PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
124 - 04-23-2009, 09:36
I mean, you can distill the entire game to:

DPS ****.
Don't stand in ****.

Clearly the Ulduar version of that is more fun than the Molten Core version of it.

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
125 - 04-23-2009, 11:20
Jesus, people need stop ****ing *****ing at everything.

Gow
VeteranX
Old
126 - 04-23-2009, 13:22
My favourite thing is the way trash is handled. There's a decent amount of it in places but it really doesn't give an overwhelming vibe the way SSC or BT trash did.

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
127 - 04-23-2009, 13:31
How does Ulduar compare to BWL?

BWL first 3 bosses were really hard, for the guild i was in anyway. Never did BC raiding.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
128 - 04-23-2009, 13:33
The only fight we've had anything I would consider "trouble" with was Yogg, because it requires a lot of DPS on a lot of different targets, which took a while to sort out.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
129 - 04-23-2009, 16:44
XT's enrage timer increased.

Adroit
VeteranXX
Old
130 - 04-23-2009, 17:43
Joined a new guild and got into Ulduar last night. 1 Shot flame, Razorscale, 2 shot XT, and 2 shot Kologarn. Continuing tonight

slick spic
VeteranX
Old
131 - 04-23-2009, 18:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bad4u View Post
XT trash is harder than the boss.
unless you killed it before it was disabled and de-linked, you have no idea

slick spic
VeteranX
Old
132 - 04-23-2009, 18:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCase View Post
one problem with muru is it required a very certain group make up in order to have any chance of meeting the dps requirements, everyone had to pretty much have best in slot as well

it's pretty obvious they aren't doing things like that anymore
the thing w/ muru was, it required a certain group make up, but it was a really balanced group make up. a few tanks, 1.5-2ish groups of melee dps, same of caster, then healers. if you wanted to raid w/ just a completely ****ed setup, you weren't gonna go far. tbh, i was ok w/ that

and it required coordination to change phases. as far as gear is concerned, they spaced **** out in swp, so by the time you got to that fight you had had time to gear out your raid. you could maybe think of hardmodes as the gates in swp or something. you're gearing out your raid and will be on them soon

it's only week two of ulduar, and they're already nerfing encounters that have already been beaten. enrage timers increased, mob hp lowered, **** like that. they need to let ppl play and see the fights, and so sorry if ppl don't beat everything in the first week. take time to learn new encounters

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
133 - 04-23-2009, 18:32
I was in a guild 10 man run last night, was fun to learn content with only 10 people.

Auriaya gave us some problems until we figured out the mechanics and I got my positioning and pull down. I tanked 1 cat and the boss, figured out that tossing the shield at the cat worked better because if the cat got past me on the pull and I taunted it would hit me in the back for a one shot kill.

I prefer spending a bit of time learning fights instead of reading detailed instructions on exactly what to do, although I do understand how much easier that makes it when you have 25 people having to pay repairs.

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
134 - 04-24-2009, 09:27
We found out since Ulduar that we have 5-6 window lickers, most of which are melee. I love it when our uber geared elemental shaman has to be reminded to drop Totem of Wrath, or a "Core Raid" holy priest dies to eye beams on Kolo. Time to recruit more people. -_-

Terra
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
135 - 04-24-2009, 10:27
Has anyone here downed any hardmodes on the keepers yet?

I was curious if anyone tried any MC on Thorim Hardmode. The NPCs have a lot of nice buffs but I'm not sure if its viable with a lot of stuns/aoe-damage to priests...

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
136 - 04-24-2009, 11:10
We failed at Yogg last week so we had to blitz easymodes this week to get back there.

Should start on hardmodes next week I imagine.

9er
VeteranX
Old
137 - 04-24-2009, 11:57
How are you guys doing the 25-man Auriaya pull? Saw it for the first time last night, and only on a couple attempts did we even make it past the pull, only to have our warrior fail to interrupt that thing that pwns us or have DPS take too long killing the wolves.

Anyway, we mainly tried having a pally bubble and pull them and the tanks taunt off him. We were also messing around with snake trap, but it's just so finicky that it's hard to tell what is actually working or if we're just getting lucky if it does work.

Any particular strat that helps ensure the pull goes smoother? I realize the pull is the most difficult part of the fight, but it's just so unstable that I'm not sure how to guarantee one shots in the future.

How do you all handle it?

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
138 - 04-24-2009, 13:37
Two Hunters MD the middle adds to the two tanks in back, a Paladin Bubbles and BoPs the 1st Hunter, then the front tanks pick up their mobs with taunt as they come up the stairs.

Pally bubble pull is likely easier.

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
139 - 04-24-2009, 14:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9er View Post
Soulstones. Though I think our hunter lived this week.

Sparty
VeteranXV
Old
140 - 04-24-2009, 14:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9er View Post
2 Hunters MD tanks in the back, one tank without MD gets pounced on and uses a CD to survive.

Page 7 of 26

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Ulduar

Social Website Bullshit