[T1 release] Skies maybe ?

-advisory said:
sarcs, need my sexay orange sky :)

btw, u ever release any other terrains besides lush? j/w...
what sexay orange sky? let me see a screenshot.

anywho..i just wondered if i could still do this stuff and came up with this..

org
messingaroundnow.jpg

palettized
messingaroundnow256.gif

Last edited:
He officially released the lush textures but unofficially released desert/dirt textures. I use them and haven't noticed anything wrong with them.

Get them here:

Sarca Files

Awesome :) Lots of skies for me to work on..

I'll upload the Rollercoaster lushWorld sky in 30 minutes..

I can't possibly make the second RC sky I've shown without the original picture :| I thought it was taken from a .vol in the game.. but it's not, like Sarca said ;)

I hope Andrew still has it, I liked that one most :p

Finially we got some peeps to work on the skys since sarca didnt want to do it anymore....all of those are fucking gorgeous, now all that sarca or andrew has to do is make a program that can import the skis into the right directorys when ever we want to change them

btw rob, are you working on the terrains anymore ? :/ i hope so

Download link for the lushWorld sky for Rollercoaster :

RClushsky.zip

A few things to know :

• Files to be extracted in your base/skins folder;
  • Do not rename any of the filenames;
  • It will black-out the commander screen's map;

I've simply put the 16 .bmp's in the .zip, the main reason is that I've tried vol'ing them with Visual VT and also with the DOS prompt version of it.. but it didn't seem to work.

It doesn't matter much.. but it makes your skins folder a bit messier. It irritates me a bit, but I can live with it :p

I don't think there is any problem or bug with the sky.. Feel free to report it here or in IRC : #conversion

I will probably make at least one new sky by tonight, out of the ones Sarca posted, and more the days to come ;) Any preferences as to which to do ?

Sarca, are those made in Photoshop ? I've tried looking for panoramic skies.. or sunsets.. but they're not seamless :| I'll try to make some myself too :D

Last edited:
Jelly said:
now all that sarca or andrew has to do is make a program that can import the skis into the right directorys when ever we want to change them

Wish, but don't see that happening...t1 doesn't like you editing ppl files much...only part of this process that just really tires ya out. Well me anyway...

bLiSS said:
Download link for the lushWorld sky for Rollercoaster :

RClushsky.zip

A few things to know :

• Files to be extracted in your base/skins folder;
  • Do not rename any of the filenames;
  • It will black-out the commander screen's map;

I've simply put the 16 .bmp's in the .zip, the main reason is that I've tried vol'ing them with Visual VT and also with the DOS prompt version of it.. but it didn't seem to work.

It doesn't matter much.. but it makes your skins folder a bit messier. It irritates me a bit, but I can live with it :p

I don't think there is any problem or bug with the sky.. Feel free to report it here or in IRC : #conversion

I will probably make at least one new sky by tonight, out of the ones Sarca posted, and more the days to come ;) Any preferences as to which to do ?

Sarca, are those made in Photoshop ? I've tried looking for panoramic skies.. or sunsets.. but they're not seamless :| I'll try to make some myself too :D

my bottom of the line geforce is rendering inverted colors on the horizon

Are you using Sarca's marsWorld textures ? Rollercoaster textures and the like..

edit : I figure it would be better for me to test all of these first.. before I start releasing. There are a few things that I haven't thought of.

What I've done so far, with a lot of help and advices from Sarca :

RDsarcasky.jpg

RDsarcasky01.jpg

HBsarcasky.jpg

HBsarcasky01.jpg

These aren't perfect yet.. they don't blend to the horizon, or the edges of the map. All of the skies I'm working with are made by SarcaStick.

Everything just needs a little bit of time to become better ;)

Last edited:
Question i gotta ask, is there any possible way to fix the commander map thing? The Skys r great but i play the game for the game, not the look in the end of it all.

Stiggy said:
Question i gotta ask, is there any possible way to fix the commander map thing? The Skys r great but i play the game for the game, not the look in the end of it all.
Yes, there *is* a way to fix the command screen. Don't install none of this customized stuff. Problem solved.

Back