of the day: those who are truly expert in a field don't need to proclaim that fact to others.

I would have to agree with this

Paladin-5 said:
by trade I'm an architect :)
I work mostly in construction administration

all of the architects i know mainly do administration, some do design work on the weekend or after hours. There are a few that strictly do design work, but they are miserable pompous pricks (and poor)

New category needs to be added to music genres: Either call it "Good Music" or "Independent"

And then put me, since I nominate myself and win.

I nominate myself for:

- Culinary Arts --> Restaurant Management
my family has owned a restaurant for 25 years. I know a lot about how it runs and costs involved. I also know a lot about food preparation (specifically italian), but that's not something I'd be interested in discussing or giving information about unless I'm in the kitchen with someone.

- Fantasy/Science Fiction --> Star Trek
I've seen every movie and every episode from every series multiple times.

- Legal --> General Law
I've worked at a law firm as a paralegal for over a year.

- Medical (or Science?) --> Neuroscience; Psychology
I majored in Cognitive Science at UC Berkeley. As such, I'm extremely familiar with both topics above and related topics - Philosophy of the Mind; AI (theoretically); and Linguistics

I'd also like to propose an expert section on US Cities. I'd say I'm an expert on Washington D.C., as I've lived here most of my life.

new_skul said:
I drive those! I should be the one that is the expert. Well, dad drove BMWs as well, so I nominate both of us for the BMW. But the MR2 is mine.

Also, I nominate myself for expert in Wicca. I've been studying for 3 years now, and have many resources at my disposal.
you just gave us more ammo you goth wiccan faggot :sunny:

Back