[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

selective censorship is also a religious right idea and what they want

i pointed this out to you with a that poorly chosen television meme

do you understand ?

No..you changed your tune. You were just saying censorship was a "conservative ideal" on that television meme and I said otherwise.

Also bleeping out a few words is quite different than trying to erase a show from even being viewed.

Do you understand that?

Does it matter who? Ok let's really dig into that.

BLM ->DNC -> Pandering Networks (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Google, Turner, NBC, ABC, CNN)

you think the reason you cant show tits or say fuck on tv rn is because of SJW culture?

You can show tits and say fuck on TV. Even on network television it's no longer taboo to use language that was once considered off limits. The rules are also less strict outside of primetime viewing hours (because of the children!). And I agree 100% that those levels of established control are essentially entirely driven by the religious right and profamily groups.

Now it's far more prolific to see left leaning groups demanding organizations remove problematic episodes, cancel programs they don't like, attack advertisers, and insist old movies be edited or removed. I see people telling me I can't see something at all as more of an issue than groups demanding when or where I am allowed to see something, but at least I understand that both exist. I'd rather neither did.

Yes it does matter differently when our government does things vs private companies making business decisions

Does it? How so? It sounds like you're just switching your tune on censorship based purely on the ideology driving it. Censorship is only bad if it's strictly conservatives pushing government legislation but not liberals bullying private industry? In either case it's a group demanding control over what I can see or read. I don't care what their motivations are.

The federal government doesn't involve itself with censorship, those are self regulating bodies within the film and television industries. The FCC doesn't get involved with prior restraint. They lay out rules, and will fine, or pull licenses for violations, but leaves the censorship to the corporations. Pulling a TV show that otherwise follows the FCC rules is a complete corporate decision.

I'd rather that neither exist. Not switching my tune on it.
I was pointing out that a meme posted to lampoon sjw censorship was more apropos of criticizing christian conservatism censorship.

And, yes it matters more when our government censors and controls because I believe businesses should have the freedom to express whatever they see fit.

To your mind which ideology has more cultural control over what regulatory decisions those businesses are currently making?

I'd rather that neither exist. Not switching my tune on it.
I was pointing out that a meme posted to lampoon sjw censorship was more apropos of criticizing christian conservatism censorship.

And, yes it matters more when our government censors and controls because I believe businesses should have the freedom to express whatever they see fit.

:lol:

how is that more appropriate to "Christian Conservative censorship"?

Rewind 10+ years prior to the snowflake generation SJW's etc when Christian Conservatism was more powerful and back 20 years prior to that was even more. Odd that Blazing Saddles was airing on TV back then but now it's a 'Christian Conservative Censorship"? hah

The federal government doesn't involve itself with censorship, those are self regulating bodies within the film and television industries. The FCC doesn't get involved with prior restraint. They lay out rules, and will fine, or pull licenses for violations, but leaves the censorship to the corporations. Pulling a TV show that otherwise follows the FCC rules is a complete corporate decision.

The federal government doesn't involve itself with censorship... until it does

The FCC is a government organization that actively sets the country's rules for decency, obscenity, and profanity.

"I know it when I see it" is still the guiding principle that allows this government organization to (read:scoob) SELECTIVELY CENSOR

The FCC is a government organization that actively sets the country's rules for decency, obscenity, and profanity.

"I know it when I see it" is still the guiding principle that allows this government organization to (read:scoob) SELECTIVELY CENSOR

You are not paying attention: FCC sets a certain guideline, that is the extent of their reach and it isn't heavy handed.

Yes it does matter differently when our government does things vs private companies making business decisions

There are a limited number of network tv spaces available for us airwaves. Time to review and revoke licences that the globalist dictator communists managed to procure.

Which of those rules for decency, obscenity, and profanity were dictated entirely by conservative ideology? Can you realistically separate them from a larger group of "people with kids" or advertiser friendly mentality? I know what authoritarian religious people want off the air, but I don't think they have the cultural power to get their way anymore. I do think the authoritarian left does. Frankly it seems like they are a much more viable threat to force the FCC to set new rules for censorship, and to dictate to private companies what they are and are not allowed to show if they don't want their businesses to be hurt.

I'm not sure if you just don't see it that way, or if you don't believe the left can be authoritarian, but you seem to be fighting against the concept that any censorship is bad.

To your mind which ideology has more cultural control over what regulatory decisions those businesses are currently making?

Are you trying to assert that sjw hold more regulatory authority than the government?

If you remove the word regulatory and ask me which ideology currently prevails over the cultural zeitgeist of entertainment it's obviously progressive leaning.

Back