Post your rigs, TW!!

I love teles! Hows that tele sound thru the Roland? I love the natural sound of a Roland amp but never have been a huge fan when any distortion is coming out. They have a super super clean sound that I haven't heard since the old England KMD amplifiers used to produce.

It was the first and only tube amp Roland made. I think its similar to a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe in terms of specs and sound.

My friend has the bolt 60 now. I usually just play through a Roland Cube 30. Tele is my fav guitar. I used to play a strat and a SG but I prefer the tele in pretty much every way. Would be nice if the guard matched the binding but I don't care enough to change it.

Last edited:
*BUMP*

Guitars:
Ibanez 7-String (Non-RG Body style): Don't use it much, just in case i want that low-end without tuning down etc.
Schecter S-1 Elite: Guitar i use for tuning down, from E-to-E/Drop D to D-to-D/Drop C.
Schecter Synyster Custom: Awesome tone :)
Jackson Flying V (Randy Rhoads replica): Always been a big RR fan, never could afford his actual signature series though :\
Old Ibanez RG-470 (i think): My first Electric, kept out of sentimental value over anything.
Yamaha something: (got it from a friend for free, it's just gathering dust. took the pickups (2 humbuckers) and put them into the RG470 to get rid of the annoying high pitch squeal when distortion is activated and i'm not playing).
Fender 12-String Acoustic: Just always liked the sound of 12-strings.
Takamine Classical: Always liked the classical sound as well.

Amps:
Crate Head (which i don't use anymore): Shit amp distortion, but @ the time, all i could afford
Crate Cab
Crate Combo: 115W, plenty of volume for small places etc.
B-52 AT-100: Nasty and cheap for a Tube Head. Tri-Mode Rectifier, has a nob to switch from SS, SS/Tube, Tube. :)

Effects:
Boss GT-8 (plugged in through the effects loop of the B-52)
Cry Baby Wah (used due to the wah in the GT8 sounding like ass in the effects loop, sounds fine if i use it straight into the input of the amp, but i like the amp distortion too much) :)
Rocktron Talkbox: Wah wah wah wah wah :p

Recording:
Used to use Guitar Tracks Pro, but Vista doesn't like that.
Reason/FL Studio/Sequel as far as software.
I use my SB X-Fi platinum, with the I/O 3.5" bay. Has a 1/4" plug right in the front. comes in Stereo (5.1 due to my speak setup). sounds pretty good. It's no protools/studio quality, but it's good enough for me *shrugs*

Amp - Orange Crush 30R
Guitar - MIM Strat
Effects - Crybaby Wah, Redwitch Fuzz God, MXR dyna comp

Currently looking to buy a delay pedal.

From another thread but I guess it belongs here. :p

In no particular order (i'm lazy).

I want to get a pair of boogie 2x12's eventually and get rid of both my crate 4x12's. I have some other stuff as well like a kawai gb-4, some
roland drum machine ( forget which and dont feel like diggin it out), morley? steve vai wah pedal, crate gfx 2x12 amp for practicing, and some other
assorted boss pedals. I have an alvarez acoustic that i loan to my bro as well as an old peavey electric from my high school days i let him use.

From another thread but I guess it belongs here. :p

In no particular order (i'm lazy).

I want to get a pair of boogie 2x12's eventually and get rid of both my crate 4x12's. I have some other stuff as well like a kawai gb-4, some
roland drum machine ( forget which and dont feel like diggin it out), morley? steve vai wah pedal, crate gfx 2x12 amp for practicing, and some other
assorted boss pedals. I have an alvarez acoustic that i loan to my bro as well as an old peavey electric from my high school days i let him use.

what roland drum machine, i will purchase

Amp - Orange Crush 30R
Guitar - MIM Strat
Effects - Crybaby Wah, Redwitch Fuzz God, MXR dyna comp

Currently looking to buy a delay pedal.

Whoa, my rig has changed quite a bit.

I now have
amp - Orange Rocker 30 running through an Avatar 2x12 with greenbacks
guitar - still same MIM Strat and I added an an old Kay solidbody
Effects - all same + VOX wah, a boutique digital delay and most recently bought a WEM copicat tape delay

I own a 72 strat, a 69 es345td, a 92 epi lp std, a 93 lp std, a 2007 turser jt50 C and an 2007 SG special.

For boxes I have a cry baby and an Alesis.
sg.jpg

MR-16HD/CW

Marshall MG 100
Marshall MG 10
Dean Markley 10
Fender Pro Junior
Pig Nose

DE Chorus
DE Phase
DE OD
DE Compressor
DE Fab Tone Distortion
MXR Distortion +
Vox Wah
LPB-1
Blues Breaker 2
Satcherator
Sold the Turser and bought a Squire.

strat4.jpg

stm2.jpg

Had Andy Brauer install a pair of Sheptone AB Tribues and JP wiring.

