Page 2 of 2
Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 07-08-2018, 22:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
Since gun crime is down overall to all time lows and there are only certain cities which have an issue - let's start there first. Chicago needs fixing. So - instead of letting the scope creep - I am all for shutting **** down there. Keep guns in the hands of law abiding citizens and let's put down the death penalty for gun crime for a bit. Bring in some additional cops and let's go after the criminals. So - I think we can agree on that, right?
Of course not, because the entire system is "racist" against violent, err I mean, economically-challenged black (and hispanic) men!!1 Or something.

---

They would get slaughtered.

Sponsored Links
coombz
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 07-08-2018, 22:34
Quote:
Very true - and also it helps keep the government in check. People can make fun of it all you want but the fact that we have so many guns in the hands of civilians helps protect us from certain forms of government shenanigans.
lolque

your government lies to you, spies on you, and ****s you harder than just about any first other world country (fact check if you don't believe me)

how bad would the shenanigans have to be before you actually do anything about it?

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
23 - 07-08-2018, 22:36
Pretty bad - we are a patient lot.

But - watch what happens when weird **** happens. Like the floods in NO etc. Gets lawless pretty quick. We aren't that far from the wild wild west. Not like this place was ever "refined".

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 07-08-2018, 22:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy Pop View Post
How will the anti gun nuts spin this?
No one in will be talking about this tomorrow.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
25 - 07-08-2018, 22:58
Where is "women hero" crew who keeps trying to push fake ass women heroes in the games and movies? I don't get it. Here is a real live woman hero. Performed as good or better than most men in a deadly situation.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 07-08-2018, 23:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
no one (with a brain) would deny that this is a good thing, or that guns for self defense can be extremely useful/life saving

the whole thing is that it's a trade off - you get these incidents, and many other occasions where it's a happy ending and people are protected because of their right to bear arms...and you also get Chicago, and Baltimore, and school shootings, and trigger happy cops, and everything else...

for some people that trade off is worth it, for some it isn't

I'm not an anti gun 'nut', but for me I don't think it'd be worth it. I have too little trust and faith in other people to think firearms should be widely available

but luckily its not my problem
Can you see the irony, though? You don't trust other people, and maybe you're right to be wary, there are a lot of psychos out there like Jason Kotz, but somehow that doesn't make YOU want to arm up and defend yourself.

So whose responsibility is it, then, to defend you against the gang violence and school shooters and crazy nutters you're so afraid of? The cops?

If you're not comfortable owning, handling, and training with firearms that's fine. Only the willing and able should take on that responsibility. But don't deny it to the rest of us because of your subjective hang-ups.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 07-08-2018, 23:22
Of course I see it it's a tradeoff, like I said...I get to have a gun, but so do tehvul and Tyrone, and god knows who else it's definitely not a black and white easy answer

if I lived in the states I'd absolutely want to own firearms partly because cool toys, but mostly because like you say...violent criminals and crazy ****

but since neither country I've lived in went for the same tradeoff as you guys, I'm looking at it from a different perspective. All I can say is I've always felt safe and never been like 'if only I'd had a gun...' ...which makes the tradeoff seem pretty attractive, given the situation you guys are dealing with over there

Last edited by coombz; 07-08-2018 at 23:25..
Smiling Canadian
VeteranX
Old
28 - 07-08-2018, 23:25
I like the fact many are afraid of firearms or not smart enough to defend themselves in some way. I keep a mental note of those people so I know where to find easy pickins when **** goes sideways...

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 07-08-2018, 23:33
Quote:
Of course I see it it's a tradeoff, like I said...I get to have a gun, but so do tehvul and Tyrone, and god knows who else it's definitely not a black and white easy answer

if I lived in the states I'd absolutely want to own firearms partly because cool toys, but mostly because like you say...violent criminals and crazy ****

but since neither country I've lived in went for the same trade off as you guys, I'm looking at it from a different perspective. All I can say is I've always felt safe and never been like 'if only I'd had a gun...' ...which makes the tradeoff seem pretty attractive, given the situation over there
So let me ask you this.

How difficult do you think it is to "acquire" a handgun in New Zealand?

If you know a drug dealer you probably also know someone with access to firearms, for the right price. I'm not encouraging you to go buy a blackmarket handgun. I'm just telling you that if somebody wants to do you harm, all the laws and culture and "good vibes" in the world will not stop them. But they've already stopped YOU from defending yourself.

I'm glad that you feel safe and I'm sure you'll stay that way. Just keep it real.

