So apparently the game is dying by Dark Metamorphosis - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page So apparently the game is dying
Dark Metamorphosis
Veteran
Old
1 - 05-25-2012, 13:56
Report: Average Old Republic server has less - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

The title is a bit misleading but it definitely sounds like this is winding down. I left it a while back for Diablo 3 and 3DS.

"Although it launched to great fanfare, it's clear that The Old Republic is struggling. Electronic Arts revealed a startling drop of 25 percent of its subscriber base since launch, and has since announced layoffs at BioWare Austin, the team behind the expensive MMO. But, how dire is the situation, really?

One dedicated fan wanted to find out exactly how many people are on The Old Republic's servers. "What is going to happen when server transfers go live," SWTOR user Scorpienne asked. "How many people are on which servers?"

According to Scorpienne's calculations, the "Total Estimated Worldwide Population of all servers" for the past two weeks is 73,693. That figure simply represents the average number of people logged in at a given time, not the total number of players that have logged in over the two week period. "It's probable that not every player is logged in all the time," the report clarifies.

The most populated server on SWTOR appears to be The Fatman, with an average of 2006 players at any given time. This "theoretical average population" is simply an average however, and Scorpienne notes that it "underestimates the peak population and overestimates the off-peak population." However, with 214 servers currently active, the less popular servers are especially empty. In fact, the average server will have only 344 players at any given time (more for RP PvP, less for PvP).

With players so spaced out, it's clear that server consolidations must happen. No wonder one fan of the game jokingly described The Old Republic as "the best single player game on the market."
"

Sponsored Links
Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 05-27-2012, 23:09
I regret supporting and buying this game, its just lacking so much i don't think it will ever be the game Bioware wants it to be.

Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 05-30-2012, 10:26
Stephen Reid the face of TOR for the most part has been laid off by Bioware... you know this ship is sinking.

Calamari
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 06-02-2012, 13:18
So I'm stuck at home all weekend with the strep throat (or full blown AIDs, not sure which), and was going to see if I could get a trial of this to play with. But from what I've read about lay offs and mergers, and in this thread, it doesn't seem like it would be worth it. You all aware of any decent non-WoW MMOs that offer some free play time?

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 06-03-2012, 02:31
My server is dead, I'm stuck with 3 geared 50's and queues only go about 2 hours a night. Almost everyone on our server rerolled to Fatman, I rolled a Scoundrel and Commando on Fatman, kinda sad to actually pvp you have to reroll.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
6 - 06-03-2012, 02:37
Games biggest problem is the thinly spread population imo. If they condense down from the ridiculous amount of servers they had at launch, it'll stop feeling dead. Its almost a self fulfilling prophecy, people quitting because it feels like everyone has quit.

media_junkie
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 06-04-2012, 09:30
Yeah I got a chance to play some over the weekend and it was a ghost town. Basically impossible to do Flashpoints/PvP due to the lack of people. I play on Darth Brandon server.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page So apparently the game is dying

Social Website Bullshit