I got poded

-Mac-

Veteran XX
So I was trading tonight and this mother fucker who was wanted in the system caught me and poded me... There went my nice indy and alot of $ I invested in its upgrades..... Now I am reconsidering subscribing tomorow.

You recover suprisingly fast. This has happened to me.

Tips:
ALWAYS fully insure your ship
Stay out of red secs (especially when recovering)
Make sure you always leave a buffer when buying cargo so you can recover

It's going to happen, it's just a matter of when. Prepare for it.

Last edited:
Once you play more the losses you had during first months feel nothing. I lost many cruisers during first months and 5 battlecruisers before getting my BS. Most of these losses i could have avoided easily.

Never undock anything you cannot afford to lose.

it happens.. i played eve beta.. got my thorax for 3 days and got poded. Then quit for 3 weeks. came back played for over a month got a megathorn, got poded. Quit again for a long time, came back after this new update, worked my ass off for another megathorn, had mega for 3 days--- got poded. I quit eve perma now.

i play the game acknowledging the looming threat of being podkilled is always there and if i lose my shit it was my own fault for suckin

We need a posse! A Hitlist hunting POSSE!.... oh man... that would be so awesome. But we'd need... like an army. An army of NINJA WIZARDS!..... and Bears, Bears!... oh, man... that would be so fuckin awesome.

What?

-Mac- said:
True it is part of the game I am just bitter right now.

Yeah.. Dude. I know how it feels. When my ship got blown to bits I was fucking pissed, infact, I did what you did, said fuck this and didn't re subscribe.. Now I am back.

If I sticked with the 2months that I didn't quit I would be in a hella alot better situation.

Take my advice, learn from my experience, you'll get back up, keep it up man just keep going.

stay out of .4 and below unless you really know what yer doin...

if you travel it alot make insta-jump bookmarks and carry MWDs... also pay attention to the map for "ships destroyed in the last hour" setting under stars in display...

if you see a giant bulls-eye dont go there...

as for losses on expensive ships yes it sucks and ruins yer day pretty fast...

always have a ship and way you can make cash fast with and use it to create a buffer in case you lose ships... its what ya need... take myself\

I lost 2 Apocs in the last WEEK alone one due to a gate camp and one during a failed Teedub op... i lost easily 200 mil even tho they were insured, but you keep going always insure so you can get a new ship and stick with something you can make cash at...

if you are good at level 3 missions they can make alot of cash fast.

One of your corp member was fighting a BS wich got lost in your sector yesterday, I joined him and soon after a lot of other members and we killed that bitch. it was in 0.2 space so anyway after the battle I wanted to get back to your station since we expected the other corp comes with a few BS but of course I forgott that Im flagged and warped to the jump gate.- BOOM - the turrents killed my in 5sec and I lost my destroyer with 6 turrets

I did escape with the pod though and after i jumped to my corp gang they where like "wtf why are you pod?", they had a great laugh when i told them what happened.
but the real great thing about this is that I had insured my ship (100%) and a member of your corp donated me 1mil right after he heared about the accident, another one warped back and collected the rest of my ship and gave it to me when we arived at the station later (we had to hide some time cause they where realy angry =) and waited with about 6BS and 4indys for us )

gotta love that game

Last edited:
I got podded Sunday night but I was in a dinky Merlin Frigate, no big loss. The bad thing is I safely warped to a nearby moon when they jumped their little fleet in. Unfortunately I couldn't stay at my computer so I had to go AFK, to take my girlfriend home. When I came back I was back at my home station again. Lots of fun though.

Explain to me what this means? I've never played the game and probably won't. If your ship is destroyed, you go into some sort of escape pod that they can kill you too? And if you're in a pod, how do you get back to wherever you're going?

you can buy clones of yourself at stations so If someone kills your pod your clone will be activated and you will spawn as the pod in the station where the clone is located.

Back