Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no? by azuritereaction - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no?
Page 6 of 30
AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
101 - 10-13-2010, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
1.40 has cheats you dumbass. Not only does it have cheats, lasthope can't even detect the cheats.

You obv don't know much about my setup and how easy it is to change font type and font colors.

Its a ****load more customizable than any other config.
I know there are cheats for 1.40 you dumbass. In my point of view 1.30 is easier to hack. More than 1.40, for now. Try to load Glide-HappyMod in 1.40 and you will see what I mean.

I know about your setup, and I dont care about changing the font type and font colors. I just said I dont like that font setup with words floating around the screen. I rather have the original chat box.

Tribes is a ****load more customizable than many of other games around.

You dont have to get mad, bro. God damn the bloody agressive geeks.

Im cool. Lets be friends. whats your msn

Last edited by AnubiS; 10-13-2010 at 21:04..
Sponsored Links
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
102 - 10-13-2010, 20:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by fant- View Post
azuritereaction, this is what will happen right to the letter

you will make a video, just one player will join as a result and then quit shortly afterwards complaining of the graphics not being on par with cod modern warfare 2 or something

after one month of lobbying your videos and blabbing about the game to your friends you will give up and realise you wasted your time on nothing

you are just another person in the long line of failed 'zomg lets revive tribes with movies and scripted storylines or sick MAs and techno music' entrepreneurs that thought their idea was unique

many have been before you

you are not unique

you will not succeed, period

so although i admire your idealism get a real job as a cleaner at macdonalds or something ok
so after 30,000 views you think only one person will install?

look at all the people who are jaded or got run off by a video game

they talk about tribes 1 like they talk about their first ex

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
103 - 10-13-2010, 21:03
are you listening to Aerosmith - Jaded?

by the way
Tribes Talk (12 Viewing)

Its already working

Last edited by AnubiS; 10-13-2010 at 21:16..
DaJ4ck3L
VeteranX
Old
104 - 10-13-2010, 21:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by azuritereaction View Post
In all honesty, there's nothing I can really do to persuade you guys that this will bring lots of new people in, people who will more than likely want to stay, except the results once the videos come out. But for those of you who want to help and give ideas and such, it really is appreciated.
For more ideas, and better perspectives, you're welcome to stop by The Land of Oz - Index

Everyone that goes to the OZ site is active in Tribes and many of the different mods (base, Annihilation, Renegades, etc, etc). It's a much more active tribes forum than this one, with people who actually play the game, and would love to support anyone trying to promote it.

azuritereaction
Veteran²
Old
105 - 10-13-2010, 22:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fant- View Post
azuritereaction, this is what will happen right to the letter

you will make a video, just one player will join as a result
YouTube - Stratovarius - Deep Unknown (JamLegend Legendary Guitar Tap)

2 days after i made this over 5,000 people had joined this game, directly because of this video, and this isn't an isolated case or a 1 time thing. This game has far worse graphics than tribes ever had. Do you really think tribes is so unappealing that only 1 person will join?

I put up a link to the beta on my twitter and some 5 or 6 people downloaded it from that alone within minutes: that was with no videos, no tutorials, and no prior knowledge of the game. They still downloaded and tried it out.

"'zomg lets revive tribes with movies and scripted storylines or sick MAs and techno music"

Never said i'd be using any of this besides movies, i'm doing flat out tutorials/instructional videos to help blunt the learning curve and introducing people to the game simultaneously.

The amount of cynical, jaded posts in here is just going up, so i'll probably not post in this topic anymore since it's pretty futile lol, but i'm still going to do the videos. Still totally confused as to why you're posting on this forum if you consider tribes to be a dead game and don't think anything would bring it back.

opsayo, do you have AIM or anything like that? would probably be easier to talk there, i don't get on IRC much.

Also DaJ4ck3L, sounds good.

Last edited by azuritereaction; 10-13-2010 at 22:21..
Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
106 - 10-13-2010, 22:16
It's funny how the majority of TW is against any idea of bringing in new players to T1.
What's even more funny is they are against ideas like these, while they don't even play the game anymore because its "dead" or "LT killed tribes". Why do they even care if someone wants to put some time and effort into this game? They don't even play it.

This is the reason why I would take new players over old players. Old players want 98-03 back. New players want to play a fun game, no matter the mod, no matter how bad they are. As far as I'm concerned...97% of the old t1 community can continue to play console games instead of tribes.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
107 - 10-13-2010, 22:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by azuritereaction View Post
YouTube - Stratovarius - Deep Unknown (JamLegend Legendary Guitar Tap)

2 days after i made this over 5,000 people had joined this game, directly because of this video, and this isn't an isolated case or a 1 time thing. This game has far worse graphics than tribes ever had. Do you really think tribes is so unappealing that only 1 person will join?

