[Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions

Sure, if those numbers were in a vacuum I might assume it was a Hall of Fame contender, but that isn't the case. Do you think it's a coincidence that Detroit struggled defensively this season and Osgood's statistics were horrible? 3.09 GAA and a .887 save %.

Osgood is a good goaltender, but he's not a great one.

Even Lindstrom has said many times that they hung ozzie and conklin out to dry this year and they weren't sharp at all defensively in the regular season. Any goalie on a team whose defense is playing soppy is going to put up terrible numbers. Also, a lot of them said they didn't care about the last two+ months of the season, they just wanted it be play off time. Who cares if he faces only 25 shots a game if he stops them. Mason is seeing a lot more shots, yet he isn't stopping all the shots he faces unlike osgood.

Ozzie's playoff numbers are pretty damn good...

GOALIE W-L GAA SO
Patrick Roy 151-94 2.30 23
Martin Brodeur* 96-74 1.96 22
Curtis Joseph* 63-66 2.42 16
Chris Osgood* 61-41 2.08 14
Dominik Hasek 65-49 2.02 14
Jacques Plante 71-36 2.14 14
Ed Belfour 88-68 2.17 14

Even Lindstrom has said many times that they hung ozzie and conklin out to dry this year and they weren't sharp at all defensively in the regular season.
what did you expect his to say? "man our goalies are trash this year"

that would have worked out great.

GOALIE W-L GAA SO
Ed Belfour 88-68 2.17 14
i fail to see how any of this means anything considering the FUCKING TEAM HE PLAYS ON and the fact that HE NEVER HAD TO CARRY A TEAM OR BE DEPENDED ON

Even Lindstrom has said many times that they hung ozzie and conklin out to dry this year and they weren't sharp at all defensively in the regular season. Any goalie on a team whose defense is playing soppy is going to put up terrible numbers. Also, a lot of them said they didn't care about the last two+ months of the season, they just wanted it be play off time. Who cares if he faces only 25 shots a game if he stops them. Mason is seeing a lot more shots, yet he isn't stopping all the shots he faces unlike osgood.

GOALIE W-L GAA SO
Ed Belfour 88-68 2.17 14

Exactly. Even though they hung them out to dry, they also won 51 games.

uhhh name me the last stanley cup winning NHL team that was "carried" by it's goalie.

I'm pretty sure that in Hockey you need to like... score goals and shit to win.

In other words... I know there are better goalies than ozzie, and certainly teams that need better goaltending to win, but everyone keeps making it seem like ozzie does NOTHING at all, when obviously by his numbers he is among the best of goalies in the playoffs. Whether or not his team is "carrying" him doesn't mean that he faces less and/or more difficult shots in any given playoffs, trying to argue that is retarded, just look at the stats it's what they're there for.

We could sit here and argue all day about oh well blah blah he's got a better team soooo he doesn't have to work as hard. Yeah that's a really solid argument you have there. :shrug:

uhhh name me the last stanley cup winning NHL team that was "carried" by it's goalie.
the carolina hurricanes.

well that was easy considering you added the "stanely cup winning" variable to the equation eliminating the countless goalies that carried their teams through playoff series and didn't win.
I'm pretty sure that in Hockey you need to like... score goals and shit to win.
no one said otherwise, unless you think no goalie cannot carry any team...

goalies can win playoff games and win series by being the deciding factor and stealing games. osgood was never required to do any of this. how are we even having this discussion? this is ridiculous. does every wings fan get a sandy vag the second someone points out that osgood isn't a great goalie?

he's good, not great. he played on teams that carried him, not the other way around. get over it. it's not a big deal.

but everyone keeps making it seem like ozzie does NOTHING at all, when obviously by his numbers he is among the best of goalies in the playoffs.
no one claims he "does nothing at all" and if you think those numbers mean anything, then you're completely mad.

if fucking cam ward played a gazillion playoff games with the damn red wings his numbers would be much better. get it yet?

uhmm if you actually read what I said I agree'd a long time ago. I never thought Osgood was a great goalie, what I'm arguing is that how can YOU argue over how good a goalie is by saying how good his team was? If you were to show someone those stats who knows nothing about hockey and told them what each stat meant they would probably say that Osgood is a 'great' goalie.

You're arguing over shit that's completely subjective yet trying to make a solid point, like "Osgood was never required to be a deciding factor" oh really? Well can you actually give some credible evidence that shows that? Probably not. Are there any little tidbits on the net showing real actual stats that Ozzie doesn't need to 'work as hard' on a team like the Red Wings?

What I can show you is facts, stats and rings. Period.

Again... before your insecurities come rising from your bowels again, you're not wrong, you're just arguing something that clearly has no solid answer.

No hard feelings or anything :shrug:

no one claims he "does nothing at all" and if you think those numbers mean anything, then you're completely mad.

if fucking cam ward played a gazillion playoff games with the damn red wings his numbers would be much better. get it yet?

Again, your argument is based off of something you just 'think would happen IF' and you're not WRONG, you just can't prove anything :sunny:

Why is it that NBC or VS do not show the national anthem? I know FOx Sports Detroit does, as well as CBC....

Back