Phantomstranger/KOS

KOS said:
something got buggered up with my uvw map(its a long dull process, because i have to do lots of extra shit to make it port over to max, but its worth it in the end) so im probably going to have to remake it, but if any of you know of a good program that unfolds objects for you it would speed this up a lot(im currently taking every polygon and rotating them so they all face up, then disconnecting them and moving them around so they dont get welded to other points, which changes the vertex count and completely screws up a model when bringing it into 3ds max
I used to have a program that made the 3d objects flat, (ie UV Wrapped) for use in texturing poser objects.. not sure if it's something like that.. I can dig it off my old backups just to check to see if it'll help if you want..

fin_alpha4.jpg

fin_alpha5.jpg

fin_alpha6.jpg

only thing left to do is the hands and the rigging. maybe some scaling. the head looks a little big. so does the crotch.

the backside looks a little plain for some reason. just realized that sitting here looking at it. guess it gives me something else to do.

sarca I'm not done with the wings yet. the FUCKING FAIRY plugin you sent me stopped working. you're gonna have to send me another copy.

Last edited:
Phantomstranger said:
looks great. i'll install tribes again just to check it out in game once ur done.

Phantomstranger said:
sarca I'm not done with the wings yet. the FUCKING FAIRY plugin you sent me stopped working. you're gonna have to send me another copy.
You plugged it in the WRONG HOLE!!! you TOOL!! :lol:

OMG great job phantom really nice !!!!! THX ALOT .. Much appreciated.. Once the wings are applied and hands it will be so uber man thank you so much....

Meh... see what I mean.. memory is going out.. starting to t urn into an old man.. either that or I just haven't played Battle Tech in so long.. I dun remember...

As nice a job I think he did on those models, I still think it would look and be really retarded to play with those things in game.

I guess im the only one :shrug:

Back