Best places to farm gold?

btw, on a related matter... anybody know the best way to get top end disenchant mats? Which instance is best for getting generic weaps or armor per person?

Vegito said:
i've tried going through there on my rogue and it seems not worth it due to the fact i have to bandage after every 1v1 fight.. =/ any more details on how you go about going through there?

I have ok dps gear, I buy up a few scrolls of str, prot, and spirit, take my token mongoose potions, have at least 4 stacks of heavy rune bandages, put on some music, and kill as fast as I can. The talent build also helps, does a lot of dps but takes a bit more damage up front. I used to use a sealfate build, and it was helpful in quick cp generation while staying untouched from the mobs. Also, go with maelstrom and heroism decks. I also roll with dual crusader chants. The health regeneration from the procs and card help a lot. You could go with dual lifestealing I guess, but I hate losing out on 200 str.

If you can stretch the front grind of Tyrs hand into killing 3-4 mobs and then bandaging once, then you will make a lot of money and a lot of runecloth (which also goes for about 1.5g / stack on my server).

A full BRD run tends to yield an assload of random blues Tse, but not necessarily solo farming, if that's what you're interested in. We take a warrior, pally, and myself and clear most of the stuff for coffer runs.

edit: and thanks for the link
edit2: are older tw wow threads archived anywhere? are they automatically deleted or something?

Last edited:
i agree with herbalism as a good cash cow, it mostly funded my epic mount for new horde warrior on dunemaul. recently tho with more ppl picking up herbalism and the god damn fucking farmer hunters who kill gordok (tribute chest gives a lot of major mana and major health), the prices of herbs and pots have went way down.

i used to make 20g per stack of dreamfoil, icecap, etc, im lucky to get 9-10g now if that.

low lvl mining seems to rake in a lot too, when i dropped skinning to get mining, mithril seems to always sell well.

Herbalism's a lot more common these days, but it's still great because it's easy as hell to grind (it took me about half a week of only playing about an hour a day to get to 300) and depending on what area you're in, the nodes can be EXTREMELY concentrated. I can't go sixteen feet in Swamp of Sorrows without finding a big fat node of Blindweed, and to a lesser extent that's true for Gromsblood and Firebloom in Blasted Lands.

I personally never caught on to the SM GY farming spot. I went there as a 48 rogue and tried but ultimately I had to bandage after every fight and quick spawn-in adds trounced me. And after all that it didn't feel like I was getting enough loot, and cloth was really running low from all the bandages.

But to be fair I wasn't well-geared.

i hate to hijack the thread:

but what is a good place to farm in late 30's (as a horde) for lots of $$$? i dont need all that much to reach my mount, im just getting tired of AH whoring and i could really use some xp to boot when im grinding. im a feral druid, mining/eng atm.

btw: pve server.

styr said:
i hate to hijack the thread:

but what is a good place to farm in late 30's (as a horde) for lots of $$$? i dont need all that much to reach my mount, im just getting tired of AH whoring and i could really use some xp to boot when im grinding. im a feral druid, mining/eng atm.

btw: pve server.

Herbalism is usually good. Late 30s you can run around Swamp of Sorrows for Fadeleaf. Stuff usually sells well in any server, how well depends. Ask Been Reed for some herb run maps for SoS, STV and Arathi. I know I picked up a couple of maps from him on how to run to get bountiful amounts of saleable herbs.

Skibbi9 said:
SM = scholo not Scarlet right?

Not familiar with scholo at all yet.