Last edited:
People have too much shit. I plug a ovation viper thru an old yamaha amp, no effects.Sometimes I'll run it thru an old boss fuzz stompbox but I dont got any batteries right now.

I used to have a quadraverb but I wore it out.

I did have a nice strat but I sold it.

IMO tone is all in the way you play the guitar but I'm sure I like a guitar to sound totally different from what 90 percent on here like it to sound.

Last edited:
guitars.jpg

Fender strat, LTD MG something. Dont remember. Got it instead of a cymbal I ordered off musicians friend so I kept it and told them I never got anything. Nice 2nd guitar with a floyd rose and decent tone. Marshal MG100dfx. Nothing fancy, just something to tinker with.

People have too much shit. I plug a ovation viper thru an old yamaha amp, no effects.Sometimes I'll run it thru an old boss fuzz stompbox but I dont got any batteries right now.

I used to have a quadraverb but I wore it out.

I did have a nice strat but I sold it.

IMO tone is all in the way you play the guitar but I'm sure I like a guitar to sound totally different from what 90 percent on here like it to sound.

Who's right? you?, me?, blazindave?, Animism?... or is there no right and wrong?

See I could bitch and say "I care about my sound and would never ruin it by plugging into a boss anything pedal." However effects are used to color a sound not replace it and hopefully you barely use it.

Many musicians such as myself become collectors because you learn you let things go they increase in worth or come back around in popularity and you are so upset you let it go.

if I do a Metal gig.. I have my mesa and schecter, if I do a rock/blues gig I have an Orange AD30 and 1960 les paul, if I do a country gig I have my 6v6 hand wired project amp that screams country cleans thru a 10" blue and my Tele. :shrug:

Now I am able to better express myself with the instruments... not that I couldn't before but now its not only more authentic, but also more enjoyable for me. I love to entertain but I play for my own enjoyment. I will also brainstorm and think about certain tube/speaker combinations etc... It inspires me

Country
Orange Blues/Rock
Mesa Rock
Tele ChickN

Last edited:
Who's right? you?, me?, blazindave?, Animism?... or is there no right and wrong?

See I could bitch and say "I care about my sound and would never ruin it by plugging into a boss anything pedal." However effects are used to color a sound not replace it and hopefully you barely use it.

Many musicians such as myself become collectors because you learn you let things go they increase in worth or come back around in popularity and you are so upset you let it go.

if I do a Metal gig.. I have my mesa and schecter, if I do a rock/blues gig I have an Orange AD30 and 1960 les paul, if I do a country gig I have my 6v6 hand wired project amp that screams country cleans thru a 10" blue and my Tele. :shrug:

Now I am able to better express myself with the instruments... not that I couldn't before but now its not only more authentic, but also more enjoyable for me. I love to entertain but I play for my own enjoyment. I will also brainstorm and think about certain tube/speaker combinations etc... It inspires me

Country
Orange Blues/Rock
Mesa Rock
Tele ChickN

Thats why I said it was my opinion. People can do whatever they want.

Heres how I look at it, I have seen guys with a practice amp and a $200 guitar making their shit sound better than the guy with his ten grand worth of equipment because they were into playing guitar more than they were chasing equipment around.

Do I think people shouldnt buy guitars and equipment? No, if thats what they enjoy then go for it. But thats just the way I always looked at it. I never enjoyed having racks of guitar equipment around the house. If I wasnt playing I sold them.

Last edited:
Thats why I said it was my opinion. People can do whatever they want.

Heres how I look at it, I have seen guys with a practice amp and a $200 guitar making their shit sound better than the guy with his ten grand worth of equipment because they were into playing guitar more than they were chasing equipment around.

Do I think people shouldnt buy guitars and equipment? No, if thats what they enjoy then go for it. But thats just the way I always looked at it. I never enjoyed having racks of guitar equipment around the house. If I wasnt playing I sold them.

In most the cases that I have seen though, that "1 guy with the 1 guitar"... his guitar is worth more than an entire guitar center location hahaha. I guess I just romanticize both, and like I said most of us just end up with all this equipment. Every piece I have sold I ended up having an application for later. So I stopped selling pieces. Thats been my experience.

I can respect the not getting into too much equipment. I took pride in the fact I played an Aria Pro II and played KMD amps all through high school. Technique matters 100% to me and the guys that just strummed bad versions of power chords into fender/marshalls annoyed the shit out of me. For me though, you do run into a wall where the sound you hear isn't always technique based and you begin exploring the other side.

Back