Good news if you played the Beta this weekend; you have the release! by Shopper47 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page Good news if you played the Beta this weekend; you have the release!
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
1 - 11-30-2011, 15:00
"FAQ: if you played this weekend you do NOT need to uninstall the #SWTOR client. We are planning to patch it to Early Game Access / Live."

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/statu...35439839436801

That is wicked, just need the patch that comes with early access!

Scrotimus the Sith Inquisitor will rise again!

Sponsored Links
Witch
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 11-30-2011, 15:06
Going to delete and redownload, since I didn't delete the previous client prior to downloading the newest build. Now it's way too big. Won't take more than an evening though ^-^

Or I could copy it over from my fiancees PC but whatever. I'm bit skeptic and want it clean to avoid issues. And if something ****s up I'll just copy it over LAN :>

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
3 - 11-30-2011, 15:08
Well the good thing is that you can still download the most recent version even if you're just a weekender. I patched last night for example.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4 - 11-30-2011, 16:34
but... I already deleted it.

[meph]DarkDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 12-05-2011, 17:28
just got an email to delete my game client...

BlazerBlade
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
6 - 12-05-2011, 18:44
Quote:
In preparation for the official release of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we wanted to make sure that everyone has the correct game client installed on their machine.

If you participated in our Game Testing Program before November 25th, we recommend that you uninstall the game testing client (refer to instructions below) and then download and install the launch game client. We***8217;ll update this post with more instructions when they***8217;re available. You will need 27GB of free space to install the launch game client. The actual size of the game client is approximately 19GB (without additional languages installed).

If you have played in our game testing program at any point from November 25th onwards, you will not need to re-install the game client, as you should already have the launch version installed.

To verify that you have the launch version installed, you can check for the "assets_swtor_main" version file in the following location on your computer: \Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars ***8211; The Old Republic (assuming default installation). If you have that file present, you do not need to reinstall the game client.

With that said, some users may notice that their game client folder is much larger than 27 GB on their system. This may be due to having redundant files from previous versions of the client. If you need to clear up space, we recommend completely uninstalling the client and downloading and installing the launch game client. Again, we***8217;ll update this post with more instructions when they***8217;re available.

To Uninstall the Game Client:
Click on the Start bar and open up your "Control Panel."
Under "Programs" select "Uninstall a Program" (Windows 7) or "Add or Remove Programs" (Windows XP).
Select "Star Wars ***8211; The Old Republic."
Right Click on the title and select "Uninstall" (Windows 7) or "Remove" (Windows XP).
Follow all the uninstall steps to remove the game from the PC.
Make sure the following directories no longer exists (or are empty):
-C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars ***8211; The Old Republic
-C:\Program Files (x86)\BioWare\Star Wars ***8211; The Old Republic

Note: If you do not see an entry for Star Wars ***8211; The Old Republic in your program list, please try the following...
Click on the Start bar and open up Computer.
Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\BioWare\
Locate the "Uninstall Star Wars ***8211; The Old Republic.exe" file and launch it.
Follow all the uninstall steps, listed above, to remove the game from the PC.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 12-05-2011, 21:54
^
STAR WARS: The Old Republic - Prepare Your SWTOR Client for Early Access and Launch

Yeah, that Uninstall email is full of ****. They sent it because some people don't have the newer beta client, so they wanted instructions that could be applied to everyone. Would've been nice if the email mentioned that the Nov. 25th onward builds didn't need to be uninstalled. I bet a lot of people will be needlessly re-downloading a 30 gig client next week.

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 12-06-2011, 04:39
yay. i can't wait to make my bounty hunter merc any suggestions on crew skills i should get. i believe i had armstech, splicing and archeology maybe?

Heimdal
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 12-06-2011, 05:51
If you're going Armstech or Armortech then you want Scavenging instead of Archaeology. Armstech is probably a good choice for a Mercenary. Went Armortech on my Powertech BH and it was pretty useful. The armor you can make is pretty nice.

Underworld Trading is something to consider if you're Armortech. Some of the blue pieces require metals from that. Not sure if Armstech is the same.

Slicing seemed alright. If you can actually get some decent augments out of it then it might be worth it. Generally you barely cover mission costs out of the lock boxes you can send your companion to get. There are safes you can break into around the world that give you fairly small amounts of credits.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 12-06-2011, 08:53
Armstech> scavenging> Investigation
Armormech> scavenging> Underworld Trading

Each craft requires 1 gather for common materials and one mission skill for rare materials in order to fully self sustain the profession. Slicing won't gather materials for any profession, but you can get schematics for cybertech as well as mission discoveries. I had the chance of learning a new mission for scavenging from one of those discoveries. It looked to be two missions in one basically. It cost twice as much to send my companion, and took twice as long and doubled the yield. Not ideal for leveling, but it's great if you're going AFK or logging off, it kinda lets you essentially get in an extra mission without having to be there.

So a good time to get Slicing is may be on an alt. Say your main went armstech, and your new character is armormech... well you'd probably already have scavenging so you could pick up Slicing instead and use your main to farm up the common items for your alt.

Other craft combinations for those interested (craft/common gather/rare gather):

Synthweaving> Archaeology> Underworld Trading
Artifice> Archaeology> Treasure Hunting
Biochem> Bioanalysis> Diplomacy
Cybertech> Scavenging> Underworld Trading

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page Good news if you played the Beta this weekend; you have the release!

Social Website Bullshit