Reward for most underwhelming expansion goes to... by Ickz - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Reward for most underwhelming expansion goes to...
Page 1 of 2
Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 11-08-2013, 20:14
But I'll still buy it

award*

Sponsored Links
Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 11-09-2013, 01:42
Going Nostalgia-Mode a bit by bringing in some of the Warcraft legends before WC3. Shame nearly all the players who were WC fans stopped playing 1 - 2 expansions ago.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 11-11-2013, 15:35
another ****in expac??? looolll

looks like its made by some skeleton crew of engineer interns

RunningWolf
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 11-11-2013, 17:10
I don't see any MMORPG that has as much polish as WoW does. So.. The expansion seems to be underwhelming from a content standpoint. However as far as the story/lore, I'm quite giddy. I feel like WoD is the next step up from the War of the Ancients raid. I guess time will tell.

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 11-14-2013, 14:17
was funny seeing metzen try to hype the crowd up with not much luck

at least i didnt hear much from the crowd compared to hearthstone and other announcements

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 11-14-2013, 22:00
hearthstone fun game. i make murloc deck... go BRlrlRLALRALRLRr

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 11-17-2013, 15:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
another ****in expac??? looolll

looks like its made by some skeleton crew of engineer interns
According to Blizz, they intend to make several more. And they did admit the design team was pretty minimal during MoP as reason for so few dungeons that time around.

And now really isn't time for Blizzard to slouch, 2014 will mark the release of new MMOs which (unlike the previous generations) have a lot of polish and some significant game-play changes. Wildstar not only shares a similar art style, but is sci-fi, more action-oriented gameplay, and some real polish. That Everquest Next could pose a threat as well, as does Elder Scrolls Online. While all three COULD flop like other titles in the past, what we know of them suggests they have a much better shot at succeeding. So they can't afford to sit around now.

Let's be honest though. Diablo was pretty much a flop all round, SC2 (while solid) doesn't offer the straight up revenue WoW does. And with Hearthstone being free to play and Heroes of the Storm directly competing against MOBAs like LoL and DotA2, WoW pretty much is their ONLY cash-cow.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 11-17-2013, 22:14
- HS will make far more $ than you think
- elder scrolls is trash
- wildstar is a stupid name a girl gives her pet pony
- EQN has a good chance... more than wildstar. but so far all they advertised is tech and gimmicky ****
- star citizen probably has better chance than all 3... funny u dont mention that one
- d3 still made a ton of $ and wasnt a flop. it just wasnt a great game and relatively hurt blizz's rep

wow has a low fanbase and has no hope of growing as such theyll continue giving it **** treatment while they work on other projects. they really dont give a **** if it fails now... otherwise they wouldnt assign it small teams.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 11-18-2013, 03:35
1. Maybe, but you can't prove that to stockholders as well as a subscription-based game. They "may" spend money is not they "will" spend money
2. and 3. Your opinion isn't a concise demographic.
4. One reason Wildstar stands to hurt WoW is it LOOKS and FEELS like WoW. All the other companies tried to be like that but with their own spin on it. Most if not all have failed.
5. I'm skeptical given the releases and development of Star Citizen it will be at full release before 2015. If not, it'll be Q4 of 2014 (most likely after the others have already released and had a few months in the market).
6. Diablo 3 was pretty **** for what it was and what it wasn't. It was buggy on release, they never fully fixed anything, pretty sure the promised PvP on release (if it's even out now) is probably still in the works. And the SP was ridiculously short, with a clear "WoW-like" intent to have you grind for better items and "more challenge". Despite it was the same four acts with simply changed loot and monsters stats.

Even though WoW is down to 7 million subs, that STILL makes it the most popular MMORPG to date. I'm not defending it or Blizzard, I'm pretty focal Activision done ****ed it all up.

