hello ******s how do you think this will do for ratting by Artemis Pockels - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page hello ******s how do you think this will do for ratting
Page 1 of 2
Artemis Pockels
VeteranX
Old
1 - 10-30-2007, 01:52
on a phoon

lows
Large Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Armor Thermic Hardener I
Armor Thermic Hardener I
Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Armor Kinetic Hardener I

mids
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Stasis Webifier I
100MN Afterburner II

highs
'Malkuth' Siege Missile Launcher I
Dual 425mm AutoCannon I
Dual 425mm AutoCannon I
Dual 425mm AutoCannon I
Dual 425mm AutoCannon I

probably with juggernaut torps and titanium sabot in the acs

Sponsored Links
Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 10-30-2007, 02:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis Pockels View Post
on a phoon

lows
Large Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Armor Thermic Hardener I
Armor Thermic Hardener I
Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Armor Kinetic Hardener I

mids
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Stasis Webifier I
100MN Afterburner II

highs
Dual 425mm AutoCannon I
Dual 425mm AutoCannon I
Dual 425mm AutoCannon I
Dual 425mm AutoCannon I

probably with juggernaut torps and titanium sabot in the acs

That is the worst setup I have ever seen.

Just kidding, I have no idea.

xi'Vexus
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 10-30-2007, 02:54
I rat in Tenal a ton. I only use a Typhoon.
This fitting works great against Guristas Pirates because :

A. guns are almost worthless. most battles are at too much range for your ACs, and your torps will be enough to melt all the battleships. cruiser and frigates can be popped in seconds with Vespa or Wasp drones. the bay is big enough for 5 of each, which is perfect. personally I use Vespa IIs because I like how fast they zip around.

B. Ratting is about making money, which means not losing your ship in the process. You need some tools to break and escape should you get caught by suprise. The two energy neuts will pretty much **** up any frigate or cruiser trying to lock you down. A smartbomb to **** up any webber drones that may have landed on you, and a cloak is a cloak, duh.

Be smart, make money, don't die.

Last edited by xi'Vexus; 10-30-2007 at 03:04..
haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 10-30-2007, 09:33
He'll be in Fade mostly. If you rat in 8qm, or some of the other low true-sec systems, most the rats will come to you. Most engagements happen at 15km or less, so those AC's will be awesome.

BUT, you'll need to do some things to make the AC's worth it. One, you'll need LOTS of ammo. So, acquiring 3-4 GIANT secure containers, anchoring them in a safe spot (there's an anchor button and a skill, if you 'launch for self' and dont 'anchor', you'll lose the can). Then, load up on TONS of ac ammo (kin/therm for serp's) in all those cans (so you can drop off loot, and load up on ammo at teh same time)

When all those cans fill up, take a hauler out to the cans and empty them out. You'll make tons of ISK if you save/melt hte right mods (excluding the faction loot I got, I made 200million off of my last 6 giant cans full of crap, about 10hours or less of ratting...not including 100mill in bounties)

Helado
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 10-30-2007, 11:55
While you'll lose the DPS of the AC's, might want to think about a cloak/salvager/tractor in the highs. Just more crap you can save up and sell.

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 10-30-2007, 14:26
I has a domi with wasp IIs for ratting in Fade

FOG|Adrenaline
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 10-30-2007, 15:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasic View Post
I has a domi with wasp IIs for ratting in Fade
Could you post the setup for that? I'm trying to decide on getting a Domi or Megathron right now for ratting in Fade. I can only afford one and plan on doing plenty of ratting to make money to buy the other since I think Domi will be better for ratting and Megathron for PVP.

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 10-30-2007, 15:56
Im the domi master.

4x Mega Blasters (Neutrons if they can fit) 1x Tractor Beam (Super, Super, Super Useful) 1x Salvager (good money there)
- Dont be afraid to skip salvaging and go with TWO tractor beams. You'll be surprised how fast you can loot collect--towing two cans as you AB towards the third BS is ****ign HAWT!!

1x 100mn AB 4x Cap Rechargers (Cap Rech II's are ungodly, well worth it)

1x LAR 3x Hardeners for you (prolly 2x Therm, 1x kin)

After that, you're probably going to need either A) Some Power Grid mods to fit the blasters and B) Some speed mods to help speed up turnaround time (Nano's and Inertia stabs 4tw)

Wasp and Vespa drones for Fade rats. Wasp's for any BS spawns, Vespa's when its just BC's and cruisers...Guardian 'thoraxes' (prolly deimos') are a ***** with meds though.

As I state to everyone, anchor (dont just lauch, you have to 'anchor' the can when its in space, requires anchoring level I) 2+ giant secure cans in a safe spot somewhere in your favorite system. Carry only enough ammo to last you till your cargo hold is full (avoiding cap booster charges btw) and unload the loot (about 3 belts of rats fills ya up) and reload your blasters from teh cans.

<10 hours netted me 100mill+ in bounties (fade rats, yay!) 200mill in normal mods, and 750mill in faction loot. (dont count on the faction loot, btw) You'll need to refine the junk mods, and bring the good mods + high end minerals to empire for sale. I stop ratting and make an empire run when I can fill a single Giant Secure Can with mins + good loot...sticking it into a sigil for transport (excellent tier1 amarr industrial)

It sounds like alot, but engaging in teh process is pretty fun. And ever since eve-central.com came online, its ****ign SUPER EASY identifying mods that are worth a damn (250k+ or active hardeners is my floor)

Last edited by haniblecter; 10-30-2007 at 16:00..
FOG|Adrenaline
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 10-30-2007, 16:00
thanks!

Helado
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
10 - 10-30-2007, 16:14
I hate you ******s that get faction rats that actually drop loot. I'd be surprised if I've made over 200 million on every faction spawn I've ever gotten total.

Phalanx
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
11 - 10-30-2007, 16:26
the nicest faction item i have ever received was a shadow serpentis tracking computer ~30 mil, which comes to a total of ~30 + (whatever 3000 rounds of guristas large iron and 3 tags go for aka nothing)

woo yea

NAT Mav
TW Racing++
Old
12 - 10-30-2007, 17:02
I got a Shadow Blaster Battery Blueprint last night.

FOG|Adrenaline
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 10-30-2007, 17:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by haniblecter View Post
Wasp and Vespa drones for Fade rats. Wasp's for any BS spawns, Vespa's when its just BC's and cruisers...Guardian 'thoraxes' (prolly deimos') are a ***** with meds though.
Can someone elaborate on the number of suggested drones of each type? Minimum number of Wasps then fill the rest with Vespas? 9 Wasp? 15 Vespa?

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 10-30-2007, 17:40
My best faction drop is a low-grade snake epsilon, about 350 mil

Barry got a LG snake Omega, around 500 mil last week

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 10-30-2007, 18:32
10 Heavy
10 Medium
5 Light, I use explosive, in case an inty tackles me.

You can make folders for all your drones, dont forget. And use kinetic.

Artemis Pockels
VeteranX
Old
16 - 10-31-2007, 00:50
what about this fit for a cane

lows
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Armor Thermic Hardener I

mids
Cap Recharger I
Cap Recharger I
Stasis Webifier I
10MN MicroWarpdrive I

highs
'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I
'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I

xi'Vexus
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 10-31-2007, 04:34
Damn you guys with the close-range Serpentis rats.

I warp in to a belt, and seconds later they are full speed in the opposite direction. And god forbid I warp in to a belt with them at like 80k already, such a pain.

Regarding the OP, you could probably use AC's on Serpentis that are going to try to be butt buddies with you up close. I would probably go with the same setup in the screenshot anyways, just because it's such a pain to deal with the ammo on rats that are going to die pretty damn fast anyways.

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 10-31-2007, 05:57
Their ECM is sensor damps too...lotta good they do when they close with their blasters.

Weeee.

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 11-13-2007, 11:28
domis are easy mode.

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 11-13-2007, 12:13
Artemis will be ratting in serpentis territory, so the AC's are actually prefered over arty's.

The setup looks great, I'd go with 650's if I were you though, and use medium drones for anything cruiser or smaller.

Get rid of the DCU and possibly the gyro. The DCU says you expect to be going into hull frequently, and you'll not be if you stay on the repper. 2x of each may be too much, but I'd stick with it if you have newbie skills.

I'd reccomend putting a nanofiber or two in the lows, faster loot collection and turnaround will do wonders. You might even consider dropping a turret and putting a tractor beam. You're time in belts will be shortened more than if you have that muich more dps from a nother turret.

The gyro is only helping half your damage, a nanofiber, inertia stab would increase your speed and closing time, givng you more DPS in an encounter. But, that's really up to you and what true sec (-.01 - -1.0) you'll be ratting in.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page hello ******s how do you think this will do for ratting

Social Website Bullshit