roads? where we're going, we don't need roads

Sponsored Links
cogzinofa
VeteranXV
Old
122 - 10-28-2013, 22:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
we wouldn't need roads if we had flying cars.
if you have flying cars you don't have any place to put the solar panels.

Putrid
VeteranX
Old
123 - 10-28-2013, 22:22
ceramic 'glass' roads and hover craft...

let's get this human air hockey game going.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
124 - 10-28-2013, 22:33
Hells yes.....and roads made of liquid nitrogen cooled superconductors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VGACLNfZ8s

That way I can drive my car, keep my beer cold, and fight global warming at the exact same time.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
125 - 10-29-2013, 09:19
flying cars will never work
people is toooo stupid
at least with a solar road, our electric cars that drive themselves can just do whatever they want, forever

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
126 - 10-29-2013, 10:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
flying cars will never work
people is toooo stupid
at least with a solar road, our electric cars that drive themselves can just do whatever they want, forever
Meh. License them like pilots AND drivers. Double whammy. Should filter out the dumbtards.

cogzinofa
VeteranXV
Old
127 - 10-29-2013, 11:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
Meh. License them like pilots AND drivers. Double whammy. Should filter out the dumbtards.
we can't manage to keep people with multiple DUIs and old people off the road and you think we'd be able to tighten up licensing standards?

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
128 - 10-29-2013, 13:04
I think I read about this a while ago. Why exactly does this have to be a road? Doesn't the need for it to so durable to hold up to cars skyrocket the cost, why not just do a bunch of solar panels in places that actually make sense? Hell you could probably build them over the top of roads (like a tunnel)way easier, or along the sides of roads even way way easier.

The reality of it is ridiculous...oil, dirt, snow/ice buildup that would reduce the effectiveness or completely block light.

I'm sure they've thought of these things and still are moving forward, but it just seems like going through way more trouble than is necessary just because sleek power generating roads seems like a cool idea

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
129 - 10-29-2013, 13:18
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 128
User Name Posts
Goshin 31
Data 8
Mitchdubai 5

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
130 - 10-29-2013, 13:33
Maybe Obama can get some of his friends on the board, shovel taxpayer money at it, and bankrupt the company like all the other green tech companys...

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
131 - 10-29-2013, 13:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
we can't manage to keep people with multiple DUIs and old people off the road and you think we'd be able to tighten up licensing standards?
There will always be outliers.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
132 - 10-29-2013, 14:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
I think I read about this a while ago. Why exactly does this have to be a road? Doesn't the need for it to so durable to hold up to cars skyrocket the cost, why not just do a bunch of solar panels in places that actually make sense? Hell you could probably build them over the top of roads (like a tunnel)way easier, or along the sides of roads even way way easier.

The reality of it is ridiculous...oil, dirt, snow/ice buildup that would reduce the effectiveness or completely block light.

I'm sure they've thought of these things and still are moving forward, but it just seems like going through way more trouble than is necessary just because sleek power generating roads seems like a cool idea
we dont want to continue to cover up land with **** just because we can
it ****s up rain collection for vast aquifers which millions of people rely on for fresh water a year
we're already covering up this area, why not make it with solar panels. Asphalt is expensive too, and only rising in price. On top of roads , tornadoes and high winds destroy them, need to be pretty resistant anyway/durable for hail and other debris anywhere they may go, and dirt and ice/snow have been debated and solved. Oil probably needs street cleaners, which could replace snow plows.
and beside being just a road, it also upgrades are 40 year old, ****ty power grid (iirc it loses 10% of all energy produced in america by inefficiency), and lays down to every home and business a data cable line for ****ing like i dunno super fios data speeds **** man
**** man

**** man

oh ya no more power outages from hurricanes and ****
and someone i think said most power lines are buried anyway

drive much?

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
133 - 10-29-2013, 14:59
Plas

arsin
Veteran++
Old
134 - 10-30-2013, 02:36
"Solar roads is a good idear." lmfao

And yet, many would say Goshin is sane, that he does not require psychotropics.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
135 - 10-30-2013, 09:34
sounds like a fun vacation
hey kids lets go to the psychotropics!

EyeZ
VeteranX
Old
136 - 10-30-2013, 10:56
did someone say jetpacks

Spoiler

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
137 - 10-30-2013, 10:59
that's no jetpack

it's a space station

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
138 - 10-30-2013, 11:00
its a moon!

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
139 - 11-20-2013, 18:07
Quote:
The exciting developments follow a productive year in tweaking the Solar Roadways prototype. The model has since been altered from a square 12-by-12-foot panel to a hexagon shape, making the design more feasible for mass production. Meanwhile, university testing for load bearing and impact resistance passed with flying colors, while friction tests indicate the textured glass can stop a truck going 80 mph on slick surfaces within an acceptable distance.
***8220;I kept changing up the texture, and they told us, ***8220;You have to back off ***8212; you broke our machine!***8221; Brusaw said.
Solar Roadways has so far been funded through a grant from the Federal Highway Administration. With the grant set to expire next year, Brusaw says he***8217;ll be seeking out investors and is also considering a Kickstarter campaign. In the meantime, he***8217;s focusing on installing the prototype parking lot, which is nearing completion. He plans to unveil it for media and news outlets this spring.
The Solar Roadways panel looks deceptively simple, but the engineering is actually quite precise and intricate. The heart of the design is an electronics layer which features embedded solar collector cells, an LED light board for painting traffic lines or messages on the road, a heating element for melting snow and ice and microprocessors to handle commands from a traffic controller. A base plate layer houses all the required wiring and is suitable for networking Internet, cable and phone services. Finally, the top layer is designed to withstand the rigor and wear required from any major highway. For that purpose, Brusaw selected a high-strength textured glass that supplies the necessary friction for vehicle traffic while still allowing sunlight through to the solar cells.
http://www.bonnercountydailybee.com/...tml?mode=story

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
140 - 11-20-2013, 18:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
flying cars could work if it was all autopilot
dont let stupid humans near the controls

Page 7 of 18

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fixing the roads, changing America

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert , ass mode , goshin , very ugly goshin