T1 Preview : Check it out

ctrl + h opens the hud mover

anyone know what script it is when you grab an enemy flag and it says "take the enemy flag to our flag" (or something similar) in team chat, and if you die it says "Objective Failed" in team chat? i cant locate it

Invictus- said:
How do you move the health / energy bars?
Easy. Press K in game and the Tribes HUD options comes up. Then all you have to do is click on w/e hud you want to move, hold down, and drag. This will only work for the original Tribes Huds AKA Energy/Health Bar, Clock, Compass, Chat HUD, sensor hud. IT WILL NOT WORK FOR HUDS FROM SCRIPTS. That' when the CTRL H becomes helpfull. Gl

Post by: bosketaru

just release
...the ctfhud
...itemhud

...this config IS A MESS. 100 doubled or unused scripts. Can´t get arsed to understand this net of weird0 crosswise linked scripts.

GreyHound said:
just release
...the ctfhud
...itemhud

...this config IS A MESS. 100 doubled or unused scripts. Can´t get arsed to understand this net of weird0 crosswise linked scripts.

Don't worry. Renon is still working on a perfected release, this was an early release cause we all wanted it.

the one he released thus far, yes it does have an excess of scripts you probably won't or don't need. i'm wading through them, taking out whats needed and what's not. adding my own skins, sounds, etc takes time, worked on it for 3 hours yesterday and at least a few hours today, almost finished I think.

GreyHound said:
just release
...the ctfhud
...itemhud

hmm I was rushed? so I didnt exactly get all the time I wanted to fucking clean up bro.. and I wasnt actually planning on realeasing anything till I was asked so chill :) I will be working on fixing this shit.. I was still in the testing phase lol

I took screenshots of the console to see what was actually executed then went through the config and deleted all the *.cs files that weren't being executed.

Anyway I came across this problem and I can't seem to fix it, I'm not sure whether it's the fonts causing this to happen but I've looked through MiniDaeHUD.cs and I can't see anything wrong :\
wtf.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

To see if it's the fonts.. try loading up his into your skins folder and see... it's happened with a few other people with differant setups that I have seen.. something with how wide a font is or something, I dunno exact cause..

I'd say width or position of a container was very likely the problem except that I have no idea how the values could've gotten changed.

Yeah exactly.. a font change won't change the container width of the object, not unless tribes to compensate for the width and position of the container/text object and then changes them to try and fit the container as whole.. it also depends on what method that hud uses for creating itself... ie if it's a presto hud, then it probably wouldn't have the "advanced" code to put four sub fearguiformattedtexts into it along with two more for the two images.. it would all just be one big fearguiformattedtext box..

Hmmm it works with the "snap" font but still not with the standard font...

This is the code where the lines of text are made:
Code:
%text = "<F2><B2,6:daerid\\friendly.%5.bmp><L4>\t\tScore:\t%1\n\t\tFlag:\t\t\t%3\n\n<B-10,6:daerid\\enemy.%6.bmp><L4>\t\tScore:\t%2\n\t\tFlag:\t\t\t%4";
And these are the lines where the HUD is made:
Code:
$daeHUD::Cont = newObject(daeHUD, SimGui::Control, 610, 525, 200, 70);
$daeHUD::BG = newObject(daeHUD_BG, FearGui::FearGuiMenu, 0, 0, 200, 70);
$daeHUD::TextObj = newObject(daeHUD_Text, FearGuiFormattedText, 2, 0, 200, 72);
Help you at all?

Last edited:
*chokes*
Yeah.. explains alot...
Code:
%text = "<F2><B2,6:daerid\\friendly.%5.bmp><L4>\t\tScore:\t%1\n\t\tFlag:\t\t\t%3\n\n<B-10,6:daerid\\enemy.%6.bmp><L4>\t\tScore:\t%2\n\t\tFlag:\t\t\t%4";
Ok now....
Code:
<B2,6:daerid\\friendly.%5.bmp>
That part.. modify the 2 in that part.. it will change the X cords the image is put at on the hud...
If it changes the wrong one...
Code:
<B-10,6:daerid\\enemy.%6.bmp>
the -10 looks suspicious.. try playing with that one first..

EDIT: I set the X co-ords on the enemy pic to -20 and it lined up ;), thanks. I'll just take some spaces out from between the pic and writing and it should be ok.

Last edited:
hehe, np bro....

Just thought this was a final release.

As it´s kinda hard to config a pack if you don´t even know which files exec more scripts etc. Would be an endless search....

keep on goin´

great work anyways

(btw, how to disable this assbiting function that always asks if i wanna set a function to a key in stripped?)

byebye

Only v0rt could screw up someone elses config >_<

Remember when you kept nagging me for a pre-release of cyczii, I fixed you good asshatt.

Back