Best places to farm gold?

TseTse said:
btw, on a related matter... anybody know the best way to get top end disenchant mats? Which instance is best for getting generic weaps or armor per person?

I'm a hunter and can easily farm Incedious for DE mats (Large Brillants and Greater Eternals/Illusion Dust when you get the green bracers.) He also drops the Ace of Elements. If you want a group setting - BD strat is excellent. Several named that drop blues/greens and supply crates/chests. Fast clear too and can be four-manned if neccessary (all BWL geared.)

i think the blues from mauradon also get you large brilliants and any 60 can simply run between/past every single trash mob there and just engage the bosses.

even easier when you have the shortcut scepter.

If you want illusion and GEE's you can DE high level greens (sych as wicked leather items) to get them. Useful if you are a gatherer.

Vegito said:
Cool, thanks =) Do you think this gear could work effectively: http://ctprofiles.net/60241 ? Sadly, I think that and maybe some ZG items in the future once I can switch out my warrior for my rogue is gonna be the best I can get him in WoW =/

Spend more time in ZG and you'll get some really nice items to complete a tight +hit set (especially if you're a skinner).

http://ctprofiles.net/91053

Only problem you're gonna run into is the health you have, but a sealfate build is nice because you can lock down a mob relatively quickly, esp with your imp ks spec. I've spent hours running Tyrs, so I know what I can handle, just takes a little practice to get a good cycle down. Do you not have a guild to run you through any instances for better gear?

Gringo said:
If you can stretch the front grind of Tyrs hand into killing 3-4 mobs and then bandaging once, then you will make a lot of money and a lot of runecloth (which also goes for about 1.5g / stack on my server).

A full BRD run tends to yield an assload of random blues Tse, but not necessarily solo farming, if that's what you're interested in. We take a warrior, pally, and myself and clear most of the stuff for coffer runs.

Yea, im gonna keep eye on LFG for brd... and just tag along to DE.

Meanwhile, i admit... in all my time playing i avoided Tyr's Hand. It was too nuts over there, but im checking into it now.

What's the trick to Tyr's Hand? I'm on a well geared hunter but i find 2 of these guys a bit much unless i run for it. I'm killing mostly Warders off to the side near the lake instead of going inside. Which are the best mobs and which is the best spot for them?

On the warders, im basically blowing 1 water per mob (worth2s at best). ~15s + runecloth. One green so far.

(im doing this off-hours so i can easily farm the elementals for essence and the water)

Last edited:
also, it's been so long since ive really played on my 60s... can somebody give me a Silithus 101 in terms of farming?

I think i know where to find earth/air essence but i'd be curious about spots to farm DE mats or just gold. lvl 60 hunter.

For record, as a hunter, im making 5g an hour in raw cash in ty'r hand, plus perhaps another 7g+ in cash drops (rune + greys). That's 12g+ in cash, not counting greens/blues.

I am getting about 2 greens an hour, which isnt that great at all. Greens were all in the 48-49 range. For enchanters, that's gonna be good dream dust and maybe some LEE.

I'm using Titan + auctioneer for rough data, not "guessing."

20s downtime with water in-between mobs, using water from elementals there in EPL. This would only be worth it using enchanted or summoned water.

Last edited:
well... i see several people whoring the AH with Large Brilliant Shards for like 4g each.

that tells me they know a trick for getting shitty 51+ blues. i wanna know too :)

well... i see several people whoring the AH with Large Brilliant Shards for like 4g each.

Recently they dropped to 2-3g on my server (from their normal price of 6-7) and I bought about 40 or 50 - people I know laughed at me until the price went up to 7-8.

Also, did no one else catch this?

Strat: Statholme, (UD for undead side, or also called barrens on alliance side)

Strat BARRENS? Nonono. Strat BARON. Because you're killing...wait for it....THE BARON. Christ. Some servers call it Strat Scarlet/Strat Baron, others call it Dstrat/Lstrat, or UD Strat/LStrat.

So, what is the best way to get lots of 51+ blue items to DE? :)

Fi. said:
Recently they dropped to 2-3g on my server (from their normal price of 6-7) and I bought about 40 or 50 - people I know laughed at me until the price went up to 7-8.

Also, did no one else catch this?

If Lrg Brilliant Shards were 7-8g on Dark Iron i'd be happy but there are at least 3 vendors dumping them at the 3-4g range. It's also like... impossible to capture low bids on blue gear at 51-60. There's just too many people bidding.

