Telos

alright, but did he lose any money or some sort of investment in this? was his image harmed?

i mean - it was a contest that, unless i'm mistaken, cost him nothing to enter. there was shady shit on his side (i've heard nothing about the other contestants, aside from their "magical 1800 vote" climb at the end), and they figured it best not to include him in the final vote, and chose the next contestant.

guess i'm confused.

God Telos, you're such a pussy.

A real man would've thrown a big temper tantrum, done some good vandalism or basic criminal assault or at least committed a misdemeanor.

:rolleyes:

God you guys are such bitches, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and your attitudes hurt more than they help the situation.
You know, or get a lawyer, which is what anyone that isn't an idiot would have done.

did it cost you anything to enter or participate in the contest?

did what you wished for (win via tw) backfire, even if most votes were legitimate?

was there any explicit contract that stated a decision like this could not be made by whoever did?

i guess i'm left scratching my head as to why people think this is a valid lawsuit, and that's a genuine question i'm asking.
unilateral contracts are still legally binding

there. now wonder no more.

No
Yes and No. wouldn't have had the votes with out TW probably DQ'd do to actions by a few Tribalwarriors.
NO, the signed rules do say they can do what ever the hell they want in the end.

Its still pretty damn unethical on their part to do what they did.

This is why there is no real legit lawsuit. Could I pursue a deformation of character case? Possibly but not likely.

No
Yes and No. wouldn't have had the votes with out TW probably DQ'd do to actions by a few Tribalwarriors.
NO, the signed rules do say they can do what ever the hell they want in the end.

This is why there is no real legit lawsuit. Could I pursue a deformation of character case? Possibly but not likely.

so when you gonna open the gates if you cant legally do shit ?

Their pockets are deeper than his and his case is shaky to begin with. They have every right to kick us from the contest for illegitimate votes (which we clearly had) or basically any other reason they want. Imagine if we had been DQed immediately for the false votes - would you still be arguing for a legal battle? There's no difference. They have no obligation to the contestants to audit everyone the same way and frankly their language is vague enough that they could say the animosity towards the contest admins in the thread is enough to say we weren't acting in good faith. If it wasn't enough DURING the contest, certainly the bullshit that people pulled with threats and posting personal information would be plenty. Imagine what happens to your case if Feldmann shows that to a judge while you're trying to settle.

Sure, there's probably an ambulance chaser somewhere who would look at this and take the case for $250/hr, but I'm sorry, there's not a lot of legal standing here, and like I said, Feldmann's pockets are a lot deeper than his.

The best bet has always been to hope Feldmann would see how sketchy this whole situation with the contest administrators is and feel obligated to make it right. Failing that go to the media, where we have a better shot at the sympathetic vote that we could never get with a legal battle. Obviously they're not going to do it on their own (which we know now), but if you don't see that bringing a lawyer into it immediately would have shut that channel down instantly, you're fooling yourself.

A legal battle is the most expensive, most time consuming and least likely scenario to get him anywhere. It's also the one with the longest possible time-frame. We can start a legal battle any time within the statute of limitations for something like this, you can't go to the media or appeal to Feldmann in the same time-frame. For that reason alone you'd be dumb not to try the other two avenues first.

You're an idiot Pessimistick, just quit.

Last edited:
No

just wanted to make sure that i wasnt the only sane one here. frivolous lawsuits make me want to punch babies.

you sound like a level-headed person and i wish you well on this, but it sounds like the dealership made up their mind a while ago, with the help of their lawyers (which sucks).

perhaps offer a bargain where both you and the other couple compete in some sort of marketable contest. both couples race in some sort of nissan vehicle, and the winner gets the wedding. they win with a metric shit-ton of radio and tv advertisement and "wow, whats this?" responses from the public, and you are right back in the game with another chance to win the contest.

something like that would probably perk up their marketing managers' ears. baseless threats from some gaming website will go nowhere, and the lawyers will just drag this shit out for months, hoping for more money (read: fuck off, arm-chair lawyers).

also, the last thing i want for my first marriage is a memory of going to a courtroom to decide how a contest will pan out.

Thanks Telos for updating your story of self interest, greed and its resultant attempt at hero worship. That is why you got us involved in the first place, so you could win and think you are better than us - "A winner amongst the losers."

What a back fucking stab it is to hear that our help isn't appreciated.
next time, keep your faggotty contests to yourself.

I never visited the thread since I figured it was a boring one
and why the fuk should I help you? But it turns out my staying
away did help you, and I think I should get your "Thank you" for that.

Where's my "Thank you arsin"?

ungrateful biatch.

Uh where did I say I was ungrateful for the support TW gave me?

I'm not happy that it seems like the actions of a few may have had negative effects on the outcome of the contest but we wouldn't have stood a chance with out TW.

EDIT: I even paid the extra $100 to TW with out the win as a token of my appreciation.

I wasn't serious at all, just wanted to see if you would pass the pansy test. Congratulations :)

Me and my gf both voted for you. Best of luck to you in this situation, I hope you get your wedding as you are the rightful winner.

I'm not quite sure how peoples random posting on a message board can be construed as telos not acting in good faith.

He can't control anyone here.

be proactive and send a letter off to the local tv stations. itll take you 15-30mins tops. you already have all the information collected.

you appear to not want to deal with the situation at all and thats fine if you dont. But if you do want to deal with it then i find it absolutely ludicrous that you arent being more proactive.

the second a news crew finds its TW, the story is filed in the circular cabinet.

It appears that way doesn't it. :shrug: it was still the best FIRST path to take IMO and I'm not upset I took it. I knew there was a chance they were just stalling but what ever them stalling doesn't solve anything for them.

Gave them the time they needed to scrub together a reason, or get rid of evidence as to why the screwed you.

The more time you wait to involve a lawyer just relates to more time they get to involve theirs in a way out.

Back