[Religion] Here's your chance, TW... by FngrBANG - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Religion] Here's your chance, TW...
Page 3 of 5
FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
41 - 10-04-2009, 01:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post
fngr you're babbling and really going off on a tangent
#1 It's my thread...

#2 don't even suggest that I'm the one going off on a tangent about a Cosmological topic recently discussed in Scientific American that most of you dickwads are attempting to discredit--vis a vis your typical sh*t-slinging of a fellow TWr.
(i.e. GOING OFF ON A TANGENT).

Sponsored Links
-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 10-04-2009, 01:57
Look at me! I want to accept science, but then abandon it once it threatens my religious and spiritual views!
Way to wiki something fngr.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 10-04-2009, 01:57
someone brought up the oscillating universe and you vented that we can't accept that the big bang was thought up by a christian

is that not tangential

kazan
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 10-04-2009, 01:58
Quote:
DV to play devil's advocate that can't be true can it

because otherwise the night sky would be blindingly bright

after enough of a distance the intensity of the light reaching us becomes infinitesimally small

(i posit that fngrbang is right but for the wrong reason)
Well, technically, the furthest reaches of the universe are already moving away from us at faster c already. But that is a relative measure, the space between earth and those galaxies is increasing, while the actual movement of the galaxies is much slower, but the end result is what it is. In 13 billion years or so, those masses have gone moved from 13 billion light years in distance to somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 to 50 billion light years. But, because the space-time is stretching, and expanding, the light shift from those stars will continue to reach us from their previous distance constantly, with an every increasing rate of redshift occurring. And yes, at some point the light will become infinitesimally small. But at that point, entropy would be encroaching very fast.

Gmankuza
VeteranXV
Old
45 - 10-04-2009, 02:02
no one knows for sure how or what would have cause the current big bang. And who says the next one has to start at the same location? maybe they are imploding, exploding at different points all over the universe. Maybe there are more then one phenomenon that can create a big bang. How the **** do any of you expect to know any of these answers? It's all theory, but at least it's not ****ing "make believe" like your god is.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
46 - 10-04-2009, 02:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Volcanic View Post
Well, technically, the furthest reaches of the universe are already moving away from us at faster c already. But that is a relative measure, the space between earth and those galaxies is increasing, while the actual movement of the galaxies is much slower, but the end result is what it is. In 13 billion years or so, those masses have gone moved from 13 billion light years in distance to somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 to 50 billion light years. But, because the space-time is stretching, and expanding, the light shift from those stars will continue to reach us from their previous distance constantly, with an every increasing rate of redshift occurring. And yes, at some point the light will become infinitesimally small. But at that point, entropy would be encroaching very fast.
that still doesn't address the fact that if all light reached us in some form of a red shift that the night sky would be lit up in every direction

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
47 - 10-04-2009, 02:04
Did you know technically black holes do emit radiation and they will at some point explode themselves into nothingness.
Go craziness!

Lucien1964
VeteranXX
Old
48 - 10-04-2009, 02:05
Yawn

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 10-04-2009, 02:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=TTC=-Serpreme View Post
Did you know technically black holes do emit radiation and they will at some point explode themselves into nothingness.
Go craziness!

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
50 - 10-04-2009, 02:07
**** you.

kazan
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 10-04-2009, 02:07
Quote:
that still doesn't address the fact that if all light reached us in some form of a red shift that the night sky would be lit up in every direction
No it wouldn't.

Every spec of light that was emitted 13 billion years ago, within 13 billion light years, that hasn't been blocked by something like matter or gravity, or whatever other phenomena may be out there to slow or interrupt light, is reaching earth. You are right, some of it is so small that it is next to impossible to detect, but it is there. Just because it isn't reaching it in our visible spectrum with enough intensity for our eyes to see, doesn't mean it isn't reaching us.

Gmankuza
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 10-04-2009, 02:08
I was not talking oscillating universe theory, btw. I'm talking multi-verse with possible multi-bangs. Kind of like me at a bar on the weekend.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 10-04-2009, 02:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjKMhtyI3L8

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
54 - 10-04-2009, 02:21
FngrBANG always makes me think of the fifth panel:

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 10-04-2009, 02:21
Quote:
fngrbang is like that christian apologist who claims to love science and studies it heartily

but then comes up with the strangest conclusions

Sircle
The Man ShowX
Contributor
Old
56 - 10-04-2009, 02:22

Mabelrode
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
57 - 10-04-2009, 07:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by FngrBANG View Post
Today's scientific projection suggests this:

Over the course of several exponentially accumulated millenia our Milky Way will merge with several other galaxies in the Local Group in order to form a "Mega/Super-Galaxy..."

...All the while everything else outside of this "LOCAL" interaction will continue to expand beyond the speed of light (meaning: it will become unobservable).

WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND THIS, TW: TENS OF BILLIONS OF YEARS FROM NOW...

Whatever sentient life form that emerges will never even know that galaxies outside of their own ever even existed.
You've already answered your own question here.
Whatever observes this eventuality will not be human. It will not be us. So, in a nutshell... who gives a ****.

Quote:
No matter how "advanced" this life form becomes their version of the "OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE" will turn out to be radically different from that which we know today...

Do you f*cking get all of that, TW? Tomorrow's life form won't know sh*t by comparison to what all of you ought to know as of right f*cking now. This is what Nature, Cosmology, and Scientific American have all concluded. Dispute them, not me.

Entropy is coming...

F*ck the NON-astrophysical scientific version of ENTROPY; I mean, for Christ's sake, SCIENCE, itself, is nothing more than crude philosophy.
It is thjough our way of understanding all things, and if your philosophy means anything it's the way your God designed us to understand all things. So, did your God **** up, or deliberately deceive as a kind of horrible joke? Or is this what keeps your kids alive?

Quote:
I admire those TW tools who resist acknowledgement of a Supreme Being, no really--I do. It's really tough to acknowledge that you were a Cosmological mistake--a f*cking happenstance; some kind of waste of Nature.
As a polytheist I see things differently than you and all, but, drunk as I also am at this hour I still recognize that the Gods worked WITH the universe, rather than were outside interlopers ****ing **** up for their own personal aggrandizement. Man is not a mistake, he's as vital to everything, if not more, than any other expression of life in our wonderful universe.
Quote:
Of course you think, "A supreme God wouldn't put us/me through all of this mean-spiritedness..."
It's true though that your God is capricious and mean spirited, but insists everyone declare him 'made of love'. Is that his mistake or merely yours? Either way the hollowness of your philosophy is self evident in what it drives it's followers to do, time and again.
Quote:
But seriously, were God to make everything so precisely f*cking perfect for you then how in the Hell would you even know what "EVIL" was?
This belief that Man is God's favored creature yet is so ****ing rife with errors and original fault that he ****s his own relationship with his maker, is your idea, not ours. You loathe yourself but think you are favored above all other life forms simultaneously.

Have another drink.

When Ragnarok comes and all this order needs to be defended with the sacrifice of one's spiritual form, I'll be there while you hide under some pearl-encrusted couch with your homily book.

Last edited by Mabelrode; 10-04-2009 at 07:15..
Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
58 - 10-04-2009, 07:53
dont tell me you're a pagan

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
59 - 10-04-2009, 08:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiint View Post
If you had any understanding of science you would understand why God doesn't exist.
gotta love science tards

Mabelrode
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
60 - 10-04-2009, 09:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Muktar View Post
dont tell me you're a pagan
Correct term is Heathen

guess I won't tell you then.

Page 3 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Religion] Here's your chance, TW...

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anal dog sex , drunken moron , magical sky fairy , mental instability