But what I DO know is, as a company, they need solid and reliable revenue. Their release schedule can't compete with other Triple-A companies, as is their IPs. They have floated on WoW and their name for years, and they KNOW WoW is still their principal cash-cow.

And to be fair, most of us know the majority of the WoW devs were originally moved to that Titan project. But we all know it was scrapped what? 4 - 5 years? And they planned to start over with a "2014 release? They scrapped years of work, and then they intend to get it to full release inside of 18 months? Chances are whatever that is, it may flop as badly as Diablo 3 is.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 11-20-2013, 02:16
1. i know it will be a success based on a long list of reasons. if youre actually debating this you dont understand f2p
2. not opinion. fact. they have 0 experience with mmos. this sort of game introduces nothing new to the mmo genre. theyre incompetent engineers who release broken ****in games... if they cant do single player right, an mmo will be hilarious
3. ill wildstar this one in the same bucket as gw2. great effort but not enough
4. so how is wildstar diff from the other clones again?
5. star citizen has hope since its basically eve2 which was a huge success. its not a clone like the wow wannabes either since it makes huge improvements not just dupes.
6. thats your opinion... the numbers show d3 as a success. i thought it sucked too but im not deluded enough to use that to suggest it was a $ failure.

Twitch xfire and other sites show HS has more focus than wow... for a closed beta. i see the new d3 expac up there too.

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 11-22-2013, 17:29
d3 wasn't all terrible. the combat is great. the rest is pretty ****.

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
12 - 10-14-2014, 15:29
Quote:
- HS will make far more $ than you think
- elder scrolls is trash
- wildstar is a stupid name a girl gives her pet pony
- EQN has a good chance... more than wildstar. but so far all they advertised is tech and gimmicky ****
- star citizen probably has better chance than all 3... funny u dont mention that one
- d3 still made a ton of $ and wasnt a flop. it just wasnt a great game and relatively hurt blizz's rep

wow has a low fanbase and has no hope of growing as such theyll continue giving it **** treatment while they work on other projects. they really dont give a **** if it fails now... otherwise they wouldnt assign it small teams.
Wow has a low fanbase? you smoking crack bro? lol there are still 6.8M active subs and that number will inflate drastically after todays patch.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 10-28-2014, 02:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon View Post
Wow has a low fanbase? you smoking crack bro? lol there are still 6.8M active subs and that number will inflate drastically after todays patch.
It has been climbing for the past two weeks. Ever since 6.0.2 hit servers and hitting the "instance cap" for a solid week. Remember THAT issue back in Wrath?

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 10-29-2014, 20:24
of course it goes up a little every time theres an expac but everyone just spergrushs that content gets bored and quits again. still half the pop of the glory days

what i didnt count on is for the game industry to be so fukin incompetent that it cant top a 10 year old game.

outlaw
VeteranX
Old
15 - 11-19-2014, 03:11
is anyone actually playing? not gonna lie, i'm enjoying wow a lot more than i have since bc with this xpac

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
16 - 11-19-2014, 23:30
Quote:
of course it goes up a little every time theres an expac but everyone just spergrushs that content gets bored and quits again. still half the pop of the glory days

what i didnt count on is for the game industry to be so fukin incompetent that it cant top a 10 year old game.
It went up just a tad

MMO-Champion - WoW Up to 10 Million Subscribers

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 11-20-2014, 07:19
I wouldn't mind trying the new game, but since when the xpacks cost $50?!? That plus paying for the 1-2 months it would hold my attention doesn't seem worth it.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 11-28-2014, 18:27
i suppose after cancelling titan they realized they cant improve upon wow and rededicated all their resources to makin the cash cow happy again

Dragon Star
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 02-25-2015, 01:41
new heirloom system p cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SugtESal8W4

Last edited by Dragon Star; 02-25-2015 at 01:47..
7ithium
Veteran++
Old
20 - 03-30-2015, 03:14
happy, what comes next

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Reward for most underwhelming expansion goes to...

Social Website Bullshit