4.0.1 THoughts (Fuck someone else make a thread :s)

I think I might pick up priest as my cata main. Disc is pretty fun with the new offensive synergy to it. Trying to decide between that or feral dru/resto dru/holy pal.

99ff35d3.jpg

:(

Yeah I am kicking myself constantly for not spending my 900 or so (stone keeper? can't remember) pts on WG heirloom weapons. My lock alt could sure use a Staff of Jordan that doesn't cost more than an entire suit of 245 pvp gear (or half suit of 251+).

I have no idea what class to play in cata. My rogue feels slightly gimped in Ass and sort of fun in sub, my sham feels pretty much the same in enh and super boring in resto, my DK is fun as hell in frost and kinda fun tanking, my mage is hilarious in fire, I dunno.

I mean I'll probably be leveling them all eventually; it's just settling on one. Probably DK so I can dps solo and tank for instant queues. That or shammy for same reason (apparently enh will tank? (plus resto as well))

Speaking of heirlooms, i had no idea that they would cost 4 times as much than they did post-patch. I am a sad panda =[

If you had the stomach to grind out Crusader with the Argent Tournament they cost the same number of Champion Writs they did pre-patch. It's an alternative for you if you want to bank your points for whatever reason.

I'm just glad I grinded out all the triumph badges to fully gear out the Goblin Rogue I'm starting in Cata.

What were Triumph badges good for anyways? Gems and that's it?

If you had the stomach to grind out Crusader with the Argent Tournament they cost the same number of Champion Writs they did pre-patch. It's an alternative for you if you want to bank your points for whatever reason.

It took me 3 days roughly to go from honored to exalted with all factions for Crusader doing starting zone quests.

It was a lot easier than I thought it'd be.

Taken from arenajunkies

Sorry if this was already posted here somewhere, but I just found out about this fix for the disapearing nameplates bug and wanted to share the information!

Just type this console command in game:
/console bloattest 1

This are some other commands for the nameplates:
/console spreadnameplates [0, 1] - Makes nameplates overlap.
/console bloatnameplates [0, 1] - Makes nameplates larger depending on threat percentage.
/console bloatthreat [0, 1] - Makes nameplates resize depending on threat gain/loss. Only active when a mob has multiple units on its threat table.

Yeah I am kicking myself constantly for not spending my 900 or so (stone keeper? can't remember) pts on WG heirloom weapons. My lock alt could sure use a Staff of Jordan that doesn't cost more than an entire suit of 245 pvp gear (or half suit of 251+).

Not really sure if this was posted, but seems you can buy full 264 stuff without a rating now. It says you need rating but you can still buy it, the only restriction is the shoulders it seems.

Speaking of heirlooms, i had no idea that they would cost 4 times as much than they did post-patch. I am a sad panda =[

It does kind of suck. But like everything else(including class balances you cry babies), they changed it for level 85 content. By that time the cost will be the same. :)

Anyone else having problems with the Esc key as well? Before, if you say had a random BG pop and you had an enemy targeted, Esc would de-target the enemy. Now it will auto-close the window. I'm tripping over this constantly :(

Why does Rockbiter exist if they aren't trying to find a way for situational shammy tanking?

Not really sure if this was posted, but seems you can buy full 264 stuff without a rating now. It says you need rating but you can still buy it, the only restriction is the shoulders it seems.

Holy fuck Feannag you're actually right. I just bought 264 weapons for all my chars :D

Back