Vengeance Vengeance

This has been said before.

Most of you people don't want Tribes back, you want 1999 back.
©Lindsey "Paradox" Smith 2004

Last edited:
BadMoFo said:
also-anyone that talks shit about my buddy marweas. one day I will meet you. that day will be the worst fucking day of your life. I promise you.
OMG, I'm so fucking petrified. Mr. Internet Big Man is gonna give me a bad day.

Plague I understand you guys are now under contract to VU that was by choice although I do not understand why. It made sense when Starsiege was originally going to be a mod for T:V. Now you have switched to the TSE Torque engine and yet are under contract with VU. I'm sorry I have a hard time believing VU would make another Tribes game why should they? Would it not be easier and cheaper to patch T:V. Sorry man you lost me on your logic. Concerning a Tribesque game call it what you like, but it will be on the Torque engine as well. These guys can do as they please, but I for one will not pay another dime for game that a company refuses to support. I thought a Tribes mod for Starsiege was a rather neat idea, but then again any content you make will be the property of VU yet again.

I personally (after I get done with my pnumonia) will be going to all the Wallmarts and the like which carry these games and let them know they should return them due to the reasons which are painfully obvious. That's what little I can do

I just think this "plan" is pretty stupid. Maybe I missed out on the really good parts since I didn't read the whole thread. *shrug*

And :fu: Bob.

I don't know what to do to save tribes, but this aint it.

You guys might be best off bugging GG

they wont make tribes, but I trust em to keep the core gameplay intact, if they choose to get involved.

yeha i'm of the opinion this wont do anything but piss vu off, at best, and that would be a huge stretch.

I think Plague has some good points, and thats something people need to angle towards- maturity, compromise, and community building, but I definitley think Vir is dead on when he says the core game of Tribes needs to be immediate to new players. T:V definitely did not have that as the game started to evolve. New players hopped on, got discouraged and left.

Define a core gametype to rally new players, allow the engine to expand to a number of possibilities within the Tribes frame, but dont limit the possibilties. Tribes as an idea is WAY beyond CTF, and its time for it to begin branching out, what else can it do. I'm not saying no CTF, I'm just saying what else.

The communty definitely needs to rally and the fruitless arguing needs to be done with, dont waste time shitting on people, lets make things, build things etc.

The plan is for Dread to buy the rights to the series then install slut and myself as co-producers of the next game of course. You don't think the discontinuation of support for T:V was sheer coincidence do you?

Pachacutec said:
yeha i'm of the opinion this wont do anything but piss vu off, at best, and that would be a huge stretch.

I think Plague has some good points, and thats something people need to angle towards- maturity, compromise, and community building, but I definitley think Vir is dead on when he says the core game of Tribes needs to be immediate to new players. T:V definitely did not have that as the game started to evolve. New players hopped on, got discouraged and left.

Define a core gametype to rally new players, allow the engine to expand to a number of possibilities within the Tribes frame, but dont limit the possibilties. Tribes as an idea is WAY beyond CTF, and its time for it to begin branching out, what else can it do. I'm not saying no CTF, I'm just saying what else.

The communty definitely needs to rally and the fruitless arguing needs to be done with, dont waste time shitting on people, lets make things, build things etc.

Although I agree with your post, I find it funny that your sig has "FUCK YOU VUG" in it...maturity at its finest!

Vir said:
The plan is for Dread to buy the rights to the series then install slut and myself as co-producers of the next game of course. You don't think the discontinuation of support for T:V was sheer coincidence do you?

I would really love to know who told you there would be no patch for T:V.

Hell the way it is if anyone can make the next game let GG and z0dd and ZOD work on it. Hell, they saved T2.

Celestial said:
Although I agree with your post, I find it funny that your sig has "FUCK YOU VUG" in it...maturity at its finest!

well, thats freedom of speech for you. especially when i spent a lot of time trying to help and get people into t:v and they pull the rug out from under their own game...

Back