Protodrakes how do u get them?

ragingbunny

Veteran X
Im pretty oblivious to the asinine accessories of WoW in terms of achievements and mounts and shit.
I've never been one to "omg i want that mount ill do whatever i need for it".
But ive seen the protodrakes around a lot more, they are pretty fucking badass, and im wondering where does one acquire these?

Im aware of the rare elite world spawn (thats all i know, no specifics: name, zone etc)

<3

Um, there was one for one of the xmas event achievements or something, theres a rare drop off the one UP boss, one from the egg you can buy from the oracle's vendor, one from completing all the heroic achievements. Those are the only ones I can remember. I'm just going to get my cooler-looking, 380% speed one from gladiator as usual /flex.

Following are 280%

Green - hatched from mysterious eggs, acquired from the Oracles at Revered (rare chance)
Red - Doing all the heroic achievements.
Blue - Drops off Skaldi in Heroic UP (rare chance).
Time-Lost - Drops off a rare spawn mob in Storm Peaks, GL trying to get it (it seems to be heavily camped/farmed)

These are 310% mounts.

Plagued - Complete all the 10-man raid achievements.
Black - Complete all the 25-man raid achievements.
Violet - Complete all of the holiday achievements (requires 12 months, less with older characters).

Following are 280%

Green - hatched from mysterious eggs, acquired from the Oracles at Revered (rare chance)
Red - Doing all the heroic achievements.
Blue - Drops off Skaldi in Heroic UP (rare chance).
Time-Lost - Drops off a rare spawn mob in Storm Peaks, GL trying to get it (it seems to be heavily camped/farmed)

These are 310% mounts.

Plagued - Complete all the 10-man raid achievements.
Black - Complete all the 25-man raid achievements.
Violet - Complete all of the holiday achievements (requires 12 months, less with older characters).

I got the green proto drake on my first egg.

Time lost is pretty ugly, its like the bronze drake (heroic culling of strat timed rewards), but in proto form. Plagued one looks cool. Black also looks cool.

I'm just going to get my cooler-looking, 380% speed one from gladiator as usual /flex.

I guess that shows the average intelligence of arena kiddies, its 310%, close, if being off by 70% is close.

Hero one (red drake) doesn't mean much since the nerf on Gotta Go! - it's an easy one to obtain, in other words.

Now everyone and their mother has one. I guess that happens with most aspects of this game sooner or later.

Come on Immortal!

Hero one (red drake) doesn't mean much since the nerf on Gotta Go! - it's an easy one to obtain, in other words.

Now everyone and their mother has one. I guess that happens with most aspects of this game sooner or later.

Come on Immortal!

Some guildies and I tried to do Watch Him Die in AN the other night, we got close but after five tries we gave up. One of us was lagging and slowing down horribly when the bug swarms showed up and that seems to be what killed us.

Getting the OK ones done is a pain simply because everyone hates that place to death.

I guess that shows the average intelligence of arena kiddies, its 310%, close, if being off by 70% is close.

Yeah, I meant 310%, was thinking of 280% from the normal mounts. Thanks for correcting my typo though.

PS: I'm better than you.

Come on Immortal!

10m 3drake sarth is still prohibitively hard for all but the most geared and skilled groups. you have to stack your raid group and deal with several random aspects that can easily wipe your raid.

if you take the time to actually learn the fight and are aware of everything that is going on sarth is one of the more complicated fights in all of wow.

Last edited:
10m 3drake sarth is still prohibitively hard for all but the most geared and skilled groups. you have to stack your raid group and deal with several random aspects that can easily wipe your raid.

if you take the time to actually learn the fight and are aware of everything that is going on sarth is one of the more complicated fights in all of wow.

It's nice to see there is something still viable skill-wise in this game. Done everything but EoE and now and the mentality is the same. As long as you know the fight it's easy. And usually when wipes happen it's because one or more people weren't paying attention.

They can't possibly dumb down stuff like OS/Sarth because the achievement is optional. You can kill all the drakes and then him and still get loots, so it shouldn't count. Time will tell though...

How exactly are you supposed to kill the 3 drakes on 10m?

I was told by some of the guild vets the main key is (assuming the drakes come down one at a time as opposed to simultaneously) is to burn each drake down before the next one gets to Sarth. And obviously deal with all the other nonsense with Sarth on top of that (lava waves, elemental adds, etc.)

I don't think we have tried Sarth on 10 or 25 with 1 or 2 drakes much less 3, but I gotta bug the officers into putting that into the raid calender.

Thanks for the advice. Good luck in The Eye of Eternity.

I read up on teh fight and I do Aces High daily. We haven't done EoE since I signed on because attendence was getting random and spotty. We're have trouble filling Naxx-25 EoE-10/25 is on the backburner until more people show up.

Sucks too, that's the only thing I need for the Champion title.

Back