Nice 1.1 Write up on all features etc being added (holy shit)

I can see both points of view. I like the game fresh. Last night, we entered into Gav Daragon with an 8 man group and pretty much did the whole place in normal mode, which equates to WoW LFR as it was incredibly easy. We were set back by buggy encounters, doors that won't open, and bosses that won't reset properly (Soa).

We didn't do any readups or look for specific mechanics before attempting the fight. We just kind of tried to avoid them as we went. I can see why some people may consider tools like DMs or TMs to lessen the risk of trying new content as well. You suck? Remove you from raid. This one sucks? Replace with better. It was all new last night without tutorials and video guides for our purples.

However, certain classes REALLY need mods like Powerauras, or an in-game mod like Powerauras. It is absolutely horrendous sitting there looking at your bars for procs. It completely detracts from the fun of WATCHING your abilities go to work on a boss. You end up just staring at CDs from bars, procs on top of your buffbars, and making sure you're not standing in shit.

"Oh ok, I'm still on the boss' ass, let me go back to looking at my bars."

Yes.

I disliked having to watch my bars in WoW and I dislike it in this game.

But really it's just a minor gripe for me since, unlike WoW, the UI has the important elements together (quickslots, player health/metric, enemy health/metric, and buffs/debufs) and I don't have to look all over the screen for them.

debuffs in general are super hard to see.

one area where they didnt improve on much... need a colour hue system or better icons. its hard to know what you can cleanse... especially given the breakdown of physical, mental, force, tech etc.

for powerauras, even a scrolling combat text notification would be super cool.

I'm glad to see the Ilum PvP daily wasn't changed in the official notes, or are these 1/13 and 1/15 updates not updated enough?

Having to kill other players while imperials outnumber rebels 4:1 on some servers seemed idiotic.

I'm pretty sure the new ilum daily/weekly is coming with the patch tomorrow. I thought the notes said there was some other objective you could do besides killing players. I really hope so, because, yeah, it'll be pretty brutal for republic.

Back