[T1] The Link Thread

beta != demo

close enough to save me $49.99 plus tax.

It plays like another generic Unreal Engine based shooter but that's not it's real problem, they "borrowed" from so many other games but the implementation just isn't fun.

Playing as a heavy in Tribes is faster flowing than playing in this game.

This game is more like Planetside then Tribes. Its obviously taken a lot of the tactical aspects from games like Tribes but I always miss the smooth movement, speed and skiing from Tribes. The jets just pogo boost you in the air. Then again I tried this on my laptop which isnt really optimized for this type of game. Plus there is something about the Unreal engine physics that I just hate. Compared to ID engines or Torque Unreal engines feel so skittish ugh.

[T1] Need patches 1.0-1.11 or 1.0-1.05 , 1.05-1.11

Anybody have these hanging around they can set up on sendspace for me? Thanks EDIT:: 1.0-1.105,1.105-1.11

thanks guys, i now officially own a authentic tribes 1 cd from 1998...I did a fresh install and im am going to do the updates and get ready to enjoy some cd music. It is exciting. however, i have been set back a little bit. My video card fried in my desktop, so all i have now is a laptop that cant handle tribes. So, i wont be playing for quite another while, i would imagine.

I just use a more modern install and play the cd music with winamp tribes controls but yea that doesn't pick the track based on the map. Cool beans though.

Section 8 is fun but not for long... Nowhere near as fun as Tribes. I even like TV and Legions better =P

Not enouph weapons, no deployables, jetpack is fail, overdrive mechanic is fail, no armor types,etc..

oh you can have the tribes feeling... for like 4-7 seconds. here's how=

hold forward 4 sec> enter overdrive> jump> hold jetpack 3 secs> shoot rocket launcher at random noOB on the ground and pretend it's a Spinfuser> throw grenade at same time> freefall while CGing.

Section 8 is fun, but I'm not going to buy it. I've already seen speedhackers zooming around the map knifing everything in sight... and it's just the beta. I also don't see how this game is going to do well when COD MW2 is comes out in a short while.

It feels like the game is missing something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. The beta was really fun for me, though, just not fun enough to warrant a buy.

Back