UI Mods

Lord Elessar

or something
Veteran XX
Anyone tried any mods yet? The default UI makes me want to stab someone. I need to move stuff around because the normal layout sucks balls.

Yeah, I wish I had 8 action bars. That way I could put every ability and consumable on my bars, and still have 4 empty bars to leave toggled off.

I would love to see what is murdering me sometimes as well, and what my crits are etc. One dude was rocking me for 5k a hit and I want to at least know what it is.

I understand the counterpoint in that once you start to bring in stats, you bring in min-max and Gearscore and all the bullshit that ruins modern WoW, but I miss Recount and SCT :(

I'd love to be able to modify UI, in WOW everything in my UI was at least 50% smaller, and I had countdown timers where I could see them. Now I have to make a rough guess, which I guess puts some of the 'skill' into the game.

I don't want damage / threat meters. I've played too many classes ostracized from raids because they'd rather take the fom dps class because it puts out 1.2% more damage. It also makes things way too easy and ignores the utility of a class.

Oh you know what I really want? Power Auras. I have these talents that proc instant casts etc but almost no way to tell. Also trying to silence someone is almost impossible to time properly.

So how about just Power Auras and Cast Bars

Power Auras and debuff tracking/timers are really needed. Any class mechanics that rely on procs are incredibly annoying to track currently, and good luck monitoring your DOTs in a group setting.

As a healer, I would also like mouseover casts, raid frames that show (dispellable) debuffs, and raid frames that update health properly.

All these things could already be implemented by the community, but BioWare is obviously pretty clueless as to how MMOs actually work outside their meeting rooms.

It isn't about making the game like WoW, it is about adding features that gamers had to add on their own to WoW. Blizzard would then take the most popular ideas and implement them in the game.

I agree with JM5K about power auras feature being needed, my shock strike has a chance to have the cool down reset if I am taking damage, it is a close combat ability and can't look down at my quick bars every second while face tanking somebody to know if I got a proc.

They could add some of these into the game, and if people don't like them they turn them off.

Not having macros is bugging me, the amount of keybindings that can be saved by making simple macros that do one thing if you are targeting a enemy and another if you target a friendly.

macros i can agree with, other things i can wait for. as long as they patch out all the major issues first then start adding bells and whistles.

they might be afraid of looking too much like wow now that its on a death spiral

I do understand the problems with addons, Boss mods made raiding mindless but it also made it obvious how lame boss mechanics are, at X hp or X time after fight starts use this ability.

Gear score isn't that bad, it made it a lot easier when needing a pug player. Sitting around with 4 people on vent looking at a armory profile discussing if they know how to spec and have good enough gear was a terrible waste of time.

Holding off on the addons does make people realize it is a different game, if we had click healing, dps meters, UI packages, auction house addons all on release everyone would feel like they have already been playing this game for years, except now they are in space.

Most mods are not new concepts, and most predate WoW. Frankly it's shocking that the best and most popular mods weren't built into the game features to begin with. "It's not WoW!!!" arguments are retarded anyway, as both sides cherry pick their examples. "We don't want a WoW clone!" and yet I didn't have to set any controls because the defaults are the exact same as WoW, green items are still the basic quest upgrades, class trainers, crafting, Tank/Healer/DPS triangle, etc. None of these are new concepts.

Mods basically allow someone to customize their game to their style. You want to use the default? Fine go ahead, but I don't understand why you gripe about me having some mods that improve my playstyle. Because I do better job at things than you do? Isn't that just sour grapes?

Yeah, I hate having to keep breaking my focus to constantly look at my buff frame for procs. I also really want a dot tracker or the ability to emphasize my debuffs on a target.

I miss my AH mods. I loved those things.

I couldn't care less about meters but as people are saying there are some basic functions that are a lot easier with macros and add ons than doing it manually.

Back