[Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Android1

Veteran XV
The best playoffs in sports is about to begin. The matchups are set. Looking forward to 2 months of shit talking and endless arguments about who sucks more.

FIRST ROUND MATCHUPS:

East:
(1) Washington vs. (8) Montreal
(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Philadelphia
(3) Buffalo vs. (6) Boston
(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Ottawa

West:
(1) San Jose vs. (8) Colorado
(2) Chicago vs. (7) Nashville
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Los Angeles
(4) Phoenix vs. (5) Detroit

I like Vancouver out of the west, and of course Pittsburgh out of the east.

Let the flaming begin.

As always, Lets Go Pens!

alg_crosby-penguins.jpg

talbot.jpg

610x.jpg

ourfinesthour1.jpg

guerinstanleycup.jpg

Why wouldn't Detroit at least go to the Stanley Cup as usual? Washington is a fucking scary team though, but detroit is playing as well if not better since the Olympic break so I THINK DETROIT'S GOT IT YEAHHHH RED WINGS RED WINGS WOOOO

detroit is a very scary team out west for sure. i just love pulling against them.

Yeah I don't blame anyone, two decades of hockey excellence (well now 3 given it's 2010), I was a bit worried mid season but everything came together after the olympics and now they're steam rolling.

Pens vs. Senators in the East should be a rocking series and whoever wins that should have another awesome series against the Capitals. I think those three teams have the best shot of going all the way in the East but as much as I hate the Devils, I love a great goalie and great defense so I gotta give them a shot, unfortunately. East should be fun to watch in the playoffs.

Yeah I don't blame anyone, two decades of hockey excellence (well now 3 given it's 2010), I was a bit worried mid season but everything came together after the olympics and now they're steam rolling.

Pens vs. Senators in the East should be a rocking series and whoever wins that should have another awesome series against the Capitals. I think those three teams have the best shot of going all the way in the East but as much as I hate the Devils, I love a great goalie and great defense so I gotta give them a shot, unfortunately. East should be fun to watch in the playoffs.

if the east's top 4 teams win, itll be caps/sabres in the 2nd round i think because doesnt the nhl reseed? a pens/caps ECF would be bettmans wet dream i think

i also think chicago will have a tough time with nashville.

I'd like to see a Chicago-Washington final.

I wish Crosby didn't score his 50th today :( I'd rather see Ovechkin and Stamkos share the Rocket Richard instead of also including Crosby.

I do like how the Rangers and Flyers last meeting of the year decided the fate of the two teams.

I'd like to see a Chicago-Washington final.

I wish Crosby didn't score his 50th today :( I'd rather see Ovechkin and Stamkos share the Art Ross instead of also including Crosby.

I do like how the Rangers and Flyers last meeting of the year decided the fate of the two teams.

sid got 51 too ;) sharing the rocket richard with stamkos. in all honesty i think bryzgalov should win the mvp :shrug:

if the east's top 4 teams win, itll be caps/sabres in the 2nd round i think because doesnt the nhl reseed? a pens/caps ECF would be bettmans wet dream i think

i also think chicago will have a tough time with nashville.

Yeah you're right I've still got college basketball on my mind. Pens and Capitals is very possible for a conference final though.

Everyone seems to be forgetting about the Sharks, they have zero pressure and will go far though...probably against the Caps.

fuck it time to make a playoff prediction tree which will probably be wrong given I'm sticking 5 minutes of nhl.com research into it and picking favorites

East:
(1) Washington vs. (8) Montreal
(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Philadelphia
(3) Buffalo vs. (6) Boston
(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Ottawa

West:
(1) San Jose vs. (8) Colorado
(2) Chicago vs. (7) Nashville
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Los Angeles
(4) Phoenix vs. (5) Detroit

2nd round

Washington vs. Flyers
Pittsburgh vs Boston

San Jose vs. Detroit
Chicago vs. Vancuver

Semi Finals:
Washington vs. Boston
Chicago vs. Detroit

Lord Stanley's Cup:

DETROIT CITY BABY

at least the pens are playing ottawa, which means ill be able to watch the games on CBC instead of versus or watching the pens feed.

cbc > *

Back