Current rate is 3.59g per Large Brilliant Shard. :(

Great for buyers... scary for resellers.

Fi. said:
Strat BARRENS? Nonono. Strat BARON. Because you're killing...wait for it....THE BARON. Christ. Some servers call it Strat Scarlet/Strat Baron, others call it Dstrat/Lstrat, or UD Strat/LStrat.

Ive always heard it called living/scarlet strat or UD/baron. That's on 4-5 servers ive been on.

Last edited:
I started selling 19 Twink gear... cause some tool always buys it... and its easy.... specifically the Assassin Blade from SFK. Hell, i sold 3 of em total... and made like 1400 gold. This was on Azjol-Nerob.

Last edited:
TseTse said:

that tells me they know a trick for getting shitty 51+ blues. i wanna know too :)

It's probably a farmer hack. I know in our forums people are complaining about the price crash on major healing/mana pots. Someone chimed in that there are exploits to get to the Tribute Chest in DM, which apparently contains a good number of major mana pots.

SuperSniperX said:
I started selling 19 Twink gear... cause some tool always buys it... and its easy.... specifically the Assassin Blade from SFK. Hell, i sold 3 of em total... and made like 1400 gold. This was on Azjol-Nerob.

I'd like to see some profiles of rogues and warrior lvl 19 twinks.

I am now following some leather stuff at the 20-29 level having made two druid twinks, but im not that familiar with the top stuff for lvl 19.

I'd love a guide or some exact profiles for gear to look for.

Rouailtagh said:
It's probably a farmer hack. I know in our forums people are complaining about the price crash on major healing/mana pots. Someone chimed in that there are exploits to get to the Tribute Chest in DM, which apparently contains a good number of major mana pots.

Yea, i guess if you have multiple chars and just play the instances with exploits you could do well.

I'm going to myself try farming incendius in BRD from time to time. But even then, reseting instances and such is a total pain in the ass. I'd be game to know more "opportunities" along those lines, tho. I have no shame if it involves just using my basic char abilities and some skill.

TseTse said:
Yea, i guess if you have multiple chars and just play the instances with exploits you could do well.

I'm going to myself try farming incendius in BRD from time to time. But even then, reseting instances and such is a total pain in the ass. I'd be game to know more "opportunities" along those lines, tho. I have no shame if it involves just using my basic char abilities and some skill.

My comment was the complaints of my server's alchemists about an alarming price drop in major mana/healing potions. I think it went from 10g - 12g a stack to less than 4g. And some people said some farmer hack let them farm the DM Tribute Chest for Major Mana Pots and flooding the market with them.

some other places with good cash rates (several of these are also the ultimate places to grind the last few levels to 60):

Mosh'Ogg Maulers (elites) in STV. I'm getting steady 6-7g in raw cash per hour, along with mithril and iron, mage/silk... and greens in the high 30s. Almost no downtime. One downside is there are only so many of them but it works out fairly well to keep constant pace. if iron, heavy stone, mage and silk fetch a good price and you have a good market in the 30s for selling greens... this is a nice spot.

Jadefire Satyrs in the SW of Felwood are nice cash. Around 6g with ok drops and chance at felcloth. Not sure about other drops but i know many people have been able to quietly farm tons of cash there.

Deadwind Brutes/mages/warlocks are also about 7g per hour and one of the very best sources of runecloth. Not many greens or blues will likely drop, but if you have a strong inlking to quietly farm and sell fuckloads of runecloth, this is a great spot. You will get occassional greens from locks/maulters along with lots of valuable greys. Not dont expect uber-drops.

Deadwind "master's cellar" is one of my fav spots from that past. Tracking gold per hour i'm getting 7g per hour in raw cash. You will also get decent runecloth and other drops including nice ones. One of the greatest benefits of this spot is... you will seldomly see other players there.

EPL Noxious Glade is a classic farming spot. 4-5g or so depending on what you grind. This is also a great place for runecloth. There is also rich thorium here and other stuff drops. The raw cahs isnt the best but you do find some rare drops and have the steady rich thorium as well. However, that thorium makes is a regular spot for other farmers. You also of course can get Argent Dawn stones and Essence of Undeath which can be both very useful.

** These figures were with Titanbar and using a hunter, focused on a steady pace with minimal downtime.

Last edited:
Back