SM has always been Scarlet Monastery last I remember. The only change they had to do was when Dire Maul came in and we had to change Deadmines to VC.

when i needed epic mount money i just ran sm cath on my warrior, mograine/whitemane each drop a blue that sells for 1g or better.. lots of silk cloth to sell, all of the junk green/grey items to npc.. average about 20-25g an hour depending on how focused i was..

just gets real boring after a few hours.. try doing it here and there for a few hours a week.. it seems like i never found any BOE blues in cath but found a few in library/armory side when i would get bored of cath.. just a little bit more of cash from selling them on the AH.. might even offer to run lowbies through for a fee while doing it

-edit-

some of the higher end guilds dont have regular herblists gathering herbs for their raids, talk to them and see if you can arrange prices and just COD stacks of them to their guild bank or w/e.. some guilds do this on shadow moon with herbs and stonescale eels

Last edited:
Feannag said:
I personally never caught on to the SM GY farming spot. I went there as a 48 rogue and tried but ultimately I had to bandage after every fight and quick spawn-in adds trounced me. And after all that it didn't feel like I was getting enough loot, and cloth was really running low from all the bandages.

But to be fair I wasn't well-geared.
...they're level 30 nonelites...

FalseMyrmidon said:

is there a guide for farming SM GY rares? i went there a few times and saw the level 33 rare (ironspine i think, rare skeleton), and ive heard you can solo him mid-late 30's+

styr said:
is there a guide for farming SM GY rares? i went there a few times and saw the level 33 rare (ironspine i think, rare skeleton), and ive heard you can solo him mid-late 30's+
The tough part is the immeadiate entrance. If you're a Warlock, Shaman, Rogue or Druid you can get past it easy (stealth or run past and die and self res). If you aren't one of those classes you can try to solo a few of the pulls (tough at the high 30s but probaly possible) or use an Invisibility Pot.

FalseMyrmidon said:

Uh... Last I was in there all of them put the ghost clusters were elite. Not to mention that elite wraith that patrols around and spawns copies of itself in a fight.

Or did they change all the mobs in the GY to non-elite while I wasn't looking?

To clarify
MC: Molten Core
BWL: Black wing lair
ZG: Zul'Gurrub
AQ: Ahn'qiraj (sp)
UBRS: upper black rock spire
LBRS: lower
BRD: blackrock Depths
BRM: blackrock mountain
Strat: Statholme, (UD for undead side, or also called barrens on alliance side)
Scholo: Scholomance
DM: Dire Maul
SM: Scarlet Monastery
Coffer: BRD run with accumulated keys
Tribute: Running DM and only killing the last boss
ST: Sunken Temple
Mara: Maradon
WC: Wailing Caverns
RFK: Razorfen Kraul
BFD: Black fathom deeps
RFC: Razorfen caverns

Thats all the abbreviations I can really remember off the top of my head, just think it might help some people since it may take time to learn.

I farmed for my epic on the Yeti in Winterspring.

Some of the greys they drop sell for around 16s each, and they aren't that rare to get :0

Feannag said:
I personally never caught on to the SM GY farming spot
Scarlet Monastery has made many a player rich. Library has excellent cash and loot drops and, of course, there's the Cathedral. I've never personally farmed the Graveyard so can't comment on that.

Gringo said:
I have ok dps gear, I buy up a few scrolls of str, prot, and spirit, take my token mongoose potions, have at least 4 stacks of heavy rune bandages, put on some music, and kill as fast as I can. The talent build also helps, does a lot of dps but takes a bit more damage up front. I used to use a sealfate build, and it was helpful in quick cp generation while staying untouched from the mobs. Also, go with maelstrom and heroism decks. I also roll with dual crusader chants. The health regeneration from the procs and card help a lot. You could go with dual lifestealing I guess, but I hate losing out on 200 str.

If you can stretch the front grind of Tyrs hand into killing 3-4 mobs and then bandaging once, then you will make a lot of money and a lot of runecloth (which also goes for about 1.5g / stack on my server).

A full BRD run tends to yield an assload of random blues Tse, but not necessarily solo farming, if that's what you're interested in. We take a warrior, pally, and myself and clear most of the stuff for coffer runs.

edit: and thanks for the link
edit2: are older tw wow threads archived anywhere? are they automatically deleted or something?

Cool, thanks =) Do you think this gear could work effectively: http://ctprofiles.net/60241 ? Sadly, I think that and maybe some ZG items in the future once I can switch out my warrior for my rogue is gonna be the best I can get him in WoW =/

Back