[Legions] What pissses me off the most by Wish Bear - Page 11 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most
Page 11 of 25
Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
201 - 06-27-2008, 02:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray-Fox(Fake) View Post
good post I agree 100%.
I agree, and any noob that disagrees should be disowned and banned from this forum.

Sponsored Links
Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
202 - 06-27-2008, 04:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFiX View Post
hey, remember that post yesterday where you said there's only a few people that dislike legions ... yeah ... i do too.
Remember that post yesterday where I said there was only a few people ****ting all over Legions constantly (similar to how there's a few of us regularly defending it)?

Reading comprehension for the win.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
203 - 06-27-2008, 04:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_nexus View Post
here I'll let you figure out what part you missed of a previous post that you still are debating into retardation.
Getting an MA =/= scoring consistent MA's. GG.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
204 - 06-27-2008, 04:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryandArturo View Post
I can't tell if this was a response to me or not. When first reading it, it seems like it is. However, it can't be, because I already shut down all of your arguments in the post you appear to be responding to.

Halp.
No, you didn't shut it down.

Many of you do hold Tribes in such high regard it's scary.

You can say Tribes was the epitome of the genre. Okay, cool, it was the best (and only) game of its genre until the sequel came along, which got modded and patched into decency. Yet despite the fact that T2 wasn't perfect out of the box, it still has its fair share of rabid fans. It turned into a pretty damn good game. Who's to say somewhere down the road, something better won't come out? It might not replace the time in your life that you played Tribes in, it might not replace downloading hudbots and scripts to make it considered "playable" by competition teams (I still find it hilarious that people had to change/add on to TEH BEST GAME EVAR so much), and it might not have the same feel to you, but that doesn't mean that when it comes, it won't be a better game.

Legions is a chance to breathe life back into the genre. I enjoy FPS+Z combat in general, even if its not Tribes. When I play Halo 3, I prefer it with low gravity and rockets, just so I can MA people in the face. Generally speaking, jetpacks are a hell of a lot more fun than the AK-47's that 9/10 shooters have. Legions isn't perfect. Hell, it needs a lot of **** before it can be considered "great." But it has a ****load of potential, and until it becomes clear that its potential isn't going to be realized, there's no reason not to support it.

Tribes may be the best FPS+Z game to date. I won't argue with that. But hell, despite its lack of content, the basics of Legions aren't half bad. Despite its shortcomings, I can still jump on and play for a little while and have a legitimately fun time. Tribes is good. I like Tribes. But nobody's ever going to develop anything better than it in this genre if the whole concept of Tribes is regarded as toxic by game developers. Hence myself and others' hoping for Legions' success.

You want to talk delusional? Delusional is the poor ****ers that think T1 with updated graphics would be a success. At least Legions has a chance. Though apparently playing a decent-if-content-lacking game despite it not being as good as T1 qualifies as delusional these days.

You can claim whatever the **** you want. But you're working with opinions, not raw facts, so you haven't "shut down" anything unless you can argue your ****ing opinion well enough to actually convince somebody. Any questions?

Last edited by Rampancy; 06-27-2008 at 05:15..
Tantric Rex
VeteranXV
Old
205 - 06-27-2008, 07:33
Legions sucks.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
206 - 06-27-2008, 07:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantric Rex View Post
Legions sucks.
Cool, everyone on TW will love you now. You're totally part of the in crowd.

Ultrakiller
VeteranX
Old
207 - 06-27-2008, 08:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampancy View Post

You want to talk delusional? Delusional is the poor ****ers that think T1 with updated graphics would be a success. At least Legions has a chance. Though apparently playing a decent-if-content-lacking game despite it not being as good as T1 qualifies as delusional these days.
You are just as delusional if you think legions has a chance of being successful. Outdated graphics plus an already incomplete beta will not work. ****ty graphics would probably work for an already established series, like counter-strike. But tribes has had 3 gos and it did not penetrate the mp market.

And I haven't even seen discussion on the netcode. I always thought the unreal netcode was ****, and always lagged in T:V. I can play CS or TF2 on venezuelan connection pretty good.
Netcode/maps are the most important, and if they want to drag in more people they have to make it n00b friendly like TF2 (the GUI at least). Getting mine disked by some UFO going at 400 mph is frustrating enough.

Tantric Rex
VeteranXV
Old
208 - 06-27-2008, 08:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Cool, everyone on TW will love you now. You're totally part of the in crowd.
It was actually a sarcastic poke at Rampacy or whatever his name is. He has written a book and exhausted himself with replies back to people defending a game that no one will play, imo.

I played t1 from 99 up until t2 came and then I played t2 way past its popularity because they were good games. I know a piece of **** when I see one. I knew T:V was gonna be a piece of **** when I played the demo and it turned out to be one.

I've watched a couple videos of the game play from Legions, it looks half assed. I get the same feeling from it that I got from T:V. Plus the fact that people have played it say it sucks. Thats all I need.

Great if they get loads of player. But it wont be me. I have a hard time believing that game is the limit of a game comapanys/developers imagination.

Last edited by Tantric Rex; 06-27-2008 at 08:26..
Teratos
Veteran5
Old
209 - 06-27-2008, 08:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantric Rex View Post
I knew T:V was gonna be a piece of **** when I played the demo and it turned out to be one.
You just sucked at it, T:V was the greatest game ever.

Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
210 - 06-27-2008, 08:52
I just don't like the movement of Legions, it feels like retarded sister of Tribes.

Because of down-jetting it's probably even more complicated game for beginners than Tribes was, not a good thing considering the long-term popularity of the game.

Tribes 2 Classic was a perfect multiplayer game, when someone re-creates that I'll be back, Legions is not worth my time, but I'm sure some people will find it enjoyable, and it will get better in time for sure, just that changing the movement like that was a stupid thing to do, the fact that it is slightly different does not make it better.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
211 - 06-27-2008, 09:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrakiller View Post
You are just as delusional if you think legions has a chance of being successful. Outdated graphics plus an already incomplete beta will not work. ****ty graphics would probably work for an already established series, like counter-strike. But tribes has had 3 gos and it did not penetrate the mp market.
WUT?! U SAY TRIBES WUZN'T GOOD ENOUGH?!?!?!? LOLZ NOOB

Anyways, I'm not saying Legions will be the best thing since sliced bread, but it has a shot. It's new, pretty easy to get into but hard to master (you can come in as a new player and have fun, but there's a pretty steep learning curve), and more importantly it'll be cheap. The graphics aren't all that great, but they aren't terrible, either. Frames>Overly pretty ****. The game looks good enough, and almost everybody can run it smoothly. If it was a 40-dollar major title, it would have problems, yes, but it's not.

I'll agree that Open Beta came far too soon, though. They haven't added half the **** they were supposed to add first. I still hope that Munge got overridden as far as that decision goes. If not, chalk that up on his list of major ****ups.
Quote:
And I haven't even seen discussion on the netcode. I always thought the unreal netcode was ****, and always lagged in T:V. I can play CS or TF2 on venezuelan connection pretty good.
Netcode/maps are the most important, and if they want to drag in more people they have to make it n00b friendly like TF2 (the GUI at least). Getting mine disked by some UFO going at 400 mph is frustrating enough.
Legions doesn't use the Unreal engine, and doesn't have the unreal netcode. NRs occur infrequently, unless you're using the Laser, in which case you're in for a godawful experience of ****ty registry and scratches for what were supposed to be direct hits. The Laser is something that definitely needs work in Legions. But generally speaking the netcode is excellent, which is why there hasn't been much *****ing about it. Legions also doesn't have mines, and T:V didn't have mine-disks, so I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.

Last edited by Rampancy; 06-27-2008 at 09:21..
Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
212 - 06-27-2008, 09:26
Quote:
Plus the fact that people have played it say it sucks. Thats all I need
Selective reading? You must have skipped over the posts (not by rampancy darklord or I) saying they enjoyed the game.

But hey, if you want nofix and darkstrand to be your source for whats in and what isn't then by all means, join the ****** bandwagon.

Homerpf
VeteranXV
Old
213 - 06-27-2008, 09:48
I just can't believe ded servers and a new map aren't out yet. Been hearing about those 2 things for a few months now.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
214 - 06-27-2008, 09:58
there are ded servers, just not user controlled ded servers afaik.

Tantric Rex
VeteranXV
Old
215 - 06-27-2008, 10:05
Quote:
Selective reading? You must have skipped over the posts (not by rampancy darklord or I) saying they enjoyed the game.

But hey, if you want nofix and darkstrand to be your source for whats in and what isn't then by all means, join the ****** bandwagon.
When it comes to video games I really dont care. I said I watched some demos and it looked gay. The weapons looked ****ing dumb. If it would have looked interesting I would have tried it. But it didnt. And there have only been like 3 or 4 of you saying that you liked it compared to many others saying they didnt.

Plus you said you liked T:V. So i wouldnt trust anything you liked.

If people would have come into the forums raving about the game I would have tried it. Its called word of mouth, it can make or break a game.

Need a poll for the people who like and dont like it.

Last edited by Tantric Rex; 06-27-2008 at 10:09..
Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
216 - 06-27-2008, 10:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerpf View Post
I just can't believe ded servers and a new map aren't out yet. Been hearing about those 2 things for a few months now.
Agreed. I'm getting impatient about this **** too.

"Live development" only works if you actually deliver.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
217 - 06-27-2008, 10:21
Quote:
Plus you said you liked T:V. So i wouldnt trust anything you liked.
Well, I particularly enjoy Vagina, and also titties. Sucks to be you

dweeb
VeteranXV
Old
218 - 06-27-2008, 10:26
I actually played last night to figure out what all the fuss was about, and some guy got an MA on me and said, "Boom! Sky shot! O_o" That was my first negative about the game.

I actually think the skiing is kind of neat. Jet down is actually useful to gain speed (you're and idiot of you don't think so), and setting it up like tribes, I was hitting top speeds no problem. The weapons all seem off to me, I can't really explain it... but after about a half hour, I went and played some T1.

Playing T1, I realized I just think Legions has a lot of work that needs to be done to it. I was dueling in Legions, and it was like two guys bouncing on a trampoline with pea shooters for a good two minutes. It's as easy to lose momentum as it is to gain it, and it just doesn't jive with me. Something was just off about it.

I'm going to give it a couple more shots...

Oh, and people arguing Legions is not trying to be tribes is the most idiotic thing I think I've ever seen... Seriously?

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
219 - 06-27-2008, 10:26
Quote:
So Blitz, whatever happened to that heavy-feeling Legions build you were talking about? The one you hated before you got used to it?

dweeb
VeteranXV
Old
220 - 06-27-2008, 10:28
Quote:
Quick question:

Why is vagina a proper noun?

Page 11 of 25

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anal dog sex , badmofo is faggot , blitz sucks dev cock here , ender has herpes lol , fagmotron , free gon , i snipe cops , kill cops 4 great justice , legions , lolz browser , matthew dewald is fat , nerdvirgins , play in browser , rampancy sucks ia cock , t1>legions pos why play