Also, "the situation" over here is great, thanks. We have pockets of violence created by decades of failed ****lib policies, but our country is ****ing YUUUUUGE. Outside those libscum scantuary ****holes, things are just dandy. Brasstax already pointed out how gun crime (and violent crime in general) is down and school shootings are literally an anomaly. But your concern is greatly appreciated.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 07-08-2018, 23:33
It looks like this

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 07-08-2018, 23:35
Quote:
lolque

your government lies to you, spies on you, and ****s you harder than just about any first other world country (fact check if you don't believe me)

how bad would the shenanigans have to be before you actually do anything about it?
Food stamps and 30% unemployment would likely do it.

Nobody gives a **** while times are good.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 07-08-2018, 23:37
Quote:

but since neither country I've lived in went for the same tradeoff as you guys, I'm looking at it from a different perspective. All I can say is I've always felt safe and never been like 'if only I'd had a gun...' ...which makes the tradeoff seem pretty attractive, given the situation you guys are dealing with over there
We don't exactly have a "situation". It is being spun.

There are two things we aren't working on:

1) Prosecuting criminals correctly
2) Analyzing the impact of mood altering medications on mass shooters and making sure they don't have access to firearms or are educated about the dangers and asked to limit their access themselves

Those are the thing we should be doing

Also - suing the **** out of new agencies who are disrupting the peace

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 07-08-2018, 23:38
Quote:
Also - suing the **** out of new agencies who are disrupting the peace
Making propaganda illegal again would be a great start.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
34 - 07-08-2018, 23:40
OK - it was a gut reaction. I believe in freedom of speech and the press but at a certain point when things are purposefully misreported and it has a negative impact on society by disrupting the peace - is it still press or is it weaponized press? So - I guess that's what propaganda is by defintion We just have to be careful.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 07-08-2018, 23:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
So let me ask you this.

How difficult do you think it is to "acquire" a handgun in New Zealand?

If you know a drug dealer you probably also know someone with access to firearms, for the right price. I'm not encouraging you to go buy a blackmarket handgun. I'm just telling you that if somebody wants to do you harm, all the laws and culture and "good vibes" in the world will not stop them. But they've already stopped YOU from defending yourself.

I'm glad that you feel safe and I'm sure you'll stay that way. Just keep it real.
you can legally own a gun here, so it wouldn't be too hard if I wanted to target shoot, or to have a shotgun on a farm etc

however, if I wanted to 'acquire' one, that would involve talking to people involved with gangs and ****...there is quite a decent amount of gun and gang crime here...anyway, I do know enough shady people to TRY, but I doubt I could actually get one because I'm too white and too British

so yes, I have been stopped from defending myself with a gun if someone really wants to do me harm. But my life has been like that for nearly 35 years, and I haven't come to much harm yet...

no one wants to do me harm because I'm not involved in gang ****, and I'm confident enough in myself to not live in fear of all the myriad 'what ifs' life can throw

plus this is one of the safest cities in the world You know what I'm scared of? Car accidents. People here drive like Vanster posts...

Last edited by coombz; 07-08-2018 at 23:45..
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
36 - 07-09-2018, 15:45
they must have run out of bullets in chicago

way better than the 15 killed last 4th of July

4 Killed, 24 Wounded In Weekend Shootings Across Chicago

well that or they stopped counting the bodies

Number of people shot in Chicago this year surpasses 1,400

equal chance here

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
37 - 07-09-2018, 15:46
Quote:
you can legally own a gun here, so it wouldn't be too hard if I wanted to target shoot, or to have a shotgun on a farm etc

however, if I wanted to 'acquire' one, that would involve talking to people involved with gangs and ****...there is quite a decent amount of gun and gang crime here...anyway, I do know enough shady people to TRY, but I doubt I could actually get one because I'm too white and too British

so yes, I have been stopped from defending myself with a gun if someone really wants to do me harm. But my life has been like that for nearly 35 years, and I haven't come to much harm yet...

no one wants to do me harm because I'm not involved in gang ****, and I'm confident enough in myself to not live in fear of all the myriad 'what ifs' life can throw

plus this is one of the safest cities in the world You know what I'm scared of? Car accidents. People here drive like Vanster posts...
better pray it stays that way

because that will be all you have left if you are wrong on the past always being the future

Aussie land isn't doing so well anymore

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
38 - 07-09-2018, 16:40
you don't have to really care about guns

for people with the guns to care about you

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [CCW/2nd] I am a Packers fan

Social Website Bullshit