Reload this Page [1.40]Groove HUDs and 1.4 config
Page 7 of 12
NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
121 - 02-07-2011, 19:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
I agree in the sense that the hudbot radar gives you an advantage to hitting C or whatever to see the map. But by that logic any Hud other than tribes default huds are a cheat - like, ctfhud (especially the timer).

But I disagree that perma IFFs are the same thing. You don't know when someone's about to come over a hill with hudbot - unless they're on your radar because a teammate or sensor picks them up - and even then you don't get height information so who knows where they really are.

all hudbot really does is save you the 1 second that you cant move or see when you check your map. its not a HUGE advantage. perma IFFs are, imo. Its the same thing as a wallhack.
I was just using it as a basis for comparison, then got wrapped into an argument for no reason like usual. I don't hold them on the same level, though I do consider them both cheats against the stock client.

Sponsored Links
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
122 - 02-07-2011, 20:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
I've been talking to a few other rogues and working on a new spec for a while, since I feel like a complete homo with zero burst or survivability. The responses were all completely different.

SO, I decided to work on my "Jm5k Jew Jew Stun Lock" Mut spec, and here is where I am at.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

I know Ass doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room (take away this, and there's only that left), so I'll explain how I play to help appreciate the spec.

Open with Imp Sap, move into Garrote, pop Vendetta, hit a Mut, pop Recup (now at 16% dmg reduction and they are coming out of their 70% dmg reduction from Sap in 4-5 seconds aka when they will burst all over me). Depending on class, I'll pop WOTF or Cloak when they come out because pretty much everyone begins mashing their holy **** CC/burst buttons (which usually hit me for 70% less damage + 16% less dmg aka nothing). Mut 2x and hit a 5pt Rupture, and should have 5pt Deadly on as well.

I'll rock Mind Numbing or Wound on my thrown incase they get away (literally just throw once or twice hoping for a Poison/Brew proc), but generally I still have my trink and Vanish and they are losing health fast.

Because of my Imp Recup, my 16% dmg mit stays the entire time, and I am healing for 6k per tick. I keep it up no matter what.

If I am getting CCed out the ass (usually frost mage or hunter), I will run a bit to get distance from them (which they usually are psyched about) and gouge their pet and pop Smoke Bomb and recup off the gouge for a free 10 secs of healing/CD replacement. If I'm really lucky, they just burnt their blink/deter anyways. Then it's back in for a little more.

Usually people begin to give up as they see that they aren't doing any real damage to me at this point and they start to panic and push more ****. CoS glyph will bring me up to 56% dmg mit, and Combat readiness is another 30 secs of 66% melee dmg mitigation.

I keep rupture and 5pt Deadly up, and wail on them as much as I can, but spend more time focusing interrupts and stun-locking as much as possible. There simply isn't enough energy or burst to nuke someone, so I just out-last them.

It may sound silly, but I end most fights with near-full health.

Anyways, that's what I've been doing for the past while, and it seems to be working very well for me. The only class I can still struggle with is the occasional Frost Mage; otherwise np.

Let me know what you dudes think

PS: Pick whatever glyphs you want; I tossed in ones I'm using right now. If you want to max Opp and drop Elusive, go for it. I wanted the increased utility.

Thanks!

groove
VeteranXX
Old
123 - 02-07-2011, 20:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFiX View Post
I was just using it as a basis for comparison, then got wrapped into an argument for no reason like usual. I don't hold them on the same level, though I do consider them both cheats against the stock client.
Fair enough

In a way JM5K is right - without a ladder or governing body to make a final call about what a 'cheat' is, it comes down to mob rule. If the majority agrees that something is a cheat, it is - on that server, with those people. Kinda like how in renegades happymod was normal and accepted. That's fine - but i dont want to play with those players.

Truth is, i dont think anyone with LastHope was saying 'you can't change the interpolate value' they were just saying 'if you want to play here, with us, thats our rule'

The problem arises when a group of people decide something is a 'cheat' and then someone else decides that the rules doesn't apply to them. Go ahead - use perma IFFs all you want - just not on The Community where the majority think that it's a cheat.

I also think that interpolate should never have really been designated a 'cheat' and if there was just a freakin' slider under Network options that said 'interpolate value' we'd never have even argued whether it was or not.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
124 - 02-07-2011, 23:08

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
125 - 02-07-2011, 23:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
Fair enough

In a way JM5K is right - without a ladder or governing body to make a final call about what a 'cheat' is, it comes down to mob rule. If the majority agrees that something is a cheat, it is - on that server, with those people. Kinda like how in renegades happymod was normal and accepted. That's fine - but i dont want to play with those players.

Truth is, i dont think anyone with LastHope was saying 'you can't change the interpolate value' they were just saying 'if you want to play here, with us, thats our rule'

The problem arises when a group of people decide something is a 'cheat' and then someone else decides that the rules doesn't apply to them. Go ahead - use perma IFFs all you want - just not on The Community where the majority think that it's a cheat.

I also think that interpolate should never have really been designated a 'cheat' and if there was just a freakin' slider under Network options that said 'interpolate value' we'd never have even argued whether it was or not.
iirc andrew said when lasthope first came out it was merely to make pubs more enjoyable

but people didnt listen and used it for matches

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
126 - 02-07-2011, 23:42
Quote:
Ok so bored at work today; it's a friday; so here are some pieces of info I've grabbed off of the wow forums and MMO-champion. Saves you guys the time via my slacking!

- 20% reduction to the XP required to gain levels from 71 to 80.

- Will you allow players to fill their quest log with say, 25 dailies, and then turn them in right after Midnight on December 7th to get a quick boost towards 85? This is how it worked in the beta, but some players are confused on whether it will work on Live. Thanks!
Regarding 25 daily quests to turn in when the expansion goes live, this is something players have been able to do for the last 2 expansions and we aren't talking about changing it now.

- Will the heirloom items scale to 85?
The current plan is to have heirloom items stop at level 80 at the moment.

- With the level 1-80 Heirloom items, when Cataclysm is released will the xp gain work while leveling until you hit level 81? Or will XP gain be disabled for those on release?
They will not. Heirlooms stop granting their XP bonus at level 80. Not level 80.999999.

- Do honor points and Badges roll over into CATA, or do they reset to zero?
Yes, honor points and justice points carry over into cataclysm. Stock up now!

- Do you feel faction imbalance is a problem at the moment? My queue is around 10-15 min at prime time as a member of the Horde and I know this is the case on at least two of the battlegroups. If so, do you think Worgen will fix the problem? And if they do not, will free faction changes ever be a possibility in the future on battlegroups or servers with a major problem?
We are working on some technology to further combine the PVP queues at server sites. This has been going on behind the scenes for a few weeks now in preparation for Cataclysm. Queue time is one of those things that gets a lot of attention and time, but will change significantly post Cata. Really good question.

- GENERAL 4.0.3a news (releasing this Tuesday or next, all taken from mmo-champion.com)

What is not in:
Creating worgen/goblin characters
Worgen/Goblin start zones
Archeology
Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
Guild leveling
Guild achievements
Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
New Zones (80+)

What is in:
Portals in Dalaran/Shattrath Removed
Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
New Gnome/Troll starting areas
Changes to existing zones
New cata load screens
New cata intro cinematic
New cata login screen
New music
City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
Bug fixes
Class balancing
Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%
New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for existing pet classes.)

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
127 - 02-07-2011, 23:42
Quote:
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are thus-far?

I've only played my DK and I can tell you this:

Frost DW dps went up about 3k for me. I was pulling 9k in H-VH on bosses and my gear is only about 5k gs. I gained about 8k HP in dps spec too.

Tanking is... completely different, kind of gay and kind of fun. I sit RP capped within 2 seconds and it fills basically constantly so you might want to add Death Coil to your Rune Strike/Other Attack stack macros. Literally nonstop spamming of RS and DC. There isn't much need for diseases and pestilence is pretty homosexual with it's 50% nerf (and needing to use that new strike to reapply is just a waste of a button imo). Blood Boil is pretty badass now though since you can chain spam it with proper PS manipulation. I also gained about 15k HP in tank spec.

A lot of my **** is broken and some of it just doesn't seem to exist in 4.0.1 (where is sexymap and SCT? DBM says it's updated but the new version is still OOD :**( ). I've crashed 4x so far too, the first time when I clicked to load out of date add-ons, once trying to enter H-Occ, and twice zoning in Dal. Maybe it had something to do with the phased D/Ling because my modem was having a ****-fit when these crashes occured.

Glyph system is neat and luckily most are crazy cheap (picked up 10 for about 6g each). A few things to remember:

Your new skills and spells are not active or trained by default. EVERYONE SHOULD VISIT THEIR CLASS TRAINER IMMEDIATELY. You'll get your armor spec, talent spec, cata skills etc.

The DK Frost tree is full of near-useless bull****. Some is PVP-based and some is trivial. Yet Frost spec (the literal button) is 15% dmg and UH is still the speed/haste buff (pvp imo). I dunno, I would have reversed them.

You will need to reset your macros too since spell ranks no longer exist. And if you crash you lose everything you customized so I recommend fixing everything and then exiting WoW, and then relogging.

The new Raid UI is annoying as ****, and most of you may have the little arrow to customize it hidden. It's on the far left of your screen and you can unlock and manage the form.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
128 - 02-07-2011, 23:43
Quote:
After reading various responses here and in various forums; leveling a million random alts and also being bored at work, I have decided to create (with your help) the ALT LEVELING HAPPINESS INDEX (ALHI) based on basically a poll we're creating and working on today!

I figured each class should have the following questions answered (out of 10, with 1 being Feannag ****ty and 10 being The Ghost BJ Ray got in Ghostbusters):

Survivability Solo (SOLO) : 1-10

Aoe-capable (AOE): 1-10

Elite-Capable (ELT): 1-10

Leveling Speed(LEV): 1-10

Fun Leveling(FUN): 1-10

Tips: Just where you write things like "Feral to 80, just stack str/stam and insta-queue as a tank", "Disc to 20, Shadow to 80" etc

And lastly a non-score-related question:

What level does this class stop sucking and become decent (SUCK) : 1-80

Take your numbers and add them for a total / 50 (ignoring SUCK).

So then, here is your Template:

Druid:

SOLO:
AOE:
ELT:
LEV:
FUN:
SUCK:
Tips:
--------

Death Knight:

SOLO:
AOE:
ELT:
LEV:
FUN:
SUCK:
Tips:
--------

Mage:

SOLO:
AOE:
ELT:
LEV:
FUN:
SUCK:
Tips:
--------

Warlock:

SOLO:
AOE:
ELT:
LEV:
FUN:
SUCK:
Tips:
--------

Paladin:

SOLO:
AOE:
ELT:
LEV:
FUN:
SUCK:
Tips:
--------

Rogue:

SOLO:
AOE:
ELT:
LEV:
FUN:
SUCK:
Tips:
--------

Warrior:

SOLO:
AOE:
ELT:
LEV:
FUN:
SUCK:
Tips:
--------

Priest:

SOLO:
AOE:
ELT:
LEV:
FUN:
SUCK:
Tips:
--------

Shaman:

SOLO:
AOE:
ELT:
LEV:
FUN:
SUCK:
Tips:
--------

Hunter:

SOLO:
AOE:
ELT:
LEV:
FUN:
SUCK:
Tips:
--------

I'll update this post with the averages and helpful tips as we collect data. Take a few mins and contribute!

EDIT 09/30/10

dangerdee
Veteran++
Old
129 - 02-08-2011, 00:16
Cant we just take what makes 1.4 great (imo: better cg tracers, smooth fog transition, ease of use) and ram it back into 1.3? Then apply the net settings in 1.4 to a 1.3 server. Then block 1.4 from servers.

Since you have the source code now would it still be impossible to do that?

I am aware of how ignorant these quesions are.

Last edited by dangerdee; 02-08-2011 at 00:24..
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
130 - 02-08-2011, 00:19
that would be a heady endeavor dangerd

who has the source code wtf

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
131 - 02-08-2011, 04:21
Yeah, who has source besides Andrew, who was contracted?

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
132 - 02-08-2011, 04:40
nofix uhave the source ?

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
133 - 02-08-2011, 06:18

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
134 - 02-08-2011, 06:33
nofix want to share i wont leak it ;x

oh **** did u give it to alarik man

dangerdee
Veteran++
Old
135 - 02-08-2011, 12:23

uNLeaSHeD.
Veteran++
Old
136 - 02-08-2011, 14:01
Umm,this thread is still going, lol Go Groove!! For supporting cheats!! lol jk

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
137 - 02-08-2011, 14:04
opsayo, i thought we had a truce? why do you continue to play level 90 dunce master? dont you have a basement to dwell in or something

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
138 - 02-08-2011, 16:04
the problem is that u thought i was trying to argue with you when i was genuinely trying to hear ur opinion and mostly let others hear urs as well

but u are too guarded of an individual really

u could have educated people a little bit making the little community a little less ignorant but instead u chose to answer in rhetoric and get defensive

the only real answer u gave was to groove imo

Last edited by hyung; 02-08-2011 at 16:16..
NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
139 - 02-08-2011, 16:29
My opinion is no more significant than yours or anyone's. What the hell difference does it make what I think ...

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
140 - 02-08-2011, 16:45
do not be humble ur opinion is strong because u speak out of knowledge than ignorance i wanted u to clear the name of what a bypass is so that people do not just throw around bypass and cheat interchangeably since they are not one and the same and since the release of 1.40 despite what people say about players now they have become more knowledgeable about the acceptance of network settings which formerly were pretty taboo and people still throw around "u terp" to this day (maybe not to u cause u are bad hah but am really good)

my opinion i think is that people do not realize the fine line between cheat and script and speak openly as if it is a clearly defined thing

sure there is a big diff between editing script and injecting code or reverse engineering something but there is more than 1 way to skin a cat

that said really what defines a cheat is mostly not how it is implemented but whether or not the community agrees upon it

like in t2 they ban auto waypointing even tho it can be done script side, we allow hudbot (which allows model replacements and radarhud) even though it was not really possible script side and adds a huge advantage, for a long time we have banned changing interpolate/pft settings even though those were built into the game

so for me i thought it was funny that u would call radarhud a cheat because it was widely accepted and widely available whereas permaiffs were not widely accepted and not widely available

ur netset bypass would not be a cheat if it were merely widely available (altho i dont think it is a cheat anyway since i understand what is going on with network settings - i'd say 1.40 in itself is not a cheat since it is now available to all, but it does provide the opportunity to cheat since it comes in the form of a lasthope bypass in itself

ok that is all no hard feelings nofix we still have a truce and i think u are a good guy who does good for this game and am grateful and this is 4 real

Page 7 of 12

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Scripting and Modifying
Reload this Page [1.40]Groove HUDs and 1.4 config

Social Website Bullshit