Neato Hauling Tip

adrian ng

Veteran XX
After you have outfitted your hauler with expanders, AB etc...

buy some giant containers and stick in as many as possible.

I have increased my capacity by 50 %.

Ya, cargo containers have an interesting property of holding more than their volume. The only catch is that it's only good for things you can break up easily; the trick won't do you any good moving a 6km3 ship.

Adrian, what hauler did you do this to? I have a hard time believing you increased your capacity 50% with just containers.

You will only get an extra 900m3 per can, but it is a neat little trick. I've been doing it for round about a week now. Remdinds me that I've left one of my GSC's out in 3-1 in l-c307... ;p

I can only carry one can at a time when I have 3 WCS's equipped, but I can carry 3 of them with full cargo expanders... ;p

If you're in the hauling business, one of the faster "research" methods is using the set destination - add waypoint method of determining which goods are the most profitable to haul.

When you find a really cheap seller in a commodity, set it as your destination. Then, go through all the high buyers, "set waypoint[ing]" all those until you find a haul that has the fewest number of jumps from the cheap seller to the high buyer.

If you need a quick infusion of cash, hauling is always nice since missions can take a while to develop (get up to lvl 3 for bling bling rewards)

Back