Runar

Contributor
Veteran XX
Oki, here goes..

http://hem.bredband.net/ronhel/VP40.zip

vp40.png

FAQ:

Q: How do I install this?
Rename your Tribes\base\skins and Tribes\config directory. Then extract the zip file to your Tribes directory, with subdirs on.

Q: Will your pack work with Presto, Stripped or any other pack?
NO.

Q: When I start Tribes, things seem misplaced?
Press "F7" to position gui objects. If the text in the chatwindow seems a bit out of position, just press "u" a couple of times to get it right.

Q: I can't see the blue huds?
You have a voodoo card, those bitmaps will not work on a voodoo card.

Q: Doesn't killtracking slow your game down?
It does. If you don't really want stats and popups on non-Fstat/BWadmin servers, you should disable it.

Q: Why doesn't the chatmenu show?
It's related to using a transparent chatHud. No way to fix this without reverting to the old one with green borders.

Q: Why are the fonts so small?
Because I like them that way, get used to it or delete Tribes\base\skins\*.pft

Q: I change the sensitivity, but it gets reset all the time?
Start Tribes, change the sens, quit Tribes.

Q: I don't like that/those reticle(s) of yours, how do I change it?
Edit preferences.cs, the Reticle section. If you wan't to replace the small red cross, replace Tribes\base\skins\H_reticle.bmp with a reticle of your choice.

Q: What's with the weird friend/foe indicators?
Those are my personal. If you don't like them, delete Tribes\base\skins\H_friend.bmp and H_foe.bmp.

Q: I'm new to Tribes and scripts. Why should I use your scriptpack?
You shouldn't.

Last edited:
hmm one question you didnt answer:

I installed and when i hold down space to ski it gets real slow and glitchy. I just read your other post on renaming the config and base/skins folder so is there a conflict going on?

Should i install it again but before i do rename the config and base/skins folder?

Velo said:
hmm one question you didnt answer:

I installed and when i hold down space to ski it gets real slow and glitchy. I just read your other post on renaming the config and base/skins folder so is there a conflict going on?

Should i install it again but before i do rename the config and base/skins folder?

Change the ski-delay in Preferences.cs. 0.003 works for most. 0.00035 works for me on a 1 GHz PIII.

Are the only changes with the huds, or are their changes/updates with the scripts as well? I have the previous version of VP, so do I need to reconfigure everything in the new pack, or can I copy my old prefs.cs?

btw, great job :)

Its nice, i'm probably gonna switch as soon as KOS converts it for Glide.

I've used Presto/Presto plus for 3 years and I think you've made me switch.

could somebody put in my controls for this thing, i've tried the past viking pack but i got pissed off because i couldnt figure out how to get the controls to work like it did before viking, cant get my jump.cs to work with right mouse button, crap like that

Back