Looking for a new game 'like Tribes to play?

triple said:
I dunno, is it anything like rainbow 6?

Some people enjoy a slower, more tactical game than CS.

yes.

seems to be a real niche game franchise with rabid fans, too.

wahjot said:
that game consists of twelve year olds calling each other racist slurs

ironically, i'd say CS has less of this than tribes...

wahjot said:
uh, tactics dont exist at all in cs.

that game consists of twelve year olds calling each other racist slurs, nm that its a 6 year old game

can't you read?

I said they would if both teams actually used them instead of playing rambo all the damn time.. a team trained in swat type tactics could destroy most teams in cs I bet.

triple said:
I dunno, is it anything like rainbow 6?

Some people enjoy a slower, more tactical game than CS.

AAO is far better of a choice for this type of FPS.

I don't wish any illwill on another community but lets hope they don't suffer the fate we have. Afterall, they are gamers like us. :)

|CO|Kapeket!! said:

I don't wish any illwill on another community but lets hope they don't suffer the fate we have. Afterall, they are gamers like us. :)

agreed, i think you can find really, really hardcore tactical gameplay on some CS servers but it's not what you find on the garden variety CS or Battlefield pub (then again, you can say that about most games).

AA:O and Raven Shield were definately much more hard core from day one.

Ive never played SWAT games online, but from lookin at the demo i suspect it's really an even more niche tactical game.

I play RvS....tried the SWAT4 demo

I'm not a big "run & gun" player. but the running speed in SWAT4 felt slower than the walking speed in RvS

and IF I had been interested? not now....VUG can bite me

|CO|Kapeket!! said:

You think AAO is slower, more tactical?

I've never seen so many grenades flying indiscriminately in a game before AAO.

[Release TV] MortarFX's

Updated: combimed FX's (MortarFX & RocketFX) to one pkg, added new disc trails. you'll have to redo the ini since the pkg name changed, :worried: if you were using the older files

--Screenshots--

contains: Mortar trails and explosions, smokey rocket trails with 8 colors to choose from, 2 disc trails and 1 explosion

Updated files
Filecloud
Mirror

Once again thx to Bodean for the help!

Last edited:
Now mortars that rain death upon my poor virtual body can smile an evil grin, knowing that my doom is nigh. Oh how decieving that grin is! How it draws me forth, gives me a false sense of security! Kaboom!

I am definately using these, nice work :bigthumb:

Suddenly_Dead said:
Now mortars that rain death upon my poor virtual body can smile an evil grin, knowing that my doom is nigh. Oh how decieving that grin is! How it draws me forth, gives me a false sense of security! Kaboom!

I am definately using these, nice work :bigthumb:
Oh you were talking about the smiley mortars. I had them confused with the TW logo mortars.

the radiation is my fav. and btw the screenshots are of older versions. since then i made them fade faster, so they dont block you view to much. i also messed with the Revolution, so the fx dont just go in a stright line, they kinda revolve arround the trails axis.

[TV Release] Smokeless Explosions

In theory these are suppose to help with FPS, however I havent really done any benchmarking.Either way the spin and mortar explosions just look better without the smoke IMO.Most of the credit goes to BoDean, I just took the time to release it.

download link:
Smokeless Explosions

screenshots:
disc
mortar

The following explosions have been edited:

Disc
Mortar
Grenade
Tank
Bomb

ah jesus thank you. again this is something that seems so small but i know many tribers would be happy to have these instead of the f'n defaults.

Back