[lasthope] 1.30 bypass

random said:
When has anybody claimed that nobody can "hack" with LastHope?
thanks random, I didn't know you logged every conversation I've ever had, nor that you were even present for any of them.. the things you learn on the internet.

player accusing lasthope player of cheating said:
lasthope player attempting to prove they don't hack in tribes said:
I can't cheat, I use lasthope you idiot

thanks for quoting the lasthope page.. maybe you can share that with everyone else that wants to pretend it couldn't be and hadn't been bypassed. Don't know why you're trying to convince me.

Slitz said:
..and they warp less if you disable interpolate?
You don't really know what you're talking about.

If you disable it, you're seeing only what the server see's, at 30 fps (hence why it looks choppy, but players dont warp).
If you don't, Tribes is inaccurately (aka predicting, there's no way it can be perfect) moving players back and forth at really high speeds between each of those updates. The faster a player goes, the more likely they are to appear as though they're warping, as interpolation pretty much breaks down and becomes detrimental at certain speeds (none of which could be reached without skiing).

I call it the Back to the Future 88mph complex.

EasyTarget said:
thanks random, I didn't know you logged every conversation I've ever had, nor that you were even present for any of them.. the things you learn on the internet.

thanks for quoting the lasthope page.. maybe you can share that with everyone else that wants to pretend it couldn't be and hadn't been bypassed. Don't know why you're trying to convince me.
Are you brain dead?

I see now why you still play renegades. It's comparable to the retarded kids in school who still play in the sandbox when they're 10, when everyone else is playing football (soccer).

If that's seriously your reason for spreading cheats, then I hope you never procreate.

who are you talking to? Half of the stuff you seem to be responding to was never said in the first place, the other half isn't even worth reading.

random said:
You don't really know what you're talking about.

If you disable it, you're seeing only what the server see's, at 30 fps (hence why it looks choppy, but players dont warp).
If you don't, Tribes is inaccurately (aka predicting, there's no way it can be perfect) moving players back and forth at really high speeds between each of those updates. The faster a player goes, the more likely they are to appear as though they're warping, as interpolation pretty much breaks down and becomes detrimental at certain speeds (none of which could be reached without skiing).

I call it the Back to the Future 88mph complex.
On one hand you're saying the choppyness you see without interpolation is not "warping", and on the other hand you're saying warping is caused by interpolation breaking down at high speeds. Ergo less interpol causes warp, but zero does not. Did I get that right? It's contradictive.

Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because none of us do in this case. :p: It's not documented, and for years we've all just been making more or less educated guesses about it. Mine:

The distance warping players move back and forth is controlled by net throughput, so anything from a little "choppy movement" to what we refer to as "real warping" is the exact same phenomena. The only difference when interpolation comes into play is that players instead of just popping up in different places all the time is seen a few times on the path inbetween. Now the larger buffer you allow for collection/calculations of movement data between old and new positions, the more extra frames can be added to smooth out the animation. The problem is when you shoot the "guys inbetween" they're not really there, so by choking the amount of time to store historical position data to zero you get less "guess frames" and you're more often firing at real targets, at the cost of more stuttery display(I say 'more often' because interpolation is taking place even if you give it no buffer, so you're always going to get nonregs, and sometimes even more of them with less interpolation under certain circumstances where prediction does a damn good job and actually helps you hit more).

Then there's the other thing people like to nag about: "Disabling interpol makes it more fair for HPB's". I say BS, because latency isn't involved, only throughput.

Do we want a stuttery game looking like ass just so we all can go crazy with the chaingun, or a good compromize where it's not so easy and things look more smooth? I know what I prefer, and it has nothing to do with cheating or unfair advantages. There are other, better ways to make guns more effective if that's what you want, and the only way to compensate for lag will always be extra lead-ahead on the aim.

[/OT] back to the fascinating discussion about hacking everything to pieces until there's nothing left. :shrug:

Slitz said:
On one hand you're saying the choppyness you see without interpolation is not "warping", and on the other hand you're saying warping is caused by interpolation breaking down at high speeds. Ergo less interpol causes warp, but zero does not. Did I get that right? It's contradictive.

Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because none of us do in this case. :p: It's not documented, and for years we've all just been making more or less educated guesses about it. Mine:

The distance warping players move back and forth is controlled by net throughput, so anything from a little "choppy movement" to what we refer to as "real warping" is the exact same phenomena. The only difference when interpolation comes into play is that players instead of just popping up in different places all the time is seen a few times on the path inbetween. Now the larger buffer you allow for collection/calculations of movement data between old and new positions, the more extra frames can be added to smooth out the animation. The problem is when you shoot the "guys inbetween" they're not really there, so by choking the amount of time to store historical position data to zero you get less "guess frames" and you're more often firing at real targets, at the cost of more stuttery display(I say 'more often' because interpolation is taking place even if you give it no buffer, so you're always going to get nonregs, and sometimes even more of them with less interpolation under certain circumstances where prediction does a damn good job and actually helps you hit more).

Then there's the other thing people like to nag about: "Disabling interpol makes it more fair for HPB's". I say BS, because latency isn't involved, only throughput.

Do we want a stuttery game looking like ass just so we all can go crazy with the chaingun, or a good compromize where it's not so easy and things look more smooth? I know what I prefer, and it has nothing to do with cheating or unfair advantages. There are other, better ways to make guns more effective if that's what you want, and the only way to compensate for lag will always be extra lead-ahead on the aim.

[/OT] back to the fascinating discussion about hacking everything to pieces until there's nothing left. :shrug:
err, clearly your definition of warping differs from the one used in the english language.

Actually, I'm not making any guesses whatsoever about it. Tribes isn't the only game with an interpolation variable, and it's not the first game in which I've had to defend its purpose against ignorant retards such as yourself.
Just because you don't know what purpose it plays in online multiplayer games, don't assume that others fall into the same category as you.

Your third paragraph displays your ignorance on this subject.
Your fourth is a baseless opinion.

The reason these variables exist in multiplayer games, is to give people the ability to tweak their netcode. If everyone was locked at the same network settings, far less people would be able to play multiplayer games. Interpolation falls under the category of Network Settings in online games.

I suggest you learn more about the subject of netcode before rebutting my response.

EasyTarget said:
who are you talking to? Half of the stuff you seem to be responding to was never said in the first place, the other half isn't even worth reading.
I was talking to you.

You are a douche for spreading cheats.
You just haven't come to realize it yet.

Geez... At least come with some facts then if you say you're not guessing. Your last post looks like just a desperate attempt at regaining confidence, without any substance - "You're wrong and I'm right because I say so".

You don't have any facts because T1's netcode isn't documented very well. We can all assume how it works by the way it is in other games, YES. You still don't know. Personally I'm 99% sure what's in my last post is accurate, and there's no ignorance about it.

random said:
The reason these variables exist in multiplayer games, is to give people the ability to tweak their netcode. If everyone was locked at the same network settings, far less people would be able to play multiplayer games. Interpolation falls under the category of Network Settings in online games.
Wow look, a totally meaningless quote. I just told you what I think this particular setting is used for, and it's simply about how much you're willing to compromise between smooth animation and accurate positioning. It's not an important setting and it's impossible to tune because the optimal setting varies with connection quality. If it was important they'd included it in the game options and not left it out on purpose(They had it included in the options in the pre-release but took it out).

The only important thing about this setting is the damn hype about it. It's mostly just a big stupid placebo effect and it made our sweet game retarded.

So you realize that by bypassing LH, you defeat its purpose, right? Stick to your Renegades servers, they shouln't need a bypass to cheat. I don't see why you need to further "enhance" gameplay for the rest of the community where it isn't needed.

Slitz said:
It's not an important setting and it's impossible to tune because the optimal setting varies with connection quality.
The only important thing about this setting is the damn hype about it. It's mostly just a big stupid placebo effect and it made our sweet game retarded.
If it's just for looks and not "important", how come it's handled as a cheat in FoX/LastHope?

And if it's only "mostly just placebo" how can it make the game retarded?

I can tune it perfectly to fit my connection. In fact, I can't chain at all without interpolate turned off. So.. if it's not that important, mostly for good looks and mostly placebo: please remove the check from FoX. I don't care about the warping or the "good looks".

Thank you.

Lemme remind about the thread purpose:

FSB-SPY said:
I hear it's been made, so who has this? My config will/is getting booted due to me using different flag/weapon models/player models.

p.s. lasthope is of a homosexual orientation.

p.p.s. if it matters, i'm using the 1.30 happyjump version of the exe.

Oki, there´re several models ppl already used and still would like to use.
I hope we all agree that custom models are used because of beeing more eye-candy then the default ones, not because they are huge as a tower or flashing red so even a blind guy could find them.

I´ve never used other models but i know there are nice models arround that have almost the same shape/size of the default ones.

So my real opinion is:

Lets collect all models everybody could life with when other players use them, hash em and make the same thing what has done to the conversion models, just add them to the crc check exclusion list.

That way spy and everybody else who want´s a bypass for the same reason are happy and can enjoy tribes without having to encourage anybody to hack his ass off for bypasses etc.

What´s so wrong about this idea?

Last edited:
Back