Voice binds you'd like to see in tribes 3?

Sir Lucius

Veteran XX
I'll start out with the basics (these are a must):

shazbot
dammit
awww crap
how'd that feel?
I've had worse.
You idiot!
Quiet!
AHHHHHHHHEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEHHHHHghhhh (haha, j/k :p )

Some technical:
I have the enemy flag
Get the enemy Flag
Return our flag

Some I think would be useful
I'm in position
Attack
Ready (this would be VERY useful)

Ok, now that those are out of the way, what else would you like to see?
There are a bunch of worthless ones so try to only think of ones that you know you'd actually use in the game. Some I know I'd use are...
I'm going HO
I'm on our flag (or something for HoF)
Enemy gens destoryed
Enemy turreNts destroyed
Repair our gens!
Repair our turrents!
Our base is taken!

And then any taunts or what not you can think of for fun:
Sit down newbie!
What the hell?
You suck at life.
PQOWNED!!
What?
You played 2 hours to die like this? (j/k of course ;o )

What I would really like to hear happen is T3 has the original voice over people from T1. The people who did T1 had so much more personality and passion in their voices. The T2 voice bind people just didn't have that "spring in their step".

our flag is mined.

The T2 idea was nice, but it's always nice to have that bind to remind your idiot capper to clear the mines before he caps just in case.

oh god yes. PLEASE include a voicebind that says "Our <insert swearing of choice here> is <insert same word> MINED ya morons!!!!"... But keep the automated voice that says "our flag is mined" when you mine it so you don't have to rummage through a bunch of binds to warn people.

What I'd really like to see is some MUSIC binds like a good deal of the voicepacks out on the web have (Osiris 3.0 is the best for music right now). Give us music binds to pump us up! I love hitting 'vzec' and starting the "Danger Zone" bind in the Osiris pack from Kenny Loggins whenever I get into a Shrike! Just gives you that 'feeling'!:rawr:

Capper Behind Base (in a shrike about to cap)
Tank Behind Base (about to launch morters)

I dunno, I don't use the voice binds that much. I type everything out by hand so people know exactly where the enemy is, or when I'm going to cap.

A few short binds would be good for taunts. My favorites from UT we're

See Ya
My House
Bitch

I've always wondered why there wasn't a global "sorry". :shrug:

I would personally like a bind that says that I'm ATTACKING the flag area and not going for the flag. VSAF in T2 is "I'll go for the enemy flag". There's nothing that says "I'm gonna tear shit up and open that flag area up like Goatse."

Have Voice Binds be as customizable as T1. I quit long before anyone figured out how to configure them to your desire.

As for my suggestions on voice binds:

"You are the weakest link, newblood."

"Sniper!"

Add all the T1 and T2 binds plus...

CTF:

"clear the mines from our flag" needs to be added back
directions would be a nice add (i.e. n,s,e,w)
"ready" - wasn't standard in T1 but should be in t3

Team Rabbit:

"I'm Gridding [wait, throw now]!"
"I'm spawning!"
"I'm falling throw low."
"I'm climbing throw high."
"[Our/their] Goallie is out of the box."

Globals:

Add back all the T1 binds
Keep all the T2 binds

Another idea is to make some taunts only play against the person/people you just killed. That way, it's global, but bugs less people. There would be a new list of taunts that would only broadcast to the last person you killed.
For example, someone is dueling and kills his friend, so he's taunting, "Ah, you are weak" over and over. To him, it's funny. But to the rest of the people, it's voice spam.

This goes back to my idea to see death message that pertain to me, or the person I just killed. I don't want to see messages from other people, and I don't want to hear their taunts if it has nothing to do with me.

Last edited:
It would be nice to have parental locks that allow you to turn on mature taunts.

"I'm right behind you."
"I'll cover our flag carrier."
"Enemy has a HoF."
"HoF destroyed." or removed.
"Don't turtle the flag!"

Taunts.
"Chain whore!"
"Bioderms taste like shit."

Even if there is no Flag Hunters, I need "Defend the Nexus" and "I'll defend the nexus!"

I like to bust those out during CTF games. It amuses me.

Back