I put up a link to the beta on my twitter and some 5 or 6 people downloaded it from that alone within minutes: that was with no videos, no tutorials, and no prior knowledge of the game. They still downloaded and tried it out.

"'zomg lets revive tribes with movies and scripted storylines or sick MAs and techno music"

Never said i'd be using any of this besides movies, i'm doing flat out tutorials/instructional videos to help blunt the learning curve and introducing people to the game simultaneously.

The amount of cynical, jaded posts in here is just going up, so i'll probably not post in this topic anymore since it's pretty futile lol, but i'm still going to do the videos. Still totally confused as to why you're posting on this forum if you consider tribes to be a dead game and don't think anything would bring it back.

opsayo, do you have AIM or anything like that? would probably be easier to talk there, i don't get on IRC much.

Also DaJ4ck3L, sounds good.
check your private messages

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
108 - 10-13-2010, 22:51
Quote:
It's funny how the majority of TW is against any idea of bringing in new players to T1.
What's even more funny is they are against ideas like these, while they don't even play the game anymore because its "dead" or "LT killed tribes". Why do they even care if someone wants to put some time and effort into this game? They don't even play it.

This is the reason why I would take new players over old players. Old players want 98-03 back. New players want to play a fun game, no matter the mod, no matter how bad they are. As far as I'm concerned...97% of the old t1 community can continue to play console games instead of tribes.
true.
Well, azur.. Go for it. You have my support. Anything you need, go to www.annihilation.info/forum and www.pushbiscuit.info/ forums.
You have many more places with active players to discuss this.

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
109 - 10-13-2010, 23:33
Quote:
You sure you're talking about TW, and not the active player-base ( opsayo, disk, skillz, yourself, etc. )? You know, the cliquey ****s that refuse to allow anyone to participate.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
110 - 10-13-2010, 23:54
do I prevent them from playing in pubs? did I write a LT guide so new players can learn the pu side of the game faster?

if they want to pu, they need to know how to play their position.
if they want to pub, i dont care if they decide to only shoot themselves.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
111 - 10-13-2010, 23:56
can you not group me with those people nofix

restructure ur post or pay the prices

uNLeaSHeD.
Veteran++
Old
112 - 10-14-2010, 00:05
Idk, I think it's a great idea and I'll keep saying that but I feel sorry for the new comers because 90% of the community here are ****ing dickheads and probably won't help them out in anyway. But yea keep up the good work.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
113 - 10-14-2010, 00:30
as always people that genuinely want help will get help

the people that want their egos stroked will get run off and post nasty things on forums

dangerdee
Veteran++
Old
114 - 10-14-2010, 00:49
Quote:
Yeah dont be disheartened by the people discouraging you. They dont even have a single reason why you shouldnt make it other than it might not work. I dont see how that affects them..

If the world were full of people like them we would all still be living in caves. Actually they probably still are, and its cold, so they are flaming to try keep their cold hearted souls warm.

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
115 - 10-14-2010, 09:37
Ok we all agree with this idea. Hands to work!

speedypcnet
Veteran
Old
116 - 10-14-2010, 15:08
I'm a newbie here. I think I want a ton of new players. Does this affect the computer speed?

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
117 - 10-14-2010, 15:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post
so after 30,000 views you think only one person will install?

look at all the people who are jaded or got run off by a video game

they talk about tribes 1 like they talk about their first ex
You act like there's never been a Tribes revival before.

It's hit numerous Top Ten/Twenty/Fifty lists for Videogames of all time in every major magazine. It's been on dozens of websites and been resurrected at least 10 times by TW alone.

You will get the same thing you got every other time. A large influx of idiots who ruin pubs for everyone else who then in turn chastise the new players who then uninstall. And now they get the added bonus of people loading Tribes and

A: Not seeing a Master Server List
B: Not seeing a single person who isn't Brazilian playing
C: Not even seeing a single person period

Maybe if they added star power like UCL the king you'll attract more ppl!

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
118 - 10-14-2010, 17:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post

A: Not seeing a Master Server List
B: Not seeing a single person who isn't Brazilian playing
C: Not even seeing a single person period

Maybe if they added star power like UCL the king you'll attract more ppl!
A: Maybe
B: Not true. There are only 7 brazilians playing, and I dont see whats the problem
C: Not true

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
119 - 10-14-2010, 18:18
Ok lets remember that no one is going to give a **** about annihilation or shifter or football mod or tribsrpg.

There are almost zero LT servers running and absolutely zero base. You think people are going to have fun in Argh's?

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
120 - 10-14-2010, 19:04
i am king

Page 6 of 30

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
newbies , tutorials , video , voting , youtube