38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus" by Evil Engineer - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page 38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus"
Page 5 of 22
groundzero
VeteranXX
Old
81 - 09-01-2008, 17:48
you ****ed up

Sponsored Links
DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
82 - 09-01-2008, 17:48
Well, if you want people who won't grovel or kiss ass this is the place to come.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
83 - 09-01-2008, 17:48
We're straight shooters with upper management written all over us.

Thetar
Veteran++
Old
84 - 09-01-2008, 17:49
rays > red sox

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
85 - 09-01-2008, 17:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vir View Post
There isn't any evidence of anything other than high fantasy being what people want. City of heroes fail, Matrix online fail, Anarchy online fail, whatever that stupid futuristic one with the strippers fail. The majority wants what they can immediately recognize.

Not to say high fantasy can't fail, just a much bigger chance breaking from the norm.
Could have sworn SWG (at least until sony ****ed it up) and COH did fairly well. If you compare the percentage of ****ty fantasy MMOs to the percentage of ****ty non-fantasy MMOs I think they'd probably be about the same.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Eve is doing pretty well.

Last edited by FalseMyrmidon; 09-01-2008 at 17:53..
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
86 - 09-01-2008, 17:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Well, if you want people who won't grovel or kiss ass this is the place to come.
pfft. This is the most ass-kissingest community out there. This thread is now going to explode simply because he's posting.

dionysus
VeteranX
Old
87 - 09-01-2008, 17:52
I haven't played an MMO since EQ, and I doubt I will again. WoW was to simple, DAoC was alright, but nothing has grabbed me since EQ.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
88 - 09-01-2008, 17:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrig38 View Post
90+% of the MMO community plays Fantasy based MMO's. I love fantasy.

I spent 23 years making stupid money and saving. I did all that and decided this would be our next ride, staking pretty much everything I'd made over that 23 years.

I sure as HELL wasn't going to make a game that I couldn't be passionate, excited and in love with from day 1 through the end. That wasn't going to happen in a western, sci-fi or some other genre, it was going to be fantasy.

Bottom line is I put my money where my mouth is, and sometime in the next 5-10 years I'll know whether I made a mistake or not.

I'm pretty comfortable saying I didn't, today, now.
Fair enough, it would be pretty damn stupid to try to make a game that you didn't like yourself. Wish the industry would move beyond fantasy and get into some other settings though :/.

Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 09-01-2008, 17:53
i like the comment about the fantasy world being "stale" when books go back decades. that makes me laugh.

im interested mostly because i grew up reading a few of salvatores novels. what year did his son graduate from tufts? a few wow guildies graduated from there last year, would be interesting if they knew him...

and yeah, to curt (i guess) dont come here expecting to change anyone's minds or get any rave reviews unfortunately. this place is a cold, dark wasteland of anger and criticism lol.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 09-01-2008, 17:56
and that's just what developers want. so much more useful than someone who says your game is amazing nothing is wrong with it

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
91 - 09-01-2008, 17:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
pfft. This is the most ass-kissingest community out there. This thread is now going to explode simply because he's posting.
Please don't, I don't need it. The thread doesn't as well.
I'd ask two things, and you don't have to honor either, but I'll ask.
1) Don't kiss butt because it adds nothing to potential good conversation and;
2) Kissing butt brings out the other extremist, the ones who'll say anything and call me anything just to be in the 'opposing camp' and be allowed to say "I don't kiss anyone's ass" for the sake of saying it.

I post here, FOH, F13 and a few other places when I have time, to chat about gaming and MMO's and 38. If you aren't interested in them, or hate me, don't click on the threads.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
92 - 09-01-2008, 17:58
If I was a game designer... by Data - TribalWar Forums

I need to find a way to make people give me money and hire programmers for me.

Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
93 - 09-01-2008, 17:58
to vir:

no, youre right. but in the same point youre wrong. case in point - T:V dev team thinking this place would give ample feed back to correct ongoing mistakes throughout development :p

HeLLrAiSr
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 09-01-2008, 17:58
You beat my yankees asswipe i hate you

edit: no i dont care how rich you are\

edit2: people here aren't as nice as other forums, you'll learn that. tbh this might be the most honest forum you'll find on the internet

Last edited by HeLLrAiSr; 09-01-2008 at 18:06..
Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
95 - 09-01-2008, 17:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrig38 View Post
2) Kissing butt brings out the other extremist, the ones who'll say anything and call me anything just to be in the 'opposing camp' and be allowed to say "I don't kiss anyone's ass" for the sake of saying it.

If you aren't interested in them, or hate me, don't click on the threads.
You must be new here. Welcome to Tribalwar, we do that stuff no matter what.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
96 - 09-01-2008, 18:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
to vir:

no, youre right. but in the same point youre wrong. case in point - T:V dev team thinking this place would give ample feed back to correct ongoing mistakes throughout development :p
They listened to us on all the retarded points (grabbler) and ignored us on all the good points (skiing being off, needing working dedicated servers, etc)

dionysus
VeteranX
Old
97 - 09-01-2008, 18:02
I'm still wondering how we get any new members at all. This is a ten year old forum dedicated to a game no one plays.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
98 - 09-01-2008, 18:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
i like the comment about the fantasy world being "stale" when books go back decades. that makes me laugh.

im interested mostly because i grew up reading a few of salvatores novels. what year did his son graduate from tufts? a few wow guildies graduated from there last year, would be interesting if they knew him...

and yeah, to curt (i guess) dont come here expecting to change anyone's minds or get any rave reviews unfortunately. this place is a cold, dark wasteland of anger and criticism lol.
I have a few WWII games I think you might be interested in kind sir.

Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
99 - 09-01-2008, 18:08
list em off

SuperNova
VeteranXX
Old
100 - 09-01-2008, 18:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
I'm still wondering how we get any new members at all. This is a ten year old forum dedicated to a game no one plays.
bingo. i myself was wondering how he actually came about our little place on the tubes of the interweb... we don't usually have anyone show up of his stature around here anymore; not since tribes vengeance at least.

Page 5 of 22

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page 38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus"

Social Website Bullshit