did validuz really go to full sail university or is that a joke? by LogRoller - Page 7 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page did validuz really go to full sail university or is that a joke?
Page 7 of 16
kazan
VeteranXX
Old
121 - 03-07-2011, 01:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
That's also true. Had I known anything about gs or gd.net I would've.

The opportunity came up, and I took it without thinking it through clearly. Young and stupid.
I'm pretty glad I didn't fall into it. It would have been pretty easy to do so.

Sponsored Links
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
122 - 03-07-2011, 01:15
keke

streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
123 - 03-07-2011, 01:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by reZolut View Post
i'm only a lowly honors degree holder with a professional charter

you're right, you're clearly smarter
what charter do you hold? im currently getting chartered but it seems pointless for the money and time i put no one seems to care about certs/chartered things now unless you have experience to match and i dont yet

im still getting the charter but it will not really help me until later in life

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
124 - 03-07-2011, 01:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
so what are you up to now anyway?
Something I enjoy. I get to actually use my natural disposition towards proper aesthetics. I don't even have to work full-time right now. It's pretty much at my leisure, although I'm not making a ton, I'm content.

I don't think I would've enjoyed programming all week as a career, especially with the way programmers are treated at most companies.

Hats off to the guys who do it though (except for the failure java "programmers").

ayz
VeteranXX
Old
125 - 03-07-2011, 01:21
Quote:
Nah, grade-wise, I was fine. I just didn't give enough of a **** back then.
no, you really weren't. the fact that you think "grade wise" you were ok just backs it up

streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
126 - 03-07-2011, 01:22
edit pmed him instead

Last edited by streetwi$e; 03-07-2011 at 01:25..
streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
127 - 03-07-2011, 01:24
see pm

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
128 - 03-07-2011, 01:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Volcanic View Post
I'm pretty glad I didn't fall into it. It would have been pretty easy to do so.
I never got to attend any of the "campus tours" or I definitely wouldn't have gone.

There was a point a couple months in, right after the difficult/early programming classes where we had to take "general education" courses, one being Archetypes and Mythology (or something equally worthless in the long run). We took personality tests, quickly shared the results from person to person around the room and each of us told the class why we came there. When I heard that 80-90% of the guys there wanted to "graduate and immediately become lead game designers" and that they were all a drastically different personality type from me, I knew I ****ed up. I knew if those naive kids/young guys were there over something that idiotic and unrealistic, this wasn't the school for me.

It was an awful day. I didn't want to quit and potentially be ****ed, so I just tried to ignore it. I figured I was just psyching myself out. I had to keep telling myself to just ride it out and finish.

So stupid. What a waste.

ayz
VeteranXX
Old
129 - 03-07-2011, 01:25
who the **** is this streetwise kid

Tom Bombadill
VeteranXV
Old
130 - 03-07-2011, 01:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetwi$e View Post
where u go to school at age 18 has a lot to do with your parents and social/family environment

even if your smart you can be in the wrong direction, **** happens most people regret what they picked at age 18, no one will admit it though

i respect people like ayz that went to duke and had their act together but ayz is also asian and probably had a strong family network pushing him

val from what he says was basically left on his own

im not an eknight for val im just being realistic about it, if he admits it was a mistake then fine his biggest error was trying to pass it off as a real degree and lieing about his "other" degree

it would also help if val was not such a douche on a regular basis
There is alot of malice in these kinds of threads. On one hand you have a bunch of posters wanting to make Val feel embarrassed and ****ty. On the other hand you have Val who desperately wants to defend himself.

No love

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
131 - 03-07-2011, 01:27
Quote:
Gave development = game programming = C++/C#. Not design. Or at least, not when I attended.

Harvard is $160k vs 50k. Don't know exactly what math you're using, but of course, this is coming from the fat loser who had half-naked anime/pedophile images in his sig that he meticulously placed his name on over 400 of them to show everyone what a basement-dwelling loser he is.
You can't distinguish facts from obvious exaggeration.

This is why you went to Full Sail and not a real university.

Also, it's funny that I know more about your school than you do.

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
132 - 03-07-2011, 01:29
btw data isn't fat

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
133 - 03-07-2011, 01:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayz View Post
no, you really weren't. the fact that you think "grade wise" you were ok just backs it up
Vast majority of the grades were A's. Rarely did I get a B. I never studied once or did a single piece of homework (which counted towards your grade at my HS). I used to sleep in class (except for maybe 1-2 teachers that weren't excruciating to listen to) or just altogether not go due to the crazy headaches I'd get.

Learning was never an issue for me. The problem I think was a lack of motivation.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
134 - 03-07-2011, 01:30
BTW Code4 is a handsome gentleman.

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
135 - 03-07-2011, 01:31
everyone already knows that data

pancaketitties
Veteran
Old
136 - 03-07-2011, 01:31
little known fact: mitsu went to full sail

foam party education ftw

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
137 - 03-07-2011, 01:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadill View Post
There is alot of malice in these kinds of threads. On one hand you have a bunch of posters wanting to make Val feel embarrassed and ****ty. On the other hand you have Val who desperately wants to defend himself.

No love
I don't need to defend myself. I only respect 2-3 posters' opinions on the entire forum.

If I was even remotely accepted by the vast majority of you, I'd know I was doing something wrong. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
You can't distinguish facts from obvious exaggeration.

This is why you went to Full Sail and not a real university.

Also, it's funny that I know more about your school than you do.
Ah, gotcha. Whenever you get caught in a lie, pretend it was just exaggeration. 10-4, anime pedophile.

reZolut
VeteranXV
Old
138 - 03-07-2011, 01:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayz View Post
who the **** is this streetwise kid
hint: serial rapist

streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
139 - 03-07-2011, 01:31
ugh no

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
140 - 03-07-2011, 01:31
Yeah but I'm the king of redundancy.

Wow you guys post ****ing fast...

Page 7 of 16

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page did validuz really go to full sail university or is that a joke?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
and im stuck or something , cumming on validuz , falhawk; new bifocals , full sail university , hill rage , piece of shit hill , poor , too stupid to understand , validerp , validouche , validurrr , validuz = idiot , whooping